X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tower Hobbies Click bait marketing

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-10-09-14-17.png Views:	0 Size:	223.4 KB ID:	205278

* this is TH response;

Dear Tower Hobbies Customer,

Thank you for contacting Tower Hobbies. E Flite is using MAP pricing which does not allow the discount on certain items. When viewing the item on our web page , below the photo, you will see a notation in red " Coupon discount not allowed by manufacturer for this product" Our order page is set up to let you know where to enter the coupon however as you have found if the item is not eligible it will tell you.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We appreciate your time and business with us.

Janice
    Tower Hobbies

Click image for larger version  Name:	TH coupon code.JPG Views:	0 Size:	123.3 KB ID:	205280 - but then it does not honor the discount, usual TH click bait... It has specifically for that product, as I check other ones, Add to cart with $50 coupon! -
    Attached Files

None of the Efjite stuff has ever been coupon Eligible.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

That's Horizon talking.

Comment

But then it works on Horizon site!? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-10-09-34-06.png
Views:	760
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	205285

Comment

The 50 off worked fine for me on the Tower site. Now Towers other coupons will not work on top of that and never have.

Mike

Comment

Maybe Horizon doesn't want their "subsidiary" shops to have the good PR. They do seem to have purchased "everybody" else of late.

Comment

I'll try another browser, lately have noticed Firefox and IE not working well. The one been more consistent is Chrome, possibly could be that, but I still have the response from customer service.

​​​​​

Comment

Horizon dictates what discounts can and cannot be applied to their products to keep Horizon dealers from undercutting each other. The same thing happens at AMain and pretty much any other Horizon dealer. You can only apply Horizon discounts to them, not vendor-specific discounts.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned Horizon might as well change their name to "Apple Aircraft". Everything is proprietary and very expensive now with their so called smart features which adds to the cost. Not everyone needs this smart tech but is stuck paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mburton47 View Post
                    As far as I'm concerned Horizon might as well change their name to "Apple Aircraft". Everything is proprietary and very expensive now with their so called smart features which adds to the cost. Not everyone needs this smart tech but is stuck paying for it.
                    There is a plus there you don't have to support them, You have a choice. Me , I'm good with them doing what they do. If I don't like something I just don't buy it.

Mike

Comment

One of the biggest losses to modelers in the US was when Horizon took over Tower Hobbies. I understand that economics probably made that an inevitable result but it's certainly not been a happy result for us. I used to always go to the Tower website first for my needs...now it's the last place I look.

Comment

Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                        One of the biggest losses to modelers in the US was when Horizon took over Tower Hobbies. I understand that economics probably made that an inevitable result but it's certainly not been a happy result for us. I used to always go to the Tower website first for my needs...now it's the last place I look.
                        Why? Tower was done. Their suppliers cut them off for non payment. This wasn't some hostile takeover just really bad management by Tower. If Horizon would not have acquired them thru the bankruptcy court.they would have ceased to exist. How's that better?

Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Why? Tower was done. Their suppliers cut them off for non payment. This wasn't some hostile takeover just really bad management by Tower. If Horizon would not have acquired them thru the bankruptcy court.they would have ceased to exist. How's that better?

Mike.
                          You must have missed the part where I said, " I understand that economics probably made that an inevitable result" I do miss the old Tower but life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by radfordc View Post

You must have missed the part where I said, " I understand that economics probably made that an inevitable result" I do miss the old Tower but life goes on.
                            Guess I misunderstood that statement when you posted "was when Horizon took over Tower Hobbies" caught my eye, they did'nt take over anything as there wasn't much left to "take over" short of a pile of debt. I watched their demise ( being in the hobby business) from a front row seat. Many of my suppliers were burned by non payment than their employees screwed. Do I miss them , sure in a way , TF kits for one but I'm not sure they would have continued anyway with the current state of the hobby anyway. .
                            Mike

Comment

I bought a similar radio control plane last year from Turo. I was always dreamed of such a toy, and my parents constantly were rejecting to buy it. Once I got from a radio control helicopter, it was very cheap, and it broke down on the first day. I was distraught that day and maybe the following week. But I wasn't mad at my parents that they bought a low-quality helicopter, but I was angry because it was my fault and I should have played with it more attentively. This is why now, when I grew up and had my own money, I decided to buy myself a radio control airplane.

Comment

Is there any coupon code here? I'm looking for it but don't know where to get the coupon code.Anyone know where there is a coupon code just help me out.
                                Thank You

Comment

Working...
                                X