Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jpower/Skyangel EDF's and Warbirds

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jpower/Skyangel EDF's and Warbirds

I would like to see you guys pick up this line of models... Everyone at our club who flys electrics loves these.
    Jeff (Columbia R/C)

Re: Jpower/Skyangel EDF's and Warbirds

Interesting. We have tested many of their models and had many conversation with them. We need to see some quality improvement on these planes. Do the guys at the field have any issues?

Comment

i have 2 of the Skyangel 50mm edf's...1 or both always goes to the field with me !!

Comment

I bought the giant sized j-power p51 big beautiful doll last summer. I hate to say it but it was terrible. The control horns were just glued, the retracts looked good..but were just glued to the foam..did not even survive a take off.I had to go in and make some actual mounting rails out of Balsa and cut them into the foam and epoxy them, which is my bad I should have thought to have looked at the mounting closer.when I did get everything corrected on the first actual flight the motor shut down, when I got to it the esc had melted through the foam through the wheel well and was on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Interesting. We have tested many of their models and had many conversation with them. We need to see some quality improvement on these planes. Do the guys at the field have any issues?
          I don't know about their propeller line, but their EDFs are in my opinion, on a par with the first generation Freewing 64 mm, such as the F-86, MiG-15 and F9F. The only drawbacks in them are that they come from the factory with low power ESCs that use bullet plug battery connectors. The fols over at Porcupine RC sell them with the ESCs replaced with 30 amp ESCs that have XT-60 plugs. When Toysonics existed they sold them in three types, KIT(no servos or ESC), PNP, and RTF. The only other drawback is that only a few came with fixed LG, and the A-6 and A-7 were characitures of the real plane.

Comment

I've had a couple of these in the past. One was their little F-86 Sabre. It was not very good at all. The only thing memorable about the second one was the last image I had was of it was seeing stuck in the tall grass with its tail sticking up right after it crashed on the maiden. Of all the well over 100 RC planes I've had, those two didn't even count in the bunch. They were very cheap and such terrible examples of RC planes that I forgot I ever had them. I will never buy another one again no matter how much better people claim they've gotten. In my opinion, they are far below the quality and value of the UMX line of Eflite planes. The UMX planes fly well and are fun but even those get boring real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
              I've had a couple of these in the past. One was their little F-86 Sabre. It was not very good at all. The only thing memorable about the second one was the last image I had was of it was seeing stuck in the tall grass with its tail sticking up right after it crashed on the maiden. Of all the well over 100 RC planes I've had, those two didn't even count in the bunch. They were very cheap and such terrible examples of RC planes that I forgot I ever had them. I will never buy another one again no matter how much better people claim they've gotten. In my opinion, they are far below the quality and value of the UMX line of Eflite planes. The UMX planes fly well and are fun but even those get boring real fast.
              Yes, they have a better quality, but out of 20 different planes, there are four Piper Cub variants and only one EDF with a "glass jaw". And then their's their quick turnover time, where some of the models are only available for a year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Bananna sells the EDFs for anywhere from $90-95 for the PNPs, and $67 for the Kits. The price for the PNP includes a $20 gyro, but if you just replaced the stock ESC with a ZTW Mantis 25A ESC - ZTW2025101,
                sales would go well. And the Kits would probabl do better than the PNPs considering how many "modders" I see on the boards.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	09F1D1E5-EAAF-4FB9-B9C4-8C9A72549695.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	319873Click image for larger version

Name:	7DA48E34-5C30-4C97-B177-AFA12BB89A27.jpeg
Views:	303
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	319872Click image for larger version

Name:	A88594A2-D7BB-4FF7-8EC7-BFB2DF580070.jpeg
Views:	474
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	319870Click image for larger version

Name:	F863E036-6344-4D93-A158-46EF96DA0673.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	319871 The 50mm EDFs from Skyangel or now Blitzworks through BananaHobby are a blast. I usually end up replacing everything but the airframe, but they’re still a lot of fun. I’ve had 2 of the L-39’s, A-6, T-45 (best quality of their 50mm line in my opinion), T-33/P-80, F-35, Viperjet, and the weird looking A-7 Corsair. Right now I’ve been playing with the L-39 as I’m waiting for a new jet to come out from Freewing.

With the L-39, I had to turn the aileron control arms to run out of the top of the wing because as soon as I touch down on concrete normally, it strips the cheap aileron servo gears. I also added 4 skids for landing on pavement so I can fly off of my home street. Once all of the servos were replaced with Hitec HS55’s it flew like it’s on rails. So fun, and pretty light still. I’m using the Roaring Top 3s 850mah 80c batteries and don’t get much sag.

The fan that comes with these is 10 year old technology at best, and is no where near balanced. It looks like the kind of plastic that those $.50 toy eggs that come out of a gum ball machine are made of. I was worried that it shook so much that the resonance would mess with my radio gear, but it worked and the L-39 is so light that it would still cruise at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle. Today I got a 40amp ESC and Powerfun 50mm (11 blade?) EDF. It’s installed and sounds way better. Has a ton of thrust too. I’m hoping the extra weight doesn’t kill the fun. I’ll hand launch on windier days.

I’ve tried metal fans before and 4s but when these jets get too heavy, they loose their small park fun. The T-33 wings would even flex with too much speed. Looking forward to seeing how the new fan goes but honestly, these small jets are nearly as much fun for me as the 90mm Freewing ones!

Comment

Working...
                  X