You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's happening to Banana Hobby anyway...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's happening to Banana Hobby anyway...

<i>Just a curious question and not against motionrc at all</i>...seems to always be very good reviews. But this BH deal whats up with that and why are they trying to pretend there on the up and up? Here they had these lower prices on some of the planes, never anything in stock, and now they barely seem to have that many planes to offer and then just recently said that because of their competitors they would have to be raising prices to stay in line with their fellow rc stores? Its making me laugh about there business. Like I said <i>just curious </i>nothing more because when I'm able I will be buying my first plane from motionrc because of the reviews I've seen, seem to be great to deal with shipping, packaging and especially customer service...thanks everyone! Keep flying to the clouds!

Re: So what's happening to Banana Hobby anyway...

I haven't seen anything about BH raising their prices and can only comment on my personal experience with them. I have purchased three models from BH. The 1700mm FMS v2 gray Corsair, the 2000mm Blitz/LX B-25 Mitchell, and the 2000mm Blitz/LX camo P-40 Warhawk. All items were on sale, arrived in good condition, and I had no issues with the components. I got a super deal on the Corsair with the free FMS shipping promo that was too good to pass up. I wanted the Corsair in the gray/white paint because, as I found with my Dynam 1250mm navy Corsair, you can sometimes lose orientation with the monotone paint. <i> (I wish FMS offered the Corsair in the tri-tone paint scheme).</i> The B-25 and P-40 are just beautiful and monstrously large, with incredible detail. The B-25 actually has brakes, and the massive 18" prop and 5" spinner on the P-40 is uber cool! It is hard to believe they are foamies. I have not flown any of these models because I am waiting for Hitec's Aurora 9X to hit the shelves. Sigh... While I have had no issues with my inexpensive Airfield transmitter & receivers, I'd just feel better having a nice computerized radio before I start flying these larger birds. I have read and seen a lot of complaints about BH but I have had good experiences with all three of my purchases.

That being said, I came upon Motion RC late, and I have been very pleased with every purchase. I just received the Freewing EF-2000 Eurofighter and FA-18 last week and, like the other models, they arrived in only a couple of days and they are just sweet! Motion's "free shippiing over $99" and $5 otherwise is excellent. Other venders tack on $40-50 shipping for identically prices models! Unless it is a specific model or paint job I want that I can't get here, I am sticking with Motion RC.

Comment

BH has publicly announced on RC Groups and on their Facebook page that they would be raising their FMS prices due to outside pressure saying that they were too low... The thing is, FMS has said that only Diamond and Motion are the ONLY distributor/suppliers in the U.S, so I guess good luck finding any FMS planes on BH. Just look at their site, they basically have no FMS birds in stock now, and everything else is mostly out of stock as well. Good luck if anyone orders from BH...

<i>IF</i> BH is beeing shunned from FMS, then they are probably frantically scrambling to find models from somewhere to replace them. I did see they refreshed their logo, and have a "special" on shipping as well. Free over $75, $5 flat, and any FMS bird is free (if you can find one). Looks like pressure on shipping rates has came to as well.
      Hangar: 90mm F16, 90mm F-15, 80mm Mirage, 90mm F-18, 1400mm P-40, 64mm F-22

RIP: 80mm F-14

Comment

yeah, not too much to choose from at BH lately ! oh well <smiley image="smiley_tongue.gif"/>

Comment

The only good thing about BH is Pete's plane videos. He is a good salesman. Those videos are done well and with conviction, <i>even if Pete is faking it</i>. Those videos high light the product and make you want it. I hope Ryan and Capt.Mike do a lot more product videos for MotionRC in the presentation style that Pete uses.

Comment

Haven't seen Pete in any new videos for BH. I have been seeing new faces promote BH products. According to some sites http://rctruth.com/index.php?topic=1515.0;prev_next=next#new Pete is no longer working with BH.

Comment

I dont know whats up with B.H. but i'v bought a number of planes from them in the past, but since they upgraded their website their prices went through the roof. Planes I bought for 150$ are over 200$ and now their sellection is slim. Hard to do buisness with them!!!!!

Comment

Petes over at Aerobeez now. i think he left BH to get away from the bad service... ive heard alot of mixed things about Aerobeez, but they seem better than anything BH could or has done. ive been wanting the SU-47 Berkut kit that BH has, but because of all the bad about BH, i just cannot bring myself to purchase from them, plus the shipping is outrageous just for a foam kit without any of the electronics or anything except just the foam. they wanted $35 last time i checked. its probably gone up since then. oh well, ive only been going through MotionRC since i found them a while back. awesome, simply awesome.

Comment

I have purchased several planes in the past from BH. At first they were great, good prices and you could actually talk to someone on the phone! That has changed. My experience has been mixed at times.

I was wondering what happened to Pete. If you look on the BH site and see that a plane is out of stock then go to ebay you will most likely see it for sale with a picture of Pete holding the plane. The price is over twice what was being advertised on the site.

Comment

I purchased one plane from BH and will never do so again. Little to no customer service. The plane I purchased back in November is still on the floor and will probably stay there. It was an A10. It was a piece of junk. My club has a BH complaint page on FB. Not one member is satisfied with these guys. MRC is the best when it comes to customer service.

Comment

Working...
                    X