X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nose gear

has anyone ever heard of a Dubro nosegear for the Sky Trainer???? Trying to beef mine up and I saw this on the reviews... thanks, pilot104....jlrcpilot@gmail.com

Re: nose gear

If you want a little more robust nose gear for the sky trainer go with this:

Dubro Low Bounce Wheels
    Dubro Nose Gear

The stock nose gear does bend easily. The replacement will need bent correctly, but it has a spring action to help soak up rough landings.
    Hangar: 90mm F16, 90mm F-15, 80mm Mirage, 90mm F-18, 1400mm P-40, 64mm F-22

RIP: 80mm F-14

Comment

Hi guys,
      For now the Dubro replacement is your best option. I love my Sky Trainer and our goal is to work with FMS to make this plane even better. To that end, we are working on a couple of changes for new versions of Sky Trainers. One is a new nosegear which includes a shock absorber and hefty metal housing. We should be receiving samples any day now and will plan to include these on all future FMS Sky Trainer Models. The second improvement is the battery hatch. If you are like me, you occasionally land hard and the battery (if not properly velcro'ed) can push the hatch open. FMS is working on a better locking mechanism for the battery hatch - likely just a simple, but effective slide lock. More info will follow.

Mark

Comment

Hello, I've bent mine back straight a couple times already. I bought the v2 firewall and nose wheel with the shock absorber, but how do you install it? The old one seems to be buried in the foam. Just cut it out and then hot glue the new one in the hole and hot glue the foam around it? Anyone have a clue, or is it just me that is clueless?

Comment

Yes, to replace the firewall, you use a sharp knife to cut in from the side, in the same plane as the firewall (no pun intended). Remember, the firewall holds the motor, and that part you cut away has to hold the motor on when you glue it back in place, so use a strong glue. I also add toothpicks, pushed through the joint from the front, to help support the glue against shearing forces, as in bouncing down the runway.

Comment

Hi! Thanks for the info. Now just have to bite the bullet and do it. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X