X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1400mm T28

I'm considering a purchase for a 1400mm T28. I need to know if anyone has had problems with the electronics. The Notion RC site says it has 9 servos. the FMS site says it has 12 servos. Who is right?
    I have a Parkzone micro and the standard T28 but would like a bigger T28 like the 1400mm. Just don't see how a 5amp BEC will handle that many servos.
    Tootall505 (Chris).

Re: 1400mm T28

I know several ppl that have the 1400mm fms t-28 & they love them. To the best of my knowledge they are all still using the stock electronics & have'nt had any trouble with them. I was given a chance to fly one of theirs & really liked it, it flies a lot like my parkzone t-28, just bigger, & heavier, however very well behaved. I would love to have a 1400 fms t-28 now that I've had a chance to see & fly one first hand ! To the best of my knowledge it only has 9 servos as well as the retracts. By the way, I have a 1400mm p-51 v7 & have had no speed control, or radio issues with it, I use a spektrum dx6i.

Comment

Hey that's awesome. I wish I had a chance to fly one before I buy it. All the guys ay Motion RC tell they love the T28. I like my Parkzones also. I just wish I would have listened to everyone about the Mustang before I bought it. Not the easiest plane to fly for an intermediate pilot. But one thing is for sure is that I'm not going to take any chances with the next plane. I glad no one else has had problems with stock electronics, guess I was the unlucky one. But at least I have plenty of spare servos and stuff from 2 wrecked P-51's.lol
      Tootall505 (Chris).

Comment

Cool.I told you wrong on the amt on the number of servos. There's actually 11, i checked with my buddy & found out there are 2 more, one for each cowl vent. Good flying !

Comment

My new T-28 has mechanical gear doors. Does your friends have them or the secquinced doors?
          Not sure why mine does unless they made a change and got rid of 3 servos.
          Tootall505 (Chris).

Comment

Hi guys - just wanted you to know that FMS has changed to mechanical gear doors (no sequencer) on its latest T-28 version.

Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark for the email and the info. I figured that they made a change to the doors. They work just fine mechanically and can see why the change was made due to reliability, and 3 fewer servos is good for the electrical system.
              Tootall505 (Chris).

Comment

I have two of the older models and love both. No problems with the servos or other electronics. These are great flyers very similar to the smaller version but better visibility from the size. You will love this model.

Comment

Hey Pheonix...Ya I think i'm going to love this model as well. I just installed a larger nose wheel from Dubro, Low bounce, cat#225T. It's a 2-1/4" wheel and it's the largest wheel that will work with the new mechanical gear door set up. Because of the way the doors close with a lever that the gear strut pushes down when closing, the doors rub the larger wheel just a little but they close all the way. I think it will work just fine.
                  Tootall505 (Chris).

Comment

Hey...What size and brand of battery do you use in you T-28's ?
                    Tootall505 (Chris).

Comment

I use a 3600 4C most of the time. If you really want some extended flying time, try a Zippy compact 4500. They weigh the same as some 3600 or 4000 batteries and take up less space. The CG is easily found with these batteries.

Comment

Cool..Thanks..I have a 3000 from Motion RC, 3300 from Hyperion, 3300 Trunigy nanotech. I'll have to check out the Zippy compact 4500. Most batteries that size I've seen wont fit the plane..
                        Tootall505 (Chris).

Comment

Hey Phoenix. I checked out the Zippy compact 4500. The battery is 163mm long. the tray in my new T28 is only 158mm. Did you cut the foam to make it fit?
                          Tootall505 (Chris).

Comment

No I have V2 and have lots of room for the battery.

Comment

If you include all of the servos (door servos main and nose, cowl flaps, etc, there are probably 12) I've had mine for a while now and have never had problems with any except the servo that drives the steering for the nose gear. However, that was my fault. I stripped it while attempting to stop it while it rolled towards me too fast. Easily replaced it though.

Word of caution though. This is a lot of plane to go to from the micro T-28. Lots of difference in performance, size, weight, characteristic, and a great deal of money if crashed. I don't know if you're a new pilot, but if so, purchase it, but sit on it while you get more flight experience. Micros are a good way to start, but its definitely a huge step below what this size T-28 does.

If you do decide to accept the challenge make sure you have a computer radio with low dialed in expo and dual rates.

Happy flying!

Comment

Thanks Sky wolf for the post. My V3 1400 T28 has 9 servos. The plane fly's awesome, read my post
                                " New 1400mm T28 ". Although I'm fairly new to planes ( about 1 year ) I'm not new to flying. I've been flying heli's since the late 1990's, nitro 60's size heli's before 3 axis gyros, electric power and CCPM mixing existed.
                                My first plane was a UMX Carbon Cub, still have it. Then I got a parkzone T-28 46" wingspan. Then I got a micro T-28 to fly indoors and at the park. I've had 2 FMS 1450mm P-51's ( V6 and V7 ) read my post " 2 Destroyed P-51's ". Then 2 months ago I got the new FMS V3 1400 T-28. So I think I have experience.
                                Anyway the V3 is the best plane I have by far. I disconnected the internal 5 amp BEC on the ESC and installed a Castle 10 amp external BEC. Put a Spektrum 8 ch receiver w/remote receiver and haven't had any problems with that setup like I did with the p51's. The V3 is an awesome flier and I enjoy every minute in the air. I plan to get the new V3 1400mm F4U Corsair in a few months and it will be my target plane to work up to.

Happy Flying.
                                Tootall505 (Chris).

Comment

Before you purchase, read the reviews on the F4U landing gears. Also, see my thread on how I modified my gears.

Comment

Hey phoenix. After talking to the guys at Motion RC I decided to get a the V-8 Mustang instead of the F4U. After flying the 1400 T28 every weekend since October with no mishaps except a few nicked props, I think i'll be ready this time for mustang. Been spending a lot of time on the simulator and getting pretty good at the tail dragger thing.
                                    Tootall505 (Chris).

Comment

I just took my new 1400 T-28 to the field and did a range check. All looks good. Then a taxi around-went great.
                                      Then went to take off. Just as the nose lifted, the left wing dipped and hit the ground. It went down so fast I had no time to recover. Not much damage, just the prop.
                                      My question is what did I do wrong? Too much throttle? Although it was tracking great on the ground.
                                      The flaps were up, all control surfaces are straight.
                                      Any ideas on what to do when I take to the field again? I would just HATE to crash such a nice looking bird.
                                      Thanks

Comment

Hey CaptRon. It's kinda hard to say what happened. Do you fly off grass or pavement? Was it windy? How long is your runway? If you hit the throttle to hard at takeoff it will torque roll to the left. Might try to roll in the throttle smoothly to almost half and hold, then add elevator till its off the ground then add more throttle in the air. My field's runway is about 300 yrds long so I have plenty of room it get it up to speed before lift off. Not sure what radio you use but I have 3 position flaps. I take off with mid flaps and land with full flaps Read my post "my new 1400mm T-28 " I believe in there are some great take off and landing procedures and radio set ups from other flyers and myself that might help.
                                        Tootall505 (Chris).

Comment

Working...
                                        X