You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tape for covering servo wires on FMS planes?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape for covering servo wires on FMS planes?

Recently replaced a bad servo and did some other work on my 1400mm FMS t-28. In doing so, had to remove some of the white tape that covers the servo wires that run along the bottom of the wing.

Can anyone recommend a good tape that would be a match for the tape used on the FMS planes? Specifically, a white, matte colored tape...Would also like to pick up some blue colored tape as well.

Tried some friends "cover tape" he bought from a local hobby store but it's shiny and actually doesn't stick that well...

Thanks,

Al

Re: Tape for covering servo wires on FMS planes?

Have you looked at the monokote adhesive on here. They come in several colors and sticks very well. I have bought this same adhesive at my local hobby shop. And you can also find some tapes at walmart that work very well in the hobby section ( where hot glue guns and foam paints are kept). Hope this helps.
    Rick

Comment

yeah..Walmart has some "duct tape"now in all colors it seems. just cut to fit !

i use the flourescent orange alot on my wingtips for visibility

Comment

If you want it to look stock, the decal sheets include these sections to cover the servo wires.

http://www.motionrc.com/fms-1400mm-t-28-decal-sheet-red/

Attached Files
        Hangar: 90mm F16, 90mm F-15, 80mm Mirage, 90mm F-18, 1400mm P-40, 64mm F-22

RIP: 80mm F-14

Comment

Here's something you might consider.
          If you haven't got any already, get yourself some Blenderm tape. I have it in one and two inch widths, & think there's a 3" available if you hunt....but have never had a situation that would require that width.
          The way this stuff works is almost miraculous! It goes on easily, & tho it has a low-aggression adhesive I've never had so much as a corner or single thread of it come loose from the plane. When you do remove it, it comes off very easily. And I can't think of a tape that's near as flexible, or easier to work with. Even if you don't use it for this project, you should have it in your toolbox - it's that good, & handy. Almost every one of the foamies I buy gets a 'hinge security' application during the build.

It also almost disappears on application. I can't see it on the plane more'n a few feet away. My suggestion is get (eg) a white paint pen (Wal-Mt Crafts section), color the visible wiring with the white, and lay some Blenderm over it to conceal. Were it me, I'd first put a small section of tape over the wire & see if it shows thru -- you might not even need to paint the wire first.

My 2c - hih.

Comment

I just used some white Electrical tape ,works well ,bonds well , and comes in limited colors, why,blu,red,green,black. Hope this works

Comment

I have also found if you spread a thin layer of contact adhesive on first tape will stick down a lot better. Welder works well, I prefer Flexible Foam-Cure myself. Principal works well for mounting receivers as well.

Comment

Working...
              X