X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrRCSound Sound System V4.1 With TT-25 for P-38

I have my TT-25 sound components with 2 speakers for the Motionrc P-38. There's nothing referencing how to install these and the board into the booms of the P-38, from the motionrc web site, youtube or the included cd/dvd. Only an electric glider and a P-51 video reference. Nothing about twin booms. I emailed tech support and was told, "put the 2 TT-25's in the boom right behind the motor on the bottom side. You will see like a panel line I cut right along those marks." There are 3 panel lines there and I have yet to see a reference to which panel line to cut into and how to do so. If I have to go by the P-51/glider video I don't feel comfortable slicing into both booms and having to trim away foam on the P-38 until I see exactly how it should be done.
    Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Originally posted by BadBob View Post
    I have my TT-25 sound components with 2 speakers for the Motionrc P-38. There's nothing referencing how to install these and the board into the booms of the P-38, from the motionrc web site, youtube or the included cd/dvd. Only an electric glider and a P-51 video reference. Nothing about twin booms. I emailed tech support and was told, "put the 2 TT-25's in the boom right behind the motor on the bottom side. You will see like a panel line I cut right along those marks." There are 3 panel lines there and I have yet to see a reference to which panel line to cut into and how to do so. If I have to go by the P-51/glider video I don't feel comfortable slicing into both booms and having to trim away foam on the P-38 until I see exactly how it should be done.
    BadBob did you ever get your TT-25 MrRc Sound card system installed in your P-38? I'm asking as I have the same system and haven't wanted to cut into the nacelles. I haven't seen a video on how to do it either. Hopefully one will show up! Regards! me109pilot

Comment

Originally posted by me109pilot View Post
      BadBob did you ever get your TT-25 MrRc Sound card system installed in your P-38? I'm asking as I have the same system and haven't wanted to cut into the nacelles. I haven't seen a video on how to do it either. Hopefully one will show up! Regards! me109pilot
      Yes, I did and sorry for not seeing your post sooner. Been awhile since I was here. I did cut into the 1st and 3rd panel lines behind the boom nose (see photo) and removed the panels. You can see the horizontal cut as well. I then glued the speakers, face down into the bottom of the booms behind the motors. The panels were easy to cut away with an exacto blade and made for a very good fit afterwards. I used foam tac to reapply the cut outs. Hope you can see the cut outs in the pic. Then I glued hardwood sticks under the ESC's to keep them above the speakers, as the speakers do get hot to the touch. I have read posts where a plane caught fire in the air because of the ESC's overheated, due to being in contact with the speakers. I put the sound card under the canopy, but had to do some minor alterations to fit it in when the canopy is locked in. No biggy there. One of the fun parts, was to turn it all on and adjust the start up sequence to the throttle on the TX. (I have the Graupner MZ-24 Pro). Haven't quite got it JUST right yet. There are posts about how folks have done this and it's been awhile since I last posted. I tried playing with the throttle trim and a knob on my TX, where the motors will start as soon as the sound startup sequence starts on the MrRc Sound system. It's a "play around with the set-up" thing in my configuration. Have fun with yours yours!
      Attached Files
      Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

BadBob thanks for the info on mounting the Mr RC Sound system in the P-38! I just finished with the landing gear upgrade so now I can move on to the Mr RC installation! Thanks again!

Comment

Yea how he did that is the same way I did mine I have not had any heat issue with heat and the esc. I suppose you could cut a small air hole on the inside of the nacelle for better cooling if needed.

Comment

Working...
          X