X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balancing props for electrics

I have been looking at weighing 3 and 4 blade propellers for balancing. How accurate should the scale be, I.e. - .01 g or is .1 g good enough? I have a spin balancer but it will not work on larger propellers.

Re: Balancing props for electrics

There are a little over 28g in one ounce. I would think .1g is plenty good.

Comment

Re: Balancing props for electrics

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

I've got my left side props at 11g and the right side at 12g's. Can I leave it like that or do both sides have to be the same weight?
        Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

Originally posted by BadBob View Post
          I've got my left side props at 11g and the right side at 12g's. Can I leave it like that or do both sides have to be the same weight?
          Bob - just leave it. It doesn't matter the weight difference between the port and starboard side with regard to the individual motor rotary dynamics. The only issue with imbalance between the two sides is if the difference was severe enough to cause trim issues on the longitudinal axis(roll) for the ailerons which on these models is virtually impossible.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Bob - just leave it. It doesn't matter the weight difference between the port and starboard side with regard to the individual motor rotary dynamics. The only issue with imbalance between the two sides is if the difference was severe enough to cause trim issues on the longitudinal axis(roll) for the ailerons which on these models is virtually impossible.
            WhooHoo! I'll sleep better tonight. Means I can mount and test tomorrow. Thanks OV10.
            Bob Duncan

Comment

Matt at Motion RC confirms. Thanks guys.
              Bob Duncan

Comment

Working...
              X