X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Days

Recently pasted 100 days without missing a single day of flying, I purchased a UMX P-47 which I refer to as my "Vacation Survival Kit" so when I travel I can still sneak in a flight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	VSK.jpg Views:	1 Size:	275.1 KB ID:	50602
    I started July 23, my goal is one year...
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Hi
    Thanks for sharing 100 straight days of flying!!! I am so jealous its in were you live. Here in NY its been almost 4 weeks since I was to buzz the tower. But congrats for flying that much and happy flying to you.

Comment

Awesome, TiredIron! Keep chargin' ahead! :)

Comment

Tired............as Brad indicated, it's all about were you live and that is why we are so jealous. Yes the first three to respond to your accomplishment are all from upstate NY so that has to tell you something about living here to fly. I did check my flight log though and I can't really complain.......so far this year I've had 71 days with a total of 402 sorties. For the days out I probably should be more like 600 but as lead flight instructor in the club I do spend a lot of time helping other pilots and for me that is just as enjoyable helping to put a smile on another person.
        Keep bangin out those days and let us know what your total count at year end is!!!
        Best regards,
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well done TiredIron, flying everyday for 100days is quite a feat. It would be quite an accomplishment to fly everyday for a whole year. 365 days, i'm sure its possible to do.

How many flights do you generally have when you go flying ?

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
            Well done TiredIron, flying everyday for 100days is quite a feat. It would be quite an accomplishment to fly everyday for a whole year. 365 days, i'm sure its possible to do.

How many flights do you generally have when you go flying ?

Martin
            See your new thread...
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Congrats TiredIron keep it going and keep us updated on how long the streak continues.

Comment

Geez...100 days straight, nice big hanger/workshop, personal runway out your back door, nice flying weather...

I hate you :p lol

Do you have a goal of how many days in a row you can go?

Comment

I'm shooting for a year...but I doubt I'll make it.
                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

You do have a great facility TiredIron.

Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
                      You do have a great facility TiredIron.

Martin.
                      Thanks Martin, my buddies and I really enjoy it.
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

130 days now...getting harder with winter coming on, wind was gusting to 35mph yesterday and was a challenge to land in.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

TI...........I can only glean vicarious pleasure from that type of number !!!! :p
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                            TI...........I can only glean vicarious pleasure from that type of number !!!! :p
                            Thanks, I'm blessed to live in a pretty mild climate.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

We should come up with some kind of patch!!
                              That's a great feat my friend, bet there were a few days where you were lacking motivation. I've had those, until I get in the air, then I wonder what I was thinking!!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

I have a UMX I fly when it's too windy or raining...I sometimes think it's too bad to fly but then I think about how long I've gone and that I'm almost halfway to my goal of one year.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

150 days...I just might make it a year.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

The only freakin way that I'm even gonna come close to being able to compete for that record is cheat by claiming days on the SIM :rolleyes:
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Lol...I only count flying planes, I don't count the quads.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Charlie old friend, about time we packed up and moved to Florida to that retirement village with the R/C airfield, then maybe we'd stand a chance.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                        X