Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or Cali and then maybe I could get first shot at test flying that FL Bronco for Alpha ;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Sound like a plan to me!!
      Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

That's awesome TiredIron!! I have the TechOne SU-29, and I fly that thing everyday in my front yard at lunchtime during the week, and pretty much all the time on the weekend. I have had the plane for about three months, and I probably have over 300 flights on it!!! Not sure where you are, but here in SC, it is good for flying almost all of the year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
          That's awesome TiredIron!! I have the TechOne SU-29, and I fly that thing everyday in my front yard at lunchtime during the week, and pretty much all the time on the weekend. I have had the plane for about three months, and I probably have over 300 flights on it!!! Not sure where you are, but here in SC, it is good for flying almost all of the year!!!
          I'm in Church Hill, Tn so very similar climate...it was 31 degrees this morning so I flew my L4 Cub a few times since it doesn't have retracts, I only fly my planes with retracts if it's above freezing.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Go TI, Go! Today is the shortest day of the year, three months 'til
            Spring, then you'll have it made. It would be quite the accomplishment to fly every day for a year!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
              150 days...I just might make it a year.
              That's amazing Tired Iron. I got in 495 flights in 2016 on 69 different days. (I keep a flight log - leftover habit form my full scale days.) You have given me something to aim for, though it is pretty tough here in far northern Illinois. Last week when I woke up it was 1 degree, with a 18 mph wind and some godawful windchill. Hard to keep flying outdoors in weather like that and our club only has every other week indoor flys.
              Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

Those are some good numbers, I should keep a log...I'm at 170 today.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by jackcutrone View Post

That's amazing Tired Iron. I got in 495 flights in 2016 on 69 different days. (I keep a flight log - leftover habit form my full scale days.) You have given me something to aim for, though it is pretty tough here in far northern Illinois. Last week when I woke up it was 1 degree, with a 18 mph wind and some godawful windchill. Hard to keep flying outdoors in weather like that and our club only has every other week indoor flys.
                  Those are some good numbers Jack. My log for 2016 showed I had 71 days but only 420 sorties. My position as lead flight instructor at the club uses up a fair amount of my time at the field helping others. Maybe I need to start counting buddy box time and other pilots maidens that I do if I even stand a chance of coming close to TI.
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I probably average around six flights a day since days that it's raining or extremely windy I only get one flight in, most evenings I usually get four flights on Saturdays and Sundays I would say ten to twenty each day depending on the weather.
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

177 days, Saturday will make 6 months...halfway there.
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

183 days, (six months)...half way there.
                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

And come Sunday, only two months of winter left to go. Got a bunch of flights in last year on the first day of Spring so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Hit 200 days today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7724.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	61264
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

In 65 days we'll start the short timer count down for ya on making a year !!!!! :Whew:
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

WOW!! So that's was green looks like!!!

Name:	IMG_9461.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	61317

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                  WOW!! So that's was green looks like!!!

Name:	IMG_9461.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	61317

Grossman56
                                  I'd hit that...with my Catalina ;)
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

For day 201, I thought this would be an appropriate plane to fly.

Name:	IMG_7732.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	61466
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Beautiful...

Comment

Day 239 It was so windy today it snapped my windsock pole...but I still flew...I'm sure hoping for some nicer weather soon.
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Wow. That's impressive. I am hoping for some better weather soon as well. I finished cleaning out my basement today and then had to take the kids to a birthday party. Might be able to do some flying tomorrow afternoon I hope.

Comment

Working...
                                          X