Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amen guys!!!! Amen....

Comment

• From a grateful nation and a better world because of people like you , Rest in Peace....

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
        Day 693: We laid my father to rest today, his wife, three children, five grandchildren and one great-granddaughter where there...he finished well:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180615_145044856_iOS.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	137126

Name:	20180615_145517550_iOS.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	137125

Name:	20180615_145846528_iOS.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	137124

After the graveside I came home and mowed the runway three times to get it good and clean for the fly-in tomorrow then I decided to maiden my Freewing 90mm Eurofighter. I had heard they were hard to take off on grass but she lifted right off and flew great, CG slightly rear of manual recommendation with a 6S 5000 all the way toward the rear, after 3:00 I landed with zero issues and had 3.84v left.

Name:	20180615_195239412_iOS.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	137127

Name:	20180615_193242987_iOS.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	137128
        God Bless you and your family for the loss.

Your going to enjoy flying the Eurofighter, one of my favorites, it will do some nice AOA flybys and landings are so sweet looking.

Comment

• Sorry for your loss TI, looks like a goodbye worthy of the hero he was. Sending my best thoughts and prayers.

Today was our clubs attempt at a Warbird event. Attendence was not great (only 2 people from outside our club), but I choose the make the best of it. It was windy and gusty above what I would normally fly in, but I flew anyways. 2 flights on the FMS P47, P-51B, and F-4, and 1 on the Little Bird. The big Varioprop on the P-47 makes an awesome noise flying into the wind!

Comment

• I got 2 flights on the ME 262, 4 flights on the F-4 and 4 flights on the F-15, F-15 is not my favorite but it looks good in the air and does nice scale takeoffs. Phantom is great all around, Me 262 flies very well also.

Comment

• Work this morning, and storms all day. No flying for me this Saturday. Maybe in the morning, if the weather has cleared up.

Comment

• Flew my 70mm Stinger EDF and the Exrta 300 a bunch . Brought the Sundowner 60 with me , but didn't put it up in the wind as i haven't flown this one yet . ( bought it used from a friend ) Hopefully soon !!!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                  Work this morning, and storms all day. No flying for me this Saturday. Maybe in the morning, if the weather has cleared up.
                  In the same boat here, we're awaiting a tropical storm on the way, had rain and heavy winds I may try the race wing, atleast it's less stressful flying those in the high wind of a tropical storm lol

Comment

• 5 flights on the FW F4
                    2 flights on FW F86
                    F4 flies and lands better

Comment

• George and my son Nathan flew these today.

Name:	IMG_20180616_155115.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	485.0 KB
ID:	137335

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                        George and my son Nathan flew these today.

Lot's of fun and flying today but it was about a million degrees:Sweating:
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• On behalf of my family sending our thanks to Charlie for his service and our thoughts and prayers to you and yours TiredIron. Godspeed Mike, aka Goose

Comment

• Happy Fathers Day to you Dads out there, I got up early before the family did and got a few sorties in this morning with the F-16 and A-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                              George and my son Nathan flew these today.

The perfect Father's Day pic right there! Happy Father's Day to all the dad's around here... :Win:
                              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Tough day for some of us, though a good time for me to recall the Dad who wasn't my father. Here's to all the Dads and Fathers out there in the Squawk community. Have an aviation kinda day and remember "Jet Blast Deflector" is not a job opportunity." Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                  Happy Fathers Day to you Dads out there, I got up early before the family did and got a few sorties in this morning with the F-16 and A-10.
                                  Your own small version of Davis-Monthan AFB. We get Warthogs and Falcons overhead from DM all the time.

Some people complain about the planes overhead. We're just south of the glidepath, and probably less than 2 miles from the base. I love watching the planes fly over, and taken some nice photos from the driveway, such as this shot of an F-16 turning for final right over our house. Of course, if you had a Mustang with you, you'd be ready for your own recreation of the second photo. We get an entire weekend each year of such formations, training for air show certification with USAF pilots at DM.
                                  Last edited by Hoomi; Jun 17, 2018, 11:21 AM. Reason: Edit: Added the photo of the Heritage Flight Training weekend formation.

Comment

• Great pics there Hoomi. As a matter of fact your A-10 and P-51 team from DM will be here in Binghamton, NY next weekend for the big airshow. Our club will have a big static display set-up including my Freewing A-10. One of our members is doing a demo with his 1/6 scale turbine F-16 done in T-bird livery.

Comment

• Last year during the Heritage Flight Training weekend, we had "Tarheel Hal," a P-47, a P-38, an F-22, and an F-35, all flying in formation together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

Your own small version of Davis-Monthan AFB. We get Warthogs and Falcons overhead from DM all the time.

Some people complain about the planes overhead. We're just south of the glidepath, and probably less than 2 miles from the base. I love watching the planes fly over, and taken some nice photos from the driveway, such as this shot of an F-16 turning for final right over our house. Of course, if you had a Mustang with you, you'd be ready for your own recreation of the second photo. We get an entire weekend each year of such formations, training for air show certification with USAF pilots at DM.
                                        Ooooohhh sweet, I could live there with you and not get tired of it, lol. We get some action around here once in awhile, I'm like 20 minutes from the NAS Lemoore, Ca., but they are up so high by the time they get to my house it's hard to see what they are..........:Confused:

Comment

• I too live under the approach path, in fact more precisely, directly under the Final Approach Fix for the ILS Runway 21 at Luke AFB. They drop the gear as they fly over my driveway. Really great when they are doing NVG missions and return. They circle north and probably about 50 miles out they start turning on lights as they enter Phoenix airspace.

Comment

Working...
                                          X