Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ll post more pic’s tomorrow...exhausted...

Piper M500 from KSDL to 7FL6. 2 fuel stops - Llano, Tx and Perry, Fl. Hope to fly some models by Monday - this is a lot like work! Dodged T-storms all around FL.

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
      I’ll post more pic’s tomorrow...exhausted...

Piper M500 from KSDL to 7FL6. 2 fuel stops - Llano, Tx and Perry, Fl. Hope to fly some models by Monday - this is a lot like work! Dodged T-storms all around FL.

OUT
      Next time you make a stop in Llano, Texas be sure to take a lunch break at Cooper's BBQ. Simply AWESOME stuff!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Next time you make a stop in Llano, Texas be sure to take a lunch break at Cooper's BBQ. Simply AWESOME stuff!!
        Our refueler said the same thing. I actually wanted to stop in San Marcos or Lockhart. Krause’s is a family favorite for 3 generations.
        Yeah, I think we committed a human rights violation by not having BBQ in Texas, but we were racing the developing weather in FL. Probably should have stopped as we delayed getting out of 40J and had to circle north and down east coast to get to destination.

Comment

• On return if you stop around there give me a heads up, might be able to meet up!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
            On return if you stop around there give me a heads up, might be able to meet up!
            Unable this time - waiting to board my delayed flight out of KMCO...and they better hurry it up!

Comment

• These volunteered to get flown this morning.LOL

Comment

Unable this time - waiting to board my delayed flight out of KMCO...and they better hurry it up!
                Copy that hope you have a good safe flight home brother

Comment

Ahh yes... Florida's summer storms! I actually kinda miss them. Used to pop open the garage door and sit there watching the tropical storms blow through. The rains looking like rushing rivers blowing across the neighbor's roofs and flowing down the road. Good times... but I digress.
                  Safe travels
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Roger that.... Have a nice ride!! Blessings!

Comment

• Flew these 3 today. 1 on the MiG, 2 on the A-10 and 6 on the YAK. Would have put another 2 on the A-10 but I was having nose gear issues with slop and tracking straight on take-off.

Comment

• That sucks I'm so looking forward to getting my new one airborne.

Comment

• Getting a little warmer than usual for this time of year in WV, so I got in a couple this morning before the temps got carried away. Brought an old friend to the field that hasn't seen much air time lately. Funny how good planes in the hanger seem to collect dust as newer planes consume more time and room in the truck. But, when you bring those good old planes back to the field, it's a blast remembering why they were your favorite once upon a time. My FMS P-51 was a favorite, and now, it is again!

Comment

• I totally get that, and agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Roger that.... Have a nice ride!! Blessings!
                              And Thanks to you all for the safe travel wishes, as well as the reminder to always make sure to allow time for BBQ in my home state - no more exceptions.:Cool:
                              Here are a few more of the sunset photos from the arrival at 7FL6. The owners wife and friends were there to cheer as we landed and I had him make full use of the reverse thrust on landing roll out to really wind up the RPMs and make some noise. They loved it.
                              Beautiful airport community beyond any I have visited and after taxiing past the restaurant and putting her in the hangar we drove the golf cart over for dinner.
                              WOW! Killer menu and the food was excellent.:Stars:

Sunset mutes the plane color - one of the best ever paint choices. Silver and navy blue. Interior is a cream color leather.
                              Room for 6, 250 kt cruise up to 30,000 feet with a cabin altitude of 9000’. We got 830 mile range with an hour reserve on full tanks - 1160 lbs of delicious smelling JetA.:Cool:

Comment

• Ha! Yes! That is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                  Flew these 3 today. 1 on the MiG, 2 on the A-10 and 6 on the YAK. Would have put another 2 on the A-10 but I was having nose gear issues with slop and tracking straight on take-off.
                                  Wicked flying field !

Comment

• How much for the plane? I may break out the piggy bank! :Cool::Silly:

Comment

• Then, no money for gas! Ha

Comment

• Those hard choices that hit every dang time! Speaking of tomorrow is looking good I have 4 planes lined up to fly in the morning. T28, P38, A10, and the Tigercat and my son has his sportsman s loaded as well. I'm not gonna fly the P38 fpv yet until the wind dies down so maybe this Tuesdays or Thursday as the forecast looks great for it then.. :Cool:

Comment

• I put the DJI Spark up for a couple of flights today. The earlier flight, the wind was kicking a bit, enough that the Go 4 app gave me a wind warning, so I kept the drone close by and not too high. This evening, the wind calmed down, and I wanted to get some video of the Manti LDS Temple. I walked over to the Temple grounds, but was informed by one of the local church Elders (nicely, mind you), that the LDS church has a rule against flying drones on any of the Temple grounds. He was almost apologetic about it, and I told him I fully understood. He commented they've had drones crashed into various buildings, sometimes causing damage, but he did mention that, so long as I was not on Temple property, they couldn't say anything to me. I walked back over to our motel, which is just a short distance from the grounds, and flew from there. In respect to their rules and concerns, I did not overfly the building, fly where a signal loss RTH condition could cause the drone to overfly the building, or even get close enough that any error could have caused any problems. Drones have enough of a bad rep from irresponsible pilots as it is, without further exacerbating the problem. Still, though, I managed to get some nice video footage of the building, which, IIRC, was the second Mormon Temple started, but the first completed. I don't have to be LDS to appreciate classic architecture.

Comment

Working...
                                          X