Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice. She did really well. Wish I could've been there but I did manage to get a new (used) mobility van after a 14 hour round trip to Richmond, VA. Ugh... I am glad that is over. Are you still planning to do another fly-in soon?

Comment

• Nice TI! Here's my sorties today...

In the morning, when the weather was still decent...

And in the afternoon when the clouds started rolling in...

My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Very nice. She did really well. Wish I could've been there but I did manage to get a new (used) mobility van after a 14 hour round trip to Richmond, VA. Ugh... I am glad that is over. Are you still planning to do another fly-in soon?
        Yes, sometime this month depending on weather...I'll post in the TiredIron Aviation group as soon as I know when.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Nice TI! Here's my sorties today...

In the morning, when the weather was still decent...

And in the afternoon when the clouds started rolling in...

What glider is that?
          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Another beautiful day of flying, highs in the mid sixties...Adrianna got in several flights on her cub today then I see her out in the hanger up on the table looking at planes, she told me she wanted to fly some big...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170305_225443828_iOS.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	65256

Name:	20170305_230435052_iOS.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	65257
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I'm telling ya' she is after one of your B-17's... ;)

Comment

• She got down John's Super Cub...but I doubt it will be long before she wants something fast.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                  What glider is that?
                  That is the Lanyu/Volantex ASW 28. Nice flyer. Low end price point...Plastic fuse and foam tail/wings. Not as finicky as my Fly Fly composite ASW 28 (which wants to fly more scale).

Nice to see new pilot Adrianna getting in on the addict...er, I mean hobby. ;)
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I flew my 4 favorites this weekend, plus maidened my new HSD Tornado 75. (Tornado pic is my old 1, as you can see the repair in the fuselage.. New 1 flies great.)
                    Last edited by CZ Flyer; Mar 6, 2017, 07:27 AM. Reason: additional info..

Comment

Another beautiful day of flying, highs in the mid sixties...Adrianna got in several flights on her cub today then I see her out in the hanger up on the table looking at planes, she told me she wanted to fly some big...

Name:	20170305_225443828_iOS.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	65256

Name:	20170305_230435052_iOS.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	65257
                      Now that's a sweet hangar right there.

Comment

• Maidened my 3rd replacement F-5 on Saturday. Three great flights, no issues. Can you tell I love this jet? ;)
                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          Maidened my 3rd replacement F-5 on Saturday. Three great flights, no issues. Can you tell I love this jet? ;)
                          What happened to the others?
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I just lost my f5 doing low altitude maneuvers. It does fly nice though. I will miss it. I wish they would do a super scale version
                            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

What happened to the others?
                              The first one was severely abused, bad landings, ran into the pilot box at speed, etc (all of which was my fault having only recently gotten back into jets with landing gear). The second one ended up like this a few weeks ago (again, my fault). I told myself I wouldn't buy another, but I love this plane so much I couldn't resist! :)

Pat

Comment

• Mine went the way your first one did. I even creamed a 6" diameter antenna at one end of our field but rebuilt it. Eventually rough landings took their toll and it was no longer really flyable. I struggled trying to fly it slow or land it slow enough to keep it on our runway and eventually found other jets easier to fly so I let it go.

Comment

• With this third one, I know how it lands now, so it's easy as cake for me. Before I was coming in too hot and it would roll forever, half the time off the runway. I have added more full flap throw on this one and it lands much better now.
                                  Pat

Comment

• The weather here today was beautiful but a bit windy and a cross wind at the field to boot. None-the-less I got to maiden my 8S Stinger 90. Boy what a sweetheart. Pretty much everything I have heard about it is true. It flew perfectly with no trim requirements and had some incredible vertical. Very fast and rock solid. Definitely a winner.

Comment

• Cool,you need to edit your signature ;)

I had to fly my Wildcat it was so windy...Day 230
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Excellent! Keep it up. What will you do when you hit 365?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          Excellent! Keep it up. What will you do when you hit 365?
                                          I've heard rumors of a guy or two that may have done a year so I'm going to shoot for 500 days, then who knows...at this point I can't really imagine a day without flying.
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X