Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been teaching myself how to set up a spektrum powersafe receiver using a carbon z T-28. I spent yesterday setting up the gains for the roll and nosewheel steering. It is a seriously cool receiver and I may replace the receiver in my freewing A10 with one.

Comment

• Been flying the B-25 on 5S this morning.

TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Nicely done :Cool:

Comment

• Saturday is Club day. I demonstrated autonomous Quad flights to the Club. I also flew my Radian glider and my FX-61 Phantom. It was a perfect weather day.

Clubhouse in the middle in distance. (pic from the Quad video)

Comment

• I have the fx79 I like their wings

Comment

• rifleman, my buddy has the FX-79 and I launch and land it for him every flight. It is a lovely plane. I fitted a Bigaole BG - 6AP with RTH and self level on it for him so if he gets disorientated he just flicks a switch and it comes home for him.
              My FX-61 fits in my car without having to dismantle it. I get really long flights (20 min) on a 3S 2200 battery. Love it.

Comment

• Oh heck yeah man, I run a 4s in mine, with a little tornado osd in it, also has rth and all that good stuff. I also activated the inner ailerons so it's super reactive. You can really get low and fast or just ride up high and chill. It's great at it all. I was debating on the 79 and 61, but ended up with the 79 for the payload range.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                  Been flying the B-25 on 5S this morning.

You just now getting around to flying that on 5S :Ligthbulb: LOL Flew mine last year at the Festival of Giants that way :Smug::Cool:Am thinking of the 1700 FMS F7F drive system for it now.:Thinking::)
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

You just now getting around to flying that on 5S :Ligthbulb: LOL Flew mine last year at the Festival of Giants that way :Smug::Cool:Am thinking of the 1700 FMS F7F drive system for it now.:Thinking::)
                    I have the whole FMS F7F power system laying here for it.
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

:Angry:....................LOL
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I was out for a warbird meet at my club today had some good flights and not so good flights. My Balsa USA Eindecker and my HH Corsair flew great. Now the bad flights My newly built Bearcat pancaked it self right after takeoff its not rebuildable due to too much damage, the B-26 was uncontrollable because the gyro was set for 3D got it back down reset and the gyro for normal setting and took off again it was almost just as bad. Going to repair it one more time and if it doesn't fly correctly I plan on scrapping the plane. Looking in to get the Flightline F7F Tigercat to replace the B26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                          I was out for a warbird meet at my club today had some good flights and not so good flights. My Balsa USA Eindecker and my HH Corsair flew great. Now the bad flights My newly built Bearcat pancaked it self right after takeoff its not rebuildable due to too much damage, the B-26 was uncontrollable because the gyro was set for 3D got it back down reset and the gyro for normal setting and took off again it was almost just as bad. Going to repair it one more time and if it doesn't fly correctly I plan on scrapping the plane. Looking in to get the Flightline F7F Tigercat to replace the B26.
                          You'll :Love: that Tiger MB. That Dynam B-26 was bad karma from the gitgo.
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Man that sucks MB, I have both and the tigercat will be a great replacement. Just sad to see all the work you put into the 26 for it to treat you so bad. Every since I rebuilt mine, it hasn't had any issues. I am however always worried something is gonna crap out one time or another. Hope you can get her tamed.:(

Comment

• I am giving the B26 one more chance and if it doesn't work its scrapped! Then I will put in an order for the F7F. I'm done with dynam products.

Comment

• I heart my little E-flite Ascent...Thermal time in the Pacific Northwest!

My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Hey George, I'm currently in the process of doing just that. I'm waiting on the plastic radial engines to come in as the FMS Tigercat motors are to large to fit in the B-25 without a lot hacking. I couldn't fit a straight up 6 cell battery in the nose so I'm using a 2 cell and a 4 cell for power. They fit well with a little room to spare. I'll let you know how it comes out when I'm finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by skippykix View Post

Hey George, I'm currently in the process of doing just that. I'm waiting on the plastic radial engines to come in as the FMS Tigercat motors are to large to fit in the B-25 without a lot hacking. I couldn't fit a straight up 6 cell battery in the nose so I'm using a 2 cell and a 4 cell for power. They fit well with a little room to spare. I'll let you know how it comes out when I'm finished.
                                    The motor mounts can be shortened so you can use the stock fake radials.
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

The motor mounts can be shortened so you can use the stock fake radials.
                                      Would be VERY interesting if either you or Skip would start a LX B-25 Motor Mod thread whereas the both of ya show (pics) of what impasses your overcoming in doing a 6S power system. ;):Cool:
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Would be VERY interesting if either you or Skip would start a LX B-25 Motor Mod thread whereas the both of ya show (pics) of what impasses your overcoming in doing a 6S power system. ;):Cool:
                                        Here’s what I did on the A-26 using the B-25 mounts, you just cut the tubes down.
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                          I was out for a warbird meet at my club today had some good flights and not so good flights. My Balsa USA Eindecker and my HH Corsair flew great. Now the bad flights My newly built Bearcat pancaked it self right after takeoff its not rebuildable due to too much damage, the B-26 was uncontrollable because the gyro was set for 3D got it back down reset and the gyro for normal setting and took off again it was almost just as bad. Going to repair it one more time and if it doesn't fly correctly I plan on scrapping the plane. Looking in to get the Flightline F7F Tigercat to replace the B26.
                                          Hey, I know you!!! I was the guy at the Fly-in with the Flightline P-38, FMS 1.6m P-51D, Flightline Spitfire, and a half dozen or so 1.4m and 1.1m warbirds. I went back today to the fly-in today. We were doing a foamy frenzy at 1100, and the sky suddenly darkened and winds picked up. We barely got our planes down before the heavens opened up. Torrential downpour. Sorry that your Marauder and Bearcat didn’t cooperate yesterday. Hope to fly with you again soon.

Chuck
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X