Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of our quad guys chased me around and got some neat video.

TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• That's one big drawback to our club's firm rule against any drones or quads - we can't get cool in-flight videos like those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
        That's one big drawback to our club's firm rule against any drones or quads - we can't get cool in-flight videos like those.
        That's awful...we don't care what you fly as long as you fly ;)
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

Hey, I know you!!! I was the guy at the Fly-in with the Flightline P-38, FMS 1.6m P-51D, Flightline Spitfire, and a half dozen or so 1.4m and 1.1m warbirds. I went back today to the fly-in today. We were doing a foamy frenzy at 1100, and the sky suddenly darkened and winds picked up. We barely got our planes down before the heavens opened up. Torrential downpour. Sorry that your Marauder and Bearcat didn’t cooperate yesterday. Hope to fly with you again soon.

Chuck
          I thought I had met you before at a fly in last year. After looking at my Bearcat I just need another fuse and some decals. I plan on sending the receiver to futaba to make sure it isn't damaged in the crash yesterday.

Nick

Comment

• I had a bad blackout today while flying my A10. It was on final when I felt light headed and really dizzy. The next thing I remember is the plane on the ground with busted nose, nose gear and right side main torn off. I felt completely out of it for a out 15 seconds. Second most scary thing that happened to me since I got the TBI in Iraq. I hate my life sometimes mainly when crap like that happens. Makes me feel better off not alive. The last time it happened it put me on the ground and I had to be helped back up, but that time I was able to land before it knocked me down, this time I didnt go down I dont think but I cant remember anything that happened between the final and impact. Starting to wonder if I need to stop flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
              First flight of the new year on the FMS 1400mm T-28.
              I flew my FMS Super EZ

Comment

• Mate, that is sad to hear. But hey, you still gotta live. It is a worry if you are driving a vehicle though. It would be devastating to lose your licence because of that.
                Sorry about the A10, buy that can be repaired/replaced. Just look after yourself. (It would have to be the A10 wouldn't it) :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post

I thought I had met you before at a fly in last year. After looking at my Bearcat I just need another fuse and some decals. I plan on sending the receiver to futaba to make sure it isn't damaged in the crash yesterday.

Nick
                  Nick, I was at the Warbird Fly-in last year. I came for Sunday only though (because I had a high-power model rocketry event on Saturday) and didn't fly anything but a couple 1.1m foamies, IIRC. I've never flown the FlightLine Bearcat, but I've heard that it flies well. I hope that you can get the kinks worked out.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Rgr that. So far it hasn't happened when sitting, but if I'm standing for too long, it gets me. And I was up most of that day and for a while before it happened. So I'm gonna start bringing a chair up to the flightline and practice more flying like that I guess.

Comment

• Rifleman, I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope you can figure things out. Maybe have a a buddy stand with you when you fly, in case you start feeling light-headed and can hand the TX off to him, then sit down?
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

• I'm thinking that as well. To have a backup guy stand by incase of an emergency. That and having a chair out there and sit and fly. Which is normally what I do when I fly alone at the house. So far I been good while I'm in a chair. When I got home I did fix the A10. And got a chance to take a nap as well.

Comment

• Well shook the dust off an old bird in the hangar. I forgot how this plane jumps off the runway and is a joy to fly.

​​​​​​​

Comment

• I did get some other flights in though. Heres one earlier with the new P38

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                              I had a bad blackout today while flying my A10. It was on final when I felt light headed and really dizzy. The next thing I remember is the plane on the ground with busted nose, nose gear and right side main torn off. I felt completely out of it for a out 15 seconds. Second most scary thing that happened to me since I got the TBI in Iraq. I hate my life sometimes mainly when crap like that happens. Makes me feel better off not alive. The last time it happened it put me on the ground and I had to be helped back up, but that time I was able to land before it knocked me down, this time I didnt go down I dont think but I cant remember anything that happened between the final and impact. Starting to wonder if I need to stop flying.
                              Hey, lifting you in prayer for healing. Never feel like the not living thing is an option. I lost one of my best buds that way, and it hurts everyone else so much. You have no idea how much you impact other's lives. So hang in there, feel the love from your Bro, and get the doc to check it out. Let me know how it all goes... :Cool:
                              Anything to help. I am here... Jerry

Comment

• Your kids love their Daddy!!!! :)

Comment

• FPV messes with your balance system and if you have other issues that can make you dizzy, you need to be doing it sitting in a chair. Your eyes see the way the airplane is moving but your inner ear doesn't agree. It can cause disorientation and nausea, among other issues.

People can get used to it and some adapt faster than others.

My FPV plan is to build one of the "Fly-Seats" with simulated Piper Cub stick, throttle, etc linked to the transmitter.
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Yeah I always do sit in my chair when I do fpv. You are very correct, I cant stand while flying fpv at all, or I topple over like a house of cards. Just wasnt thinking when I flew the A10 about 20 minutes later I would have a problem from standing while flying. Problem was I guess was I was up helping my son fly his plane before I setup the A 10. I didnt sit the entire time between flights from the fpv flight on to the A10. (Hardway) thanks brother means alot to me.

Comment

• Great evening at the lake to fly the Beaver!
                                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• :Drinks:

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                                          Great evening at the lake to fly the Beaver!
                                          How beautiful.... Just great!!! :Cool:I love flying the Beaver on floats.....

Comment

Working...
                                          X