X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Hey, lifting you in prayer for healing. Never feel like the not living thing is an option. I lost one of my best buds that way, and it hurts everyone else so much. You have no idea how much you impact other's lives. So hang in there, feel the love from your Bro, and get the doc to check it out. Let me know how it all goes... :Cool:
    Anything to help. I am here... Jerry
    X2, Matt.
    let’s start with a chair!

Comment

• Very nice Lon

Comment

• Here's what I did fly today, along with my sons plane he flew and theres my two boys who came along with me.

Comment

• Here's another video from one of my quad chase guys, he was trimming my trees.

TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
            Great evening at the lake to fly the Beaver!
            In the words of Lt. Frank Drebin from the "Naked Gun" movies...

Nice beaver!

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
              Here's another video from one of my quad chase guys, he was trimming my trees.
              He's got skills+ and a really good camera sys. Never once a glitch in the vid :Cool:
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Nice flying! Is some of that sped up footage or is that the actual speed? Either way, impressive!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• It's actual speed, I was watching with another pair of goggles, OV...the recording camera is a GoPro Session.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I know this is a forum set up by Motion RC, however, I just have to post this regarding flying my latest non-Motion acquisition. Yesterday, I took out my Extreme Flight Slick 580 EXP 60 inch wingspan and got it's maiden flight in. WOW, what a spectacular plane. The balsa construction, monokote surfacing and all the parts are of outstanding quality and everything fit together perfectly. I installed 4 HiTech digital metal gear servos, a 4016/500 V2 Torque motor, the Castle Talon 90 ESC and slapped a 16X7 Xoar prop on it. It runs on an Admiral 6S 4000mah battery and man can this thing perform 3D maneuvers like a champ (it's going to take me quite some time to get even close to using it's capabilities-for now I'm like a grandma with a Ferrari). For it's size, the plane is extremely light and floats in the air. They make several electric 60"-94" versions, which I would love to try, but once again, I'll need to rob that bank and then I still won't be able to fit a 94" in my truck!!

Assembly was very easy, which only took about 7 hours (with time for glue drying) and the pull-pull rudder set up was the only thing a little funky for me as I had never used that cable system (but now I'm ready for the next plane with it, and need to use that new skill on another plane, which is what I tell my wife-No doesn't even come close to working). The only thing that took any time was building out the cockpit, as I really got into customizing those with my 2 B-24's cockpits and turrets. This took me about a week, as I got some instruments from I FlyTally (these are sweet), and used some .060 styrene sheets for the cockpit floor and for the instrument panel. Drilling the holes in this for each size instrument worked out great. Anyway, this may become my new favorite plane (unless I destroy it trying out some maneuver that is beyond my abilities-like even taking off and landing). Knife edge, hover, flat spins and harriers are a breeze with this baby. I installed the AR 636 with gyro, but may not ever use the gyro.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      I had a bad blackout today while flying my A10. It was on final when I felt light headed and really dizzy. The next thing I remember is the plane on the ground with busted nose, nose gear and right side main torn off. I felt completely out of it for a out 15 seconds. Second most scary thing that happened to me since I got the TBI in Iraq. I hate my life sometimes mainly when crap like that happens. Makes me feel better off not alive. The last time it happened it put me on the ground and I had to be helped back up, but that time I was able to land before it knocked me down, this time I didnt go down I dont think but I cant remember anything that happened between the final and impact. Starting to wonder if I need to stop flying.
                      I'm sorry to hear that my friend! I just want to Thank You for your service.Don't stop flying!
                      Still Learning:D

Comment

• RM, don't know if this will help, but it might possibly be the onset of diabetes. I'm not an expert, but the wife and one of our better know members both experience similar things. If you haven't had your blood sugars checked out lately, you may want to.
                        Hope you don't stop flying at least until you've checked out every possibility, take care!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Copy that, I get blood tested every 3 months, so far all has been normal.

Comment

• Too much beer in the blood, or blood in the beer!!! LOL Love my Bro!!! Night

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post

I'm sorry to hear that my friend! I just want to Thank You for your service.Don't stop flying!
                              Thanks brother, I will keep trying to figure this out and find a way to make things better for my flying experiences.

Comment

• rifleman, I completely missed that post! How are you feeling? That is scary and I hope you are doing much better. Never think not being around is a good solution...We all underestimate our importance to others in our lives. YOU MATTER.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Copy that, and today yes I feel pretty well, I took the hawg out for a spin today with my boys, 2 packs, two flights and two greaser landings. My son had 2 awesome flights as well very impressed with his progress also with greaser landings. I got a couple days rest and I believe that really helped :). I'm betting I'll be around for a good while longer :Cool:. As I landed my last pack with the hawg, I had a sheriff deputy come up and say "man how many people get to say they had an A10 fly over on duty? How cool is that? That made my day brother!" That was really cool. Made my sons and myself day as well.:Cool:

Comment

• Tomorrow morning we're gonna go out there and meet with a few of my flying buddies. I'm gonna feel kinda weird. Only one twin vs my normal atleast 3 twins to fly, but that's ok, I feel like flying my seawind again:):Cool:
                                    p.s. I would like to add having a chair out there actually did help as well I feel. :Cool:

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your episode Rifleman. I would have to agree with Gman, my wife has diabetes and that is a direct result of low blood sugar. Go to the doc and get it checked out and don't stop flying, hang in there brother we are all rooting for you.:Cool:

Comment

• Staying on top of it with your Dr. is the key to everything. I put off some things in the past and now have a 17 vertebrae fusion with rods and screws. I had a tumor on my spine. If I had it checked earlier per Dr I may of been able to catch the scoliosis earlier. So please don't ever put things off. I'm glad you have your blood checked every 3 months. That's better then some of can say.
                                        Still Learning:D

Comment

• Thanks brother, I will keep pushing forward. I'm excited after my run into the new edfs to continue my journey deeper into the edf world. My goal is to have 4 planes, to include my A10. I also want the F16, F18, and F86. I'm really looking forward to them. I'm planning to stay in the 70-80mm range.

Comment

Working...
                                          X