X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never give up RM, you're a fighter.
    All of us appreciate what you've been through and we all stand with you.....

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Snapped a selfie before flying. 6 knot breeze frightened everyone off at 0730, so had the field to myself until about 9. Was right down the runway but got real squirrelly by 1100. Swinging 180 degrees for a few minutes and the back the other way. Made the last few flights interesting for me and those not paying attention that showed up later.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to the day I can come to some of the big events and meet hopefully most of you all, I had alot of fun at the field with F22 while I was there. One of the best experiences I had in a long time :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          I'm looking forward to the day I can come to some of the big events and meet hopefully most of you all, I had alot of fun at the field with F22 while I was there. One of the best experiences I had in a long time :Cool:
          That would be cool, how far are you from grapevine?
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Approximately 3.5 hours, and I do have a place to stay there, I honestly cant remember why I couldn't make the warbird meet last time, but I really want to be there for this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
              Snapped a selfie before flying. 6 knot breeze frightened everyone off at 0730, so had the field to myself until about 9. Was right down the runway but got real squirrelly by 1100. Swinging 180 degrees for a few minutes and the back the other way. Made the last few flights interesting for me and those not paying attention that showed up later.
              I can't understand people being afraid of that mild of a breeze. (but a lot of people are)

I used to fly slope "racers" at a site where we thought 40 KNOTS was a good day to fly.

Wind swinging back and forth like that is usually indication of thermal activity in the area and you can go hunting the place where the plane is level but goes up like it has rocket boosters.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                I'm looking forward to the day I can come to some of the big events and meet hopefully most of you all, I had alot of fun at the field with F22 while I was there. One of the best experiences I had in a long time :Cool:
                Likewise Brother Matt, even my GF thought it was so cool that you just showed up, found your way to the field and brought a plane to fly. So next time we gotta involve some home cookin’.

Comment

• I'm down for that! Absolutely looking forward to the next time brother. Ah btw I should be able to bring a larger plane since I'm shooting for a bigger car before I head that way again :)

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

I can't understand people being afraid of that mild of a breeze. (but a lot of people are)

I used to fly slope "racers" at a site where we thought 40 KNOTS was a good day to fly.

Wind swinging back and forth like that is usually indication of thermal activity in the area and you can go hunting the place where the plane is level but goes up like it has rocket boosters.
                    I was surprised also, but usually it is dead calm until about 9 ish. Any wind at all is from the east (E/W runway), but as it warms the direction shifts to the south and then from west by 11ish. Tha t south wind puts a lot of models in the barrier fence. The ‘late shift’ show up around 8 and fly till lunch, but the early crowd are calm wind flyers and beginners. We get few gliders despite the abundance of thermals and the mountain slope to the west is too far for any fun there, but word is we may be moving the field in that direction. There used to be a hang glider field there.

Comment

• That might be interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

I'm good till about 15mph or so wind with my planes ... Thunderstorm style gust flying my sport Quad copter :-)

Comment

• Sometimes it's fun to fly in wind where you can set your plane down like a quad. Doing the AV8 trick :)

Comment

• Train them up....

Click image for larger version

Name:	37335583_2208497232513582_2444144533852651520_o1.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	142942

Comment

• Love that pic!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                Love that pic!
                                Thanks Todd. That was taken at a recent family fun fly that our club in Asheville did. They had a blast and flew basically all day. I was mostly managing repairs but they didn't wear me out too bad. :)

Comment

• So we flew again today, all was well this time. And I have some videos from today's action. I'm still too high for my liking on my low passes. It was still fun none the less

Comment

• Heres my sons flight

Comment

• Outstanding!

Comment

• He's learning to fly in wind pretty well. And to keep speed up in the turns

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          Train them up....

Click image for larger version

Name:	37335583_2208497232513582_2444144533852651520_o1.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	142942
                                          Amen. In more ways than one.... Good job!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X