X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep it up Tired Iron!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• With the non-stop raindrops surrounding me for weeks on end, the only flying I am doing is in the Sim. :Rainning:
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        With the non-stop raindrops surrounding me for weeks on end, the only flying I am doing is in the Sim. :Rainning:
        Just tape over your servos and put the receiver where it stays dry and go for it ;)
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Ha, living in the Pacific Northwest sometimes you just have to go fly and get wet. We've thrown plastic grocery bags over our hands and radio while flying in the pouring down rain before. Sometimes you just need your fix come hell or very high accumulations of water!

LOL
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I slipped in some flying, in between storms. The winds weren't bad today, but they were very unpredictable. I flew my Freewing Mossie (love it!), an old 65" Multiplex Magister (estate sale find, a month or so ago. Trainer for my daughter. Upgraded it to 24 MHZ DSMX, Power-25 motor, 45A ESC, and 13x6.5 prop. It has plenty of climbing power with this setup, which is what I was after), FMS A6M Zero (the landing gear mod is working well to improve ground handling), EFlite Timber (did a good bit of slow STOL flying, with some fun vertical climbouts).
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

• A day at the field with the staffelhunds
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Ahhhhh Seaviper, your killing us guys up in the northeast with pics of green grass and no jackets.:Drooling:
                Here in upstate NY it is a wonderful 20F with a wind chill of 7F.:Sick2:
                My club scheduled a fun fly for today but I blew it off because flying in those temps is NOT fun.:Scared:
                Our friend TwowingsTJ who is from a neighboring club was going to attend and said no thanx :Goodbye: for the same reason.
                Am just really envious of you southern folks in the winter and wish I could deal with your heat in the summer. :Sweating:
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Well our heat is unbearable at times. And the grass is always a problem.

Comment

• We've had a crazy warm winter in N. Alabama. We've had quite a few short-sleeve, no wind days in January, no less. Summer will probably be blisteringly hot and we'll probably plagued with tons more insects. Good and bad...

55°, 8-10 mph winds, batteries almost charged. I'm headed to the field... :)
                    ---
                    Warbirder

Comment

• We had the dogs on a leash for the flight. But the little one figured out how to get free at the perfect time...

Comment

• Cool vid (pun intended) TiredIron! Could't help but notice the power line across your strip…makes things interesting at times I bet? The little running dog was a nice touch too! My Boykin Spaniel would attack my planes if I let her!

Comment

• I saw TiredIron's vid before I saw yours sea viper…little dogs are so great eh? At least yours plays nice with the planes…my Boykin Spaniel is a miniaturized duck hunting dog with amazing IQ, fetching instincts and boundless energy/stamina! She does NOT…play nice with the planes…she must think they are really odd ducks! LOL!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktrooper View Post
                            Cool vid (pun intended) TiredIron! Could't help but notice the power line across your strip…makes things interesting at times I bet? The little running dog was a nice touch too! My Boykin Spaniel would attack my planes if I let her!
                            What power line?;) We don't even notice it anymore because it's the takeoff and touchdown spot. My dog "Spanky" is half Mountain Fiest and half Jack Russell, he never bothers the planes and knows to stay out of the way...he is the smartest animal I've ever been around we knows more words than most people and will do about anything I tell him to.
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• It was a bit too windy today, but I went to the field anyway. I flew three planes (Freewing Mossie, FMS A6M, and EFlite Timber), made three crappy landings, and called it a day. I decided to quit before I broke something worse than a prop blade. Everyone once in while, I do the smart thing. :Whew:

---
                              Warbirder

Comment

• NOT A DAMN THING................to cold and was fixing a flat on the Kubota in order to have it ready to bucket 12-15" of snow that is gonna hit us this evening.
                                Spring ain't around the corner here in upstate NY.:Angry:
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Just put about the kazillionth flight on my 1200mm E-Flite Corsair, such a good flying plane...it was supposed to snow here but it's 62 and sunny with about 15 mph wind.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Don't think I'll get much flying in this week... But in perth, you gotta fly in the wind or hardly not at all... this weeks forecast is pretty typical. Gusts are up to double what's in the picture. I follow a colour code:

Red: don't be bloody stupid shirty, oh ok, maybe just one.... :Silly:
                                    Yellow: marginal. Go on shirty, she'll be right mate, land between the gusts... :saywha
                                    Green: club is full - reduced to circuit flying in a big circle. :Crying2:

:bluetongue

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0962.PNG
Views:	259
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	67249

Comment

• TI....If you lived where I do your flying streak would be done.
                                      You may have ski's but I doubt any de-icing boots or IFR on your birds
                                      What looks to be a foggy look in the pic is the snow coming down about an 1"/hr
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0578[1].JPG
Views:	261
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	67291

As I said yesterday, spring ain't around the corner here in upstate NY.
                                      Just waiting till the majority of the dump happens before I get on the Kubota bucket loader and start moving this crap :Scared:
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                        TI....If you lived where I do your flying streak would be done.
                                        You may have ski's but I doubt any de-icing boots or IFR on your birds
                                        What looks to be a foggy look in the pic is the snow coming down about an 1"/hr
                                        I would be flying the PBY in that all day, If it's too cold I would fly the UMX P-47 and just hand launch it out the front door and stay inside...there's always a way to fly everyday :wacky
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Or go fly a UMX around inside that huge hangar of yours. Might have to get something a touch slower than the BL P-47 though.
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X