Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you fly today?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 2 great flights on the B26 today it flew great after a weeks worth of repairs after work last week. Got some flights on the Carbon Z Cessna and the Pandora. Very good day of flying with almost no wind at all. I hope to post a video of the B-26 later on. :):Cool:

Comment

• Thats the best news of the day man! Glad she flew like she was meant to!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
        Got 2 great flights on the B26 today it flew great after a weeks worth of repairs after work last week. Got some flights on the Carbon Z Cessna and the Pandora. Very good day of flying with almost no wind at all. I hope to post a video of the B-26 later on. :):Cool:
        Saw the video that Ken posted of the B-26 flight, on the CCAF FB Page. I’m glad that you’ve gotten her sorted and had some good flights.
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          Very nice!
          Thanks it's a joy to fly
          But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post

Sweet flight... couldn't even tell the winds were up. Really like that antique pedal powered battery charger you got sittin' there too! :bluecool
            Thanks BD , if you turn up the volume after landing you can hear the wind . Using a RunCam2 and love the video quality but the mic doesn't do well ,Yea me and the Professor worked on the bike after Gilligan was done with it :Cool::Cool::Cool:
            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post

Glad you got a flight in. It's rained here pretty much everyday for over a week. It was good seeing you yesterday. Sounds like you and the kids had a good week.
              thanks Paul , we had a great time and we really miss them being here
              But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• Had the maiden flight on my Dynam Waco. I had modded it with a different lighting set but otherwise it was stock. I was using an Admiral 4S 3000 but it became obvious it had to be a lot further forward as it was extremely tail heavy on the first flight. The second was better but I still need to get the CG right. Lands well though and looked pretty in the air once I trimmed it better and got my heart rate under control :). Didn't have any trouble taking off and landing from our club's grass field.

Comment

• Originally posted by bob_stan View Post
                  Had the maiden flight on my Dynam Waco. I had modded it with a different lighting set but otherwise it was stock. I was using an Admiral 4S 3000 but it became obvious it had to be a lot further forward as it was extremely tail heavy on the first flight. The second was better but I still need to get the CG right. Lands well though and looked pretty in the air once I trimmed it better and got my heart rate under control :). Didn't have any trouble taking off and landing from our club's grass field.
                  The more you fly it, the more you will like it.
                  I love my Dynam WACOs. Even though it has a couple of minor (QC related) quirks, I think it is one of the most under rated RC foamys on the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post

Thanks BD , if you turn up the volume after landing you can hear the wind . Using a RunCam2 and love the video quality but the mic doesn't do well ,Yea me and the Professor worked on the bike after Gilligan was done with it :Cool::Cool::Cool:
                    LOL... gotta blow the water outta my keyboard now! Nobody could generate power like Gilligan could!! :)
                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

Saw the video that Ken posted of the B-26 flight, on the CCAF FB Page. I’m glad that you’ve gotten her sorted and had some good flights.
                      I went to the CCAF Facebook and I cant find the video.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                        Some quad chase video from last night...

You know what would be really fun? Digital F/X to make it look like the B-17 gunners are shooting at the drone. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                          Big jet flying day today. 16 flights total. Maidened the F16 and got 3 fights in. 3 on the ERJ, 3 on the A10, and 7 on the YAK130
                          Is the ERJ a scratch build? I got typed in the 120 and 145. Never seen a model of either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post

I went to the CCAF Facebook and I cant find the video.
                            It’s there, in the Member and Friends Group. Ken and Ernie both posted videos.
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Is the ERJ a scratch build? I got typed in the 120 and 145. Never seen a model of either.
                              Yup, scratchbuilt. I posted the plans on my RCGroups blog page, and the build log is linked there as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

Yup, scratchbuilt. I posted the plans on my RCGroups blog page, and the build log is linked there as well
                                https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-and-STL-Files
                                Very nicely done, and found the thread a great way to pass the time waiting for my delayed flight to Orlando.
                                Hope I can get that on a build list soon.

Comment

• Finally after a year's work, I maidened the 1/3 scale Fokker D-VIII yesterday. Wingspan is 110", weight about 35 lbs (including 9 lbs of lead in the nose). Electric powered by a 100cc equiv motor turning a 26x8 prop, 180A ESC and 4 ea. 5000mah 6S Admiral lipos for power and a 3600mah receiver pack.

Flight went quite well. It only took two clicks of rt aileron, but about 12 clicks of down trim. Did not feel tail heavy at all. Just wanted to climb. After landing, all looked good. The motor was only warm, the ESC was just above ambient and the packs read 3.95v per cell after 5 mins of mixed throttle. After about an hour I got her ready for flight number two. Advanced the throttle only to have the prop turn about 1/4 arc and stop and wouldn't turn by hand. Will have to open it up to investigate.

She flew well and is still in one piece. Here are a few pics. My wife tried to get a flight vid, but must have hit the wrong button.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                    Finally after a year's work, I maidened the 1/3 scale Fokker D-VIII yesterday.
                                    Congrats on a spectacular build and successful maiden flight. Hope the remedies for future flights are painless as well. Look forward to a video.

Comment

• Great looking bird!!! Congrats!!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                        Finally after a year's work, I maidened the 1/3 scale Fokker D-VIII yesterday. Wingspan is 110", weight about 35 lbs (including 9 lbs of lead in the nose). Electric powered by a 100cc equiv motor turning a 26x8 prop, 180A ESC and 4 ea. 5000mah 6S Admiral lipos for power and a 3600mah receiver pack.

Flight went quite well. It only took two clicks of rt aileron, but about 12 clicks of down trim. Did not feel tail heavy at all. Just wanted to climb. After landing, all looked good. The motor was only warm, the ESC was just above ambient and the packs read 3.95v per cell after 5 mins of mixed throttle. After about an hour I got her ready for flight number two. Advanced the throttle only to have the prop turn about 1/4 arc and stop and wouldn't turn by hand. Will have to open it up to investigate.

She flew well and is still in one piece. Here are a few pics. My wife tried to get a flight vid, but must have hit the wrong button.
                                        Looks fantastic sir! Very nice job on it. Your dedication and attention to detail certainly show.

Comment

• Took the A10 P38 and tigercat up to the field today. Very nice flights and actually present weather. I'm now charging a couple FX79 packs to test differences in using the external and internal antennas on my x10 radio this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                          X