Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew my Sukhoi again this weekend.

Comment

• Day 794: (yesterday) flew the new Freewing L-39, this is a must have 80mm:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	L39ttt.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	153422
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Lucky dog! Hope shipping notices come out this week.
        Pat

Comment

• Flew my hangar 9 p51( first time in 8 months or so:)

Comment

• And Flex innovations Cap 232 https://youtu.be/WyLtvm_8gVM

Comment

• Got one on the way TI! Good job jazzman.

You know, I think they listened to my complaint on getting to the servo horn. Can't wait to get the shipping notice
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Just flew my Sport cub with my friend. He had a fun time and I think I just got him into RC!

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                  Well heres the damage to the plane.
                  You really did a complete make-over, some restore their airplanes, other reconstruct them... je je

It sure is a horrible feeling.
                  I recommend, gather all the bits and pieces and put all of it in a bin, shelf, and let it cool off for a while, weeks, months...

You got stung and dont like it, you know crashing is part of the deal. I had a nice balsa Spitfire which had one of those receivers that dont have a receiver box. Connected the aileron servo and skipped a pin, talking with friends at the field, and sunset around the corner, forgot to do a preflight check, as soon as the plane took off, had no aileron, and been a Spitfire it was a handful, crashed it, back to balsa sticks in a fraction of a second. The other day flying another Spitfire, I trimmed elevator, then aileron, and no matter what the plane seemed acting up, I thought one of the control surfaces was loose. Until I realized the right stick knob was barely loose, giving the impression there was a lag in the inputs, when it was the knob rotating, immediately brought it back and threadlock the sticks, and of all the transmitters when I came back home. There is a corner of the basement with all the crashed airplanes, parts etc, its there to remind me its part of the game, at any point my most favorite plane can end up besides the pile of balsa and foam pieces...

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Grantham Kid View Post
                    Flew my Sukhoi again this weekend.

whats the setup on the Sukhoi, I got the green E-Flite model, very good plane to fly!

In a way I understand why its getting difficult to fly yours, with that blue monotone color w just that little bit of red, has to be difficult to see in the, which by the way, blue sky. On mine, first thing I did was painted the bottom navy blue and placed two big white stripes on each side, and still every now and then is tough to see...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Got in 4 flights on the Su-35 today. Buddy flew his F-4 and 3D bird. Good times.
                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post

whats the setup on the Sukhoi, I got the green E-Flite model, very good plane to fly!

In a way I understand why its getting difficult to fly yours, with that blue monotone color w just that little bit of red, has to be difficult to see in the, which by the way, blue sky. On mine, first thing I did was painted the bottom navy blue and placed two big white stripes on each side, and still every now and then is tough to see...
                        LOL It isn't that I have a problem with seeing it, however I do intend to finish decorating it with Sunray stripes etc. I would like to get a vinyl cutter one day. I had one at my disposal when I was working and I really miss it.
                        Really it is such a precise plane to fly and very responsive even though I have used reduced rates and expo. I turned 70 the other day so I am looking for a little more forgiving fliers. I can handle it but I guess after the restoration I really want to treat it nice so it will last a long time. :) Im sure yours would be easier to see but I have a problem with white planes mainly. eg Gliders.
                        I use a Turnigy 3548 propdrive, and 3S 3300 battery. It can climb pretty much unlimited but a 4S would give her a real kick. I try to stick with 3S in all my planes. (and Quads) (and gliders)

Starting HERE at post no #538 is where I began rebuilding my Sukhoi. It covers a few pages in amongst other stuff. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...bout-me/page36

Comment

• Day 800: Put several flights on the Mamba 10 and FlexJet, I got these from David at Flex Innovations...these were their demo planes so I had David and the other pilots sign them:Cool:

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	154188

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	154189

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	154192

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	154191

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	154190
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• So THAT'S where the nice weather went!!

Good for you George, awesome my friend!!:Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Awesome place, awesome planes...

Comment

• I did some flying today, flew the tigercat, P38, f18, and the B26. Heres the P38 flight (fpv)

Comment

• Had a great afternoon of flying today, with finally some great weather to enjoy! 2 flights on the Tigercat, P-40, and Huey, and the remaiden +2 more flights on the Bearcat. Was also the first flight on the Tigercat after modding to the Flightline style wing connectors, and had zero issues. Great to have both Cats flying again, and planning on bringing them to BEST (Best Electrics in South Texas) this weekend!

Comment

• Wow, nice fleet of planes and a very nice scale Huey..............:Cool:

Comment

• Made it a jet weekend, one fanciful and one a little more scale like.

Comment

• Got some pics sent of my birds at the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                          Wow, nice fleet of planes and a very nice scale Huey..............:Cool:
                                          Thanks Dcorsair! The Huey is definitely one of my favorites.

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          Got some pics sent of my birds at the field.
                                          Nice lineup Rifleman! Flight on the 38 looked awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                          X