X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Don't you have a DHC2 Beaver on floats to fly on snow? I've been doing that for years. A great plane for that and the floats work better than skis. I've seen YouTube videos where pilots use the real floats for landing on ice...Literally, very cool....
    I just have the Tundra and the BushMule with those big, balloon tires and those work really well on the snow/ice. There are a couple of other fellas where I fly who have float planes and they fly them quite well at the same site as I. I decided not to mount the floats on my Tundra for winter as I'm just too lazy to do the swap each season. I tried skis once, but those actually worked very poorly on the snow when it's a bit soft. The plane just sank and buried itself up to the struts.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
      Flew back to home to MN Thursday, and made the mistake of leaving my DX9 and case under the seat under the seat.. 2 days of calling American Airlines and no luck so far finding it. Was hoping to do some flying over Christmas, but it’s not looking good..:Sick2:
      Bummer .. Hope it shows up

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post

Bummer .. Hope it shows up
        Thanks, hoping so as well. Was the biggest facepalm moment I’ve had in a long time.. Still can’t believe I left it there. I can always get a new remote if it is gone for good, but reprogramming 30 models is really going to suck.

Comment

• True , I went from Tactic to a Spektrum this spring , took lots of time to swap just 12 planes over !

Comment

• My Flyzone 300 off the ice today

Comment

• Wow!!!!! Makes me cold looking at it!!! Very cool picture!! :Cool:

Comment

• Sunny and 46 here in eastern Iowa. Logged a few flights on my camo colored FW F86.
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                  Wow!!!!! Makes me cold looking at it!!! Very cool picture!! :Cool:
                  We take what we can around here !!

Comment

• I flew my HD wing, CZ T28, A10, and F/A18 Hornet. My HD wing was involved in a mid air, and came out undamaged. The other plane? Well check the pics. It was a foam 3d profile doing a slow knife edge vs a wing pushing 90+mph in fpv during a maiden. He apparently took off after i got settled in. As normal he was going against the pattern... i knew it would happen, but never thought i would be the one to have the misfortune. Anyway heres the pics... the dome attachment just came unglued on mine so just put that back on and immediately remaidened her, great plane flying on 4s!

Comment

• Flew my opterra and got the landings dialed in.

Comment

• Actually got a sunny day today so I hit the park with the Dynam Geebee, Waco, Hellcat and the Eflite Pitts. Jinxed myself by saying I hadnt had any issues with the Hellcat retracts. Well today they wouldnt budge... so flew everything else. Still a good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                          Actually got a sunny day today so I hit the park with the Dynam Geebee, Waco, Hellcat and the Eflite Pitts. Jinxed myself by saying I hadnt had any issues with the Hellcat retracts. Well today they wouldnt budge... so flew everything else. Still a good day.
                          Ya know I love flying my Dynam Hellcat. I did however change the retracts out to Eflight Corsair Retracts. My Dynam's actually worked just fine, with the exception of just feeling weak. I'm curious, how does the Dynam GeeBee fly?

Woody

Comment

• I flew these two today...

Click image for larger version  Name:	E3FBD65C-66C7-47B7-B4C0-15FC9CF7AB96.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	219.0 KB ID:	167332

Click image for larger version  Name:	C9FB3D3D-D0AC-4B7F-A9A5-AA6E0A6C7799.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	357.3 KB ID:	167336

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_32804.jpg Views:	1 Size:	263.4 KB ID:	167333

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_32806.jpg Views:	1 Size:	372.0 KB ID:	167334

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_32807.jpg Views:	1 Size:	377.5 KB ID:	167335
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Woody, the Geebee flies awesome, very stable and easy to land. Not a speed demon but have had no issues with it.
                              never had issues with the retracts till today, possibly cause they were cold. May swap them out for Eflites before spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                                Woody, the Geebee flies awesome, very stable and easy to land. Not a speed demon but have had no issues with it.
                                never had issues with the retracts till today, possibly cause they were cold. May swap them out for Eflites before spring.
                                Thanks Capt.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                  I flew these two today...
                                  That just ain't right............a week ago you had a foot of snow and now you can see that brown/green runway, better get the mower going :P
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Another awesome day, made the most of it. Pulled out the Parkzone Stinson and the Force Rc P51. Added more nose weight to the Waco and an Admiral reciever with gyro, now it flies great. Flew the Dynam Hellcat with the gear down, didnt want them to fail in flight. Trimmed out it now flies nice, ready for some graphics.

Comment

• Today's lineup. Freewing F-14 (modified with the A-10 9-blade fans/motors/ESCs), Freewing F-4, and Freewing F-22. I had a JF90 8S setup in the F-4, but this past week I swapped it into the F-22, and put the 6S from the F-22 into the F-4. F-22 has much better verticals now!
                                      Pat

Comment

• Sweet lineup Pat

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• From yesterday - hard lesson on not forgetting to check the rates switch before flying. Took off with the switch set at high rates, and the slightest movement of the sticks translated to LOTS of response from the plane. It seemed like everything I tried to do to get the plane back on level flight went too far, and it ended up nosing in. Not sure if that fuselage is going to be repairable.

Comment

Working...
                                          X