Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44 and sunny, took the Pitts out for 4 hops this afternoon. The Eflite Corsair and Force RC P51 got to play as well.

Comment

• Took Sloopy down to the park for his maiden voyage this morning... all good. Made it home to fly another day. :Cool:
      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Took JuneBug to the park today, along with my son on the Mini Apprentice. All went well, until my second flight. My right landing gear didn't want to drop. So I got to experience my first emergency belly landing! Did damn good, if I do say so myself. I had the bombs in place under the wing. They may have been my saving grace. Only some scuffing.. no major damage at all. I'm happy with it. Now to figure out the gear issue and get back out there!
        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Sounds like a stuck micro switch. Had to take one apart and managed to get it unstuck. I sprayed a little WD-40 in it, so it wouldn't happen again. Good job on your emergency landing.

Comment

• My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• What is that white stuff on the ground?:Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                What is that white stuff on the ground?:Confused:
                Stuff I am sick and tired of. :Straight-Face:
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I was born and raised in Corvallis, Oregon. I know all too well what falls in the PNW is mostly rain....

Comment

I was born and raised in Corvallis, Oregon. I know all too well what falls in the PNW is mostly rain....
                    Exactly! This white stuff?! :Confused:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Flew the L-39 yesterday. Put three flights on her. Just a nice flying bird! :Cool:

Comment

What is that white stuff on the ground?:Confused:
                        We even got some of that funky white stuff here in Tucson on Friday. This was my truck after work that day.

Comment

• Flew my UMX Pitts S-1

Comment

• Took the Lil' Dragon down to the park today to tweak 'er gimble settings. Went to take some shots of the snowy mountains surrounding us here in the Phoenix Valley, the other day, and the horizon was a bit off kilter. Got it all straight.. and level again, so I decided to play in Sport mode for a bit before heading back to the hanger. ;)
                            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
                              Sounds like a stuck micro switch. Had to take one apart and managed to get it unstuck. I sprayed a little WD-40 in it, so it wouldn't happen again. Good job on your emergency landing.
                              Not quite as bad. I had masked and taped off the landing gear when spraying the matte finishing coats. It would appear the three coats applied was just enough to cause the wheel to stick tight against the rear portion of the wheel well. Just a little finger pressure pushing it from that edge of the well and it worked just fine every time. So made sure no sticky residue from the tape was left on the retract(s) anywhere.. lubed them up a bit.. reformed the edge of the well every so slightly.. and it appears to be working properly again. At least in the hanger while standing right on top of it. Will take 'er back out, tomorrow hopefully, and see how she performs when needed. ;)
                              Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Oh good. It was an easy fix. Been to cold to fly out here. Have some time off so decided to add some winglets to the Mig. Then adding flaps next week.

Comment

• Flew my Eflite Clipped wing Cub today in some swirling crosswinds. Made for some interesting landings. My new Timber X came today, hopefully maiden tomorrow.

Comment

• Maidened the new Timber X today, and what can I say but WOW! This thing is a whole lot of fun, highly recommend it.

Comment

• I finally got to fly from snow skis!! :)

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
                                        I finally got to fly from snow skis!! :)

https://youtu.be/RroSn64TeZI
                                        Very cool, talking about the video, not the weather. Keep 'em coming, love the camera work. At least it looks like you got the field to yourself>:Cool:
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Very cool, talking about the video, not the weather. Keep 'em coming, love the camera work. At least it looks like you got the field to yourself>:Cool:
                                          Hey there Hugh! Thanks for the support, very nice of you. If we keep meeting in different threads like this, people may start to talk... LOL

Hardly enough snow, just enough to say I did it. It was fun building the skis. What you don't see is that in the climb out, the ski tension spring on the port gear popped out of its fitting. The ski tip was pointed at the ground 90% of the flight. As I was landing and expecting a crash, the gusty wind blew the ski down long enough to set her down. :Silly:Done with that for this year :P back to jets! ...and maybe buy a lottery ticket...
                                          There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

Working...
                                          X