X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 258:
    Bad day for flying...45 degrees, 30 mph wind and rain. I flew my Dynam HawkSky, I actually hovered more than I flew.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• You animal! I bet you would hear a tornado is coming and you would say "Bah, it's only a F3! Flyin' weather!" LOL
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• It really improves your piloting skills flying every day in all types of weather, when I first started flying I thought a 3-5 mph wind was horrible.
        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          You animal! I bet you would hear a tornado is coming and you would say "Bah, it's only a F3! Flyin' weather!" LOL
          He's an animal.....but a judicious animal......... cause I've noticed that his selection of what he flies is as such.;)
          No $300+ warbirds being sacrificed to the wind gods when things can go stupid quickly.:Scared:

Only 8 more days TI and then you officially enter the short timers 2 digit count down to hitting that year mark ! ! ! :)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

He's an animal.....but a judicious animal......... cause I've noticed that his selection of what he flies is as such.;)
            No $300+ warbirds being sacrificed to the wind gods when things can go stupid quickly.:Scared:

Only 8 more days TI and then you officially enter the short timers 2 digit count down to hitting that year mark ! ! ! :)
            You are so right, no P-38s or Tigercats in this weather :) Yes, just a few more days and we can start the 100 day countdown...however I've decided if I make it to 365 I'm going for 500, then....
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
              You animal! I bet you would hear a tornado is coming and you would say "Bah, it's only a F3! Flyin' weather!" LOL
              Lol :)

Comment

• Wind was zero mph all day today, so I just had to go flying! Got some time on a full scale Huey at work, and charged batteries after work and headed to the RC field. Got in 2 flights on the F-86, Spitfire, and Little Bird, and one on the Mosquito. Couldn't have asked for better flight conditions, and was flying all the way up until sunset.

Comment

• Not a heli guy, but that heli is sweet! Love scale in anything that flies. :)
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                    Wind was zero mph all day today, so I just had to go flying! Got some time on a full scale Huey at work, and charged batteries after work and headed to the RC field. Got in 2 flights on the F-86, Spitfire, and Little Bird, and one on the Mosquito. Couldn't have asked for better flight conditions, and was flying all the way up until sunset.
                    Cool, don't ya just love those days... no wind and a pile of charged lipos. ;)

I like the little bird, I'm a fan..
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1004.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	70659

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                      Wind was zero mph all day today, so I just had to go flying! Got some time on a full scale Huey at work, and charged batteries after work and headed to the RC field. Got in 2 flights on the F-86, Spitfire, and Little Bird, and one on the Mosquito. Couldn't have asked for better flight conditions, and was flying all the way up until sunset.
                      I love the the Little Bird or Loach, I have a 1/6 scale 21st Century static Little Bird hanging in my hangar...it's been there for almost ten years now.
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Thanks guys! It is one of my favorites for sure, but I only pull it out of the hangar on a perfect day. It really does not like wind. On a calm day, it is a blast to fly though. Took it out again this morning and got some in flight photos this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I love the the Little Bird or Loach, I have a 1/6 scale 21st Century static Little Bird hanging in my hangar...it's been there for almost ten years now.
                          TI, thats pretty cool! I have had the 1/18 version for a while and that was actually my inspiration for making my heli into a Little Bird.

Comment

• I want one!! :)
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I fly it now and then. Mostly lately I have been flying a glow (gasp) SIG Somethin' Extra with an OS 46. What have you been flying Oxotonic?
                              Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Day 260:
                                It was the first day in a week that the wind wasn't 20-30mph so I was feeling my oats and doing some full speed "under the power line" immelmanns...the third one was too tight :saywha The old girl was broke when I bought her and she's been broken many times since, I've already fixed her and the Foam-Tac is curing now:)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crash.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	70793
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• She shall fly again!!

Here's my rainy day adventure...

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Lol, thumbs up. (Ya mad bugger, not only is it raining, it looks way too bloody cold). Beautiful artic scheme on the 16. Nice flying too mate. ;)

Comment

• Thanks! Nah, it's actually quite mild today...Rain is one thing...Rain AND cold? I may be stupid but I'm not dumb. Wait, what? ;) LOL
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• CRASH!! (Almost) It was a F-86 & P-38 day of flying. This is my first video of my camo F-86. Almost had a bad landing, but at last second powered up and went around. 2nd attempt was very good. Phew...

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Lucky Lon. Nice one mate lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X