Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to fly my Pandora and my Tcat today it was a little breezy but it was a good day!
    The upgraded gear worked great!!Click image for larger version  Name:	tcat10.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	293.9 KB ID:	191488

Comment

• Got 3 more after work flights today! Broke out an old one today. PZ Spitfire!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

I know where that camp and the Japanese internment camp was - it is visible from the air and quite remote. There are several other “interesting” sites only visible from the air of other military significance.
        Hey F-22, sometime when you fly the airway between GBN and Yuma, count the old WWII auxiliary airfields south of the freeway that are out in the restricted areas. There's at least a dozen between the two cities. It must have been busy airspace during the war. Pretty cool, and few people realize they're there.

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Hey F-22, sometime when you fly the airway between GBN and Yuma, count the old WWII auxiliary airfields south of the freeway that are out in the restricted areas. There's at least a dozen between the two cities. It must have been busy airspace during the war. Pretty cool, and few people realize they're there.
          I know most all of them well, as I have done Flight Training in the area since 2005. I found a few more courtesy of a D.O.W. Aeronautical VFR chart from 1944 I got from an estate in VA. It truly was and still is quite an intense military presence that operates in plain sight, but as they say “hiding in plain sight”. I f you know what to look for - let’s just say it can make the hair on your neck stand up when you recognize an oddity right in front of you.
          Attached Files

Comment

• The Edge, PT17 and Mako, along with the race quad

Comment

• Grumman Works day today, the Bearcat and the Tigercat. Also took P-2 for flight demonstration. Happy to report that the two Newbie pilots are flying their Pandoras and doing well with them!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• I got the maiden plus 4 flights on my FMS 1400mm Zero today. I used an Admiral 3000 4s the balance was perfect. This is such a good flying plane it doesn’t fly like a Warbird and plenty of power to do more than scale maneuvers. I also put 4 more flights on my Dynam Waco it is such a fun plane to just throw around the sky.

Comment

• Down to the waters for some flights this morning. DHC-2 Beaver
                  Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                    Down to the waters for some flights this morning. DHC-2 Beaver
                    Wow, what a beautiful morning with flat calm waters, very peaceful. Love your video, keep em coming. Used to have a fly in fishing cabin north of International Falls and the bush pilots usually took us in with a Beaver on floats. After many years ( had it 35 years) flying in to our cabin, the pilots used to let me fly the Beaver, obviously not taking off or landing, but that plane on floats has a special place in my heart. No decent places to fly one here and I don't want to have to land it in salt water, so haven't bought one yet (although watching your video has me very tempted).
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Lt. Frank Drebin said it best....
                      LOL

Comment

• Besides a couple of flights of my Mini-Convergence in local unoccupied parks, today was the first day of real flying at the club. It was very windy and gusty but all of my planes came back unscathed. Big snow coming on Saturday.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3355.JPG
Views:	526
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	191776

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Wow, what a beautiful morning with flat calm waters, very peaceful. Love your video, keep em coming. Used to have a fly in fishing cabin north of International Falls and the bush pilots usually took us in with a Beaver on floats. After many years ( had it 35 years) flying in to our cabin, the pilots used to let me fly the Beaver, obviously not taking off or landing, but that plane on floats has a special place in my heart. No decent places to fly one here and I don't want to have to land it in salt water, so haven't bought one yet (although watching your video has me very tempted).
                          Thanks Hugh!! When I do post about flights most the time...it's a edf or something more "exciting" But the truth is, because of the easy access for me to such a nice place to fly the Beaver(chuckle, I said Beaver) I log more flights on this plane than any other, though the A-10 is a close second.

My very first plane ride (5years old) was in a Beaver from Leech Lake, north of Brainerd MN. I can still recall some of the memories of that first flight.
                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Really windy day called for the Tundra for my after work flights!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Dang baseball season is in full swing (see what I did there?) at the school (how dare they, do they not know the school is my airport?), even at dusk but that didn't keep me from flying my F-22 on the other side of the school. No photos taken but I did find the closest thing to what she looked like to me with the centerburners in full bloom.

:Cool:

Click image for larger version  Name:	jO6LpOj.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	192000
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Wasn't going to fly today but it was such a nice cool morning, no wind, I decided to take up the A-4, haven't flown it in awhile, then after 3 flights decided the Yak needed some flights, then the Thunderbird, F-15, F-22, then flew the Eurofighter last, so much for one flight on the A-4. Still don't like the look of the F-22 so it's going up for sale, the new F-18 will replace it one day.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Launchpad McQuack took the Scout up today, in somewhat sporadic, "geez, can't this breeze make up its mind?" wind. I also put the Sensei up this morning.

Comment

• We’ve had 8” of snow today and some outlying areas got over 12” and it’s still coming down. Winds were so intense, the snow was coming down horizontally. I’ll be flying my Lazy Boy in front of the TV for several days yet. :Angry:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      Dang baseball season is in full swing (see what I did there?) at the school (how dare they, do they not know the school is my airport?), even at dusk but that didn't keep me from flying my F-22 on the other side of the school. No photos taken but I did find the closest thing to what she looked like to me with the centerburners in full bloom.

:Cool:

Click image for larger version Name:	jO6LpOj.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	192000
                                      Sweet!!!!!:Cool:

Comment

• Well..... I'm ready for the Maiden on my H9 P51D 20cc Mustang. Weather is great (for Seattle), sun is shinning, no wind so life is good as long as the day doesn't require a trash bag!:Scared:
                                        Pic-4 shows I got a little carried away with some detail in the cockpit but hey - that's part of the hobby too right? LOL

Name:	Maiden 1.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	192128

Name:	Maiden 2.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	192129

Name:	Maiden 3.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	192130

Name:	Maiden CP.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	192131

Comment

• Looks good Grover! Take advantage of this weather today and have a great maiden and happy landing! :Cool:
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X