Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you fly today?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain, rain rain:Angry::Angry::Angry:
    Team Gross!

Comment

• It's been very windy for the last 3 weeks and haven't been able to get the Corsair or F4's out again,:Angry: but bit the bullet and decided to take out the 60" Extreme Flight fleet and to maiden my latest, the 60" Extra 300 V2. Absolutely love these airframes, they make even a crummy pilot like me look like I sort of know what I'm doing.;) They all fly level at any orientation and with the side force generators, they knife edge at 1/2 throttle with only 10-15mm rudder deflection. Flat spins, harriers and hovers are easy and I'm working on some of the other crazy tricks, but still 10,000 flights away from Jase Dusia (no, I'll never get close to him). The quality and ease of assembly is the best I've seen for ARF's. The only extra work I do is to build out the cockpit instrument panel and install a pilot, which on some is a little time consuming to fit in since I don't remove the canopy first. I'd say these are easier to fly and land than my wife's Apprentice and would make a better trainer, but at over $800 with the electronics (the frames only cost $300), it's a bit pricey. I guess the 48" planes at say $450 all in might be a closer match, but I love the larger planes. I really want to get a 74" or 94" but can't get it into my truck and I'm not ready to go all out and get a trailer (unless I can snatch one from the lawn maintenance crews).:Devil:

Whenever I get frustrated with my continued poor landing skills with the warbirds and jets, I take one of these babies out to boost my confidence. :Cool:Then back to the warbirds and it comes crashing back to earth (figuratively and literally). :Loser:The other pilots at the field who know me, come out to the edge to watch the Extreme Flight birds, but as soon as I roll out a warbird or jet, they all run for cover. These are the only planes in my hangar that I don't keep an extensive inventory of spare parts on hand (only extra Robart's-which have yet to be needed), so if I add up the cost of the FL Corsair with sound system, warbirds navy pilot, robart wheels and sufficient landing gear spare parts to keep me going, the cost is over $800. But then I'm at least getting a lot of experience and fun out of making repairs.LOL
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Beautiful collection Hugh. Are those stock schemes from Extreme Flight?

Comment

• Tested some new videography gear this Memorial Day. Got some incredible video and pics as well. It is some of the first of its kind. I was amazed! Vids probably available tomorrow sometime.

Teaser pic...

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Took the Maule Up today for some FPV action as i chased a Eflite P-39 and Cherokee around, modification details in my blog below
            e flite maule m7 FPV Also, visit my website for addition RC video content @ https://www.edfwarbirds.com/ Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/EDFWarbirds My facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/LordEmperorTeng My Twitter @ https://twitter.com/tengaran

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
              Tested some new videography gear this Memorial Day. Got some incredible video and pics as well. It is some of the first of its kind. I was amazed! Vids probably available tomorrow sometime.

Teaser pic...
              Very nice pic, now that shot will make you want to order one for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post
                Beautiful collection Hugh. Are those stock schemes from Extreme Flight?
                Yes, all stock schemes. The underside of each is different from the top side for orientation as shown in the pictures below which really looks sharp as you're rotating around. The only thing extra I did was to build out an instrument panel (with Iflytailies gauges) and install a floor and back to the canopy for a pilot.:Cool: Build is super easy and everything fits perfectly-very high quality of construction. My favorite ARF.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• And another remaiden complete today as My Little Gal II went back in the air. A couple of minor things to correct, one retract seems to get hung up on the landing light and has trouble fully retracting and she pulls wickedly to the left on takeoff, a lot more than Old Crow does so a small shim may correct that. Needed some trim, no surprise there then she flew fine. I refrained from anything other than the pattern and had plenty of altitude when I dropped gear and flaps. Flap to Elevator mix was spot on, brought her around and she landed neatly and carried on straight down the runway. So I'm sure I have an excessive amount of torque when taking off, easily fixed. Sure was great to see a plane that I had written off back in the air and flying fine!!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9662 (2).JPG
Views:	380
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	197833

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Visited a southern West Virginia club, Pirates of the Sky, over the weekend and did a little float flying with them. Great bunch of fliers with a beautiful place to fly seaplanes.

I flew my FMS 1400 Cub, Flyzone Beaver and Avios Albatross. Makes me wish I had a site as nice as theirs to fly from all the time.

Comment

• Another Beautiful Day at RSA

Name:	IMG_4407.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	197866

Name:	IMG_4408.JPG
Views:	332
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	197867

Name:	IMG_4409.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	197868
                      Grumman XF6F-6 Hellcat Also, visit my website for addition RC video content @ https://www.edfwarbirds.com/ Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/EDFWarbirds/?skipFac=1 My facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/LordEmperorTeng My Twitter @ https://twitter

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• FMS Panther , several flights with the landing gear installed. Its a little slower, not much really It is surprising how much difference in battery placement is needed t get the same CG. I need to turn the elevator servo around so I can clip the pushrods and not have them hit the battery now. I flew it a bit nose-heavy today because of this.

Appx 5 year old Dynam P-51, fresh from repaint and reglue of a bunch of joints. Many toothpicks added to lock the joints together.
                            This is the old version that didn't have flaps working as shipped. I have working flaps, upgraded motor to the one from the Dynam Me109, using the Dynam Corsair 4 bade prop (seems to be the prp used in the current version P-51)
                            2 flights then I broke the prop taxiing ff the runway. :p and my spare was left at home.

Appx 10 yr old Electrifly Sopwith Camel which decided to nose down immediately after lift off, grinding the prop to shreds... Again, spare props were at home.

FMS FireFly, which got 2 fights.

Doing pretty good at getting older models and new ones prepped so next week I should have a longer list.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Our club, the Markham Park Pilots Association, Sunrise Florida, held their annual Warbirds Festival on Saturday. We had over 30 pilots & 50 planes, with around 150 spectators. Unfortunately, it was 94 degrees with a feel like index of 107. :Sweating: Planes seemed to be melting, including me, like the wicked witch of the west, and I think I may have passed out a couple of times, but maybe that was the Jack Daniels :Devil:. Just once I'd like to fly in some crisp air, maybe put skis on my Corsair and land in powder at Steamboat (wouldn't need to keep so many retracts on hand :Loser:). Flew my F-4 Blue Angel, the F-4 camo, 1600 mm Corsair and Spitfire and my green "Bombshell Baby" B-24 (left the nicer silver "Blonde Bombshell" B-24 home along with others cause no room in the truck). Somehow, the B-24 won "Best World War II" plane, go figure, thought the only chance I had was with the Corsair with the moving pilot or the Blue Angel in another category. Guess they liked Callie's graphics and the buildout of the cockpit and moving top and front gunners along with the sound system :Thinking:.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Also did a stupid little photo video of the Festival. Don't waste your time with it unless your "3 sheets to the wind" :Dizzy: (for you youngin's, that's wasted).:wacky

If you want to go to YouTube and get the full screen it's at the following (why would anyone want that though-not even me): https://youtu.be/7eyrUD4nhes You can tell I don't know sh.. about computers or YouTube, can't even make that Hyperlink work. Come to think about it, don't know much about flying (especially landing war planes) either!! :Loser:And how in the world do some of you post pictures that are huge! The last thing anyone needs though are any of my pictures bigger than your thumb.:Silly:

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Wow that F-16 is gorgeous!

Flew my F-22 and avoided all light poles in the process. #victory
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Comment

• Well, yesterday evening I decided to do some flying, and things did not go well. I brought out the Bearcat for the first time after importing the profile from my DX9 to my ix12. Did a thorough preflight, checking control directions and gyro response, and took off. Almost immediately, it was doing oscillations +/- 45 deg in roll. I tried to stabilize the aircraft, but did not succeed before it winged over and went nose first into the ground. Damage is bad, but fixable. Major pieces are in tact. However, this is the third crash I’ve had on the Bearcat. One aileron servo failed high, causing a drill bit roll into a tree, and the 2nd was a failure on the elevator cell is (likely my fault, as I probably missed it on preflight). Either way, I’m not rebuilding it again. If anyone needs Bearcat parts, let me know. Also, on the way back from the crash site I slipped on a wet spot in the petromat and fell, breaking the flight mode switch off my radio. Time to get out the soldering iron. On the bright side, I have open hangar space now.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                        Well, yesterday evening I decided to do some flying, and things did not go well. I brought out the Bearcat for the first time after importing the profile from my DX9 to my ix12. Did a thorough preflight, checking control directions and gyro response, and took off. Almost immediately, it was doing oscillations +/- 45 deg in roll. I tried to stabilize the aircraft, but did not succeed before it winged over and went nose first into the ground. Damage is bad, but fixable. Major pieces are in tact. However, this is the third crash I’ve had on the Bearcat. One aileron servo failed high, causing a drill bit roll into a tree, and the 2nd was a failure on the elevator cell is (likely my fault, as I probably missed it on preflight). Either way, I’m not rebuilding it again. If anyone needs Bearcat parts, let me know. Also, on the way back from the crash site I slipped on a wet spot in the petromat and fell, breaking the flight mode switch off my radio. Time to get out the soldering iron. On the bright side, I have open hangar space now.
                                        ...and no damage to the pilot either. Ouch on both mishaps:Whew: but hope no new aches and pains.
                                        A month ago I would have gladly rebuilt your Bearcat for fun and returned it rtf.
                                        Got my plate full with a glider conversion and the M-600 (which just got more interesting yesterday) I’m trying to thin my heard but I would prefer selling a few to the other;).
                                        Got an eye on any particular creature to take it’s place?
                                        Regards.
                                        MH

Comment

• Today I flew a big white plus sign, does that count? It flew to a "T"

... see what I did there

:Silly:

Name:	DSC03168-20190603 - Copy.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	198122

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I never get to play y'all's game. LOL
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X