X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
    There was no wind as I was driving home from work today, so I threw a few small planes in the Tahoe and headed to the field for some fast and furious flying.

The "Hoglet", Hahahahaha, I LOVE IT!!!!!

Comment

• Hoglet thanks you! Someday, he plans to grow into the Freewing Hog, as soon as his pilot gains some EDF experience. (FW F-86 is in the mail, to begin the training)
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Day 264:

I flew my old HobbyKing C47 today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7991.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	71295
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Timby on da water... my first water float experience. Three successful flights. I need to finesse my landings a bit more. Had a blast. Let's do it again!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5208.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	71302
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Nice! Timber's a fun floater!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Yep. the Timber-on-floats was a lot of fun. I did notice the added drag, which really helped to bleed of airspeed for landing. I didn't have enough deflection in my water rudders though. I need to figure out how to get more turning authority. The problem may have been that the monofilament line was too stretchy. I'll rig up some kevlar pull-pull lines and see how that does.
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• Been flying the snot outta these two bad boys today. Finally got to fly. Ahhhhhh... Click image for larger version

Name:	20170412_185433.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	71308

Comment

• My F-86 is being ferried in. It will hopefully be operational by this weekend!
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                    My F-86 is being ferried in. It will hopefully be operational by this weekend!
                    I hope the maiden goes well.

Comment

• Adrianna flying her Cub...

Name:	IMG_7993.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	71313
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I got to experience the one negative of the Stinger 90 this evening. The sun had just disappeared behind the horizon and I wanted to fly down my last pack. So last flight of the day. No issues all day long until I had to land that sucker and the nose gear LED's absolutely overpowered the view of the wing against a distant cloud. I could not tell what it was doing so operating on muscle memory and being very aware of where the elevator stick was I let it come and as it got closer I could tell I was too high so I went around again while preparing myself for what it was going to do once pointed at me again. I lined it up and the wing disappeared again as expected but I had to get it on the ground so once again I let it come trying to fly solely from stick position on the Tx. I kept feathering the throttle trying to get the light to sink. Once I could make out the wing it was too late as I realized I was again high. I came on the power but it touched down hard enough to pull a main gear loose. No major damage to the plane but my shorts... well that is another story. :Silly:Lesson learned, don't fly it after sunset. I may try some wing tip lights/strobes to see if that helps. I know some disable the nose gear light which is an option as well.

Comment

• Yeah those dusk sorties can be tricky in a hurry! Flew my P-38 today...Great flight...

Name:	dusk1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	71369
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• SIG Somethin' Extra and Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick
                            Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Today was a good day, light winds and few clouds. I flew my ParkZone T28 Trojan, Zagi 48" flying wing, Sig Kadet Senior and my Ares P-51 Mustang. All flew great and all came home safe, like I said, today was a good day.
                              Sure it'll fly.....just needs more power!

Comment

• Day 265:

Flew the BF-109...100 days to go.

Name:	IMG_7997.JPG
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	71465
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Five flights with the Timber in near calm flying today, great for a change. :)
                                  AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    Day 265:

Flew the BF-109...100 days to go.

Name:	IMG_7997.JPG
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	71465
                                    By the looks of that sock you had a rather brisk cross wind which would ground a lot of flyers but noooooooo.........not TiredIron, he puts up a 109 into it. :)
                                    Oh, and tomorrow you can officially be relegated to the ranks of a two digit short timer in your quest for that 1 year mark. :Cool:
                                    Am :Thinking: there has to be some level of Guinness Record here. (ya know what I mean? ;))
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Lol...you're my biggest (and probably only) fan Charlie, you really encourage me to stick it out, as for the wind I guess I'm just used to it now and don't think about it too much. I was flying the E-Flite Corsair the other day and after I landed the wind turned it over while it was just sitting on the runway.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I don't know how you can do it every day. There's days, Hell, weeks that go by here where there would be no way I could fly anything due to high winds (sometimes 60mph +) and torrential rains. Kudos to ya my man!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                          I don't know how you can do it every day. There's days, Hell, weeks that go by here where there would be no way I could fly anything due to high winds (sometimes 60mph +) and torrential rains. Kudos to ya my man!
                                          I've only had a few days like that and when it's very windy I usually fly the Wildcat or the Rare Bear which cut thru the wind pretty good.
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X