Name:	DSC03168-20190603 - Copy.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	198122

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I never get to play y'all's game. LOL
    Let the guessing game begin! :Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
      Well, yesterday evening I decided to do some flying, and things did not go well. I brought out the Bearcat for the first time after importing the profile from my DX9 to my ix12. Did a thorough preflight, checking control directions and gyro response, and took off. Almost immediately, it was doing oscillations +/- 45 deg in roll. I tried to stabilize the aircraft, but did not succeed before it winged over and went nose first into the ground. Damage is bad, but fixable. Major pieces are in tact. However, this is the third crash I’ve had on the Bearcat. One aileron servo failed high, causing a drill bit roll into a tree, and the 2nd was a failure on the elevator cell is (likely my fault, as I probably missed it on preflight). Either way, I’m not rebuilding it again. If anyone needs Bearcat parts, let me know. Also, on the way back from the crash site I slipped on a wet spot in the petromat and fell, breaking the flight mode switch off my radio. Time to get out the soldering iron. On the bright side, I have open hangar space now.
      DD, I always hate to hear of nice planes being kinetically transitioned into piece parts. My 1.6m HK FW-190 looks about like your Bearcat, after the battery slipped aft, causing it to go unstable and interacting with great vigor with the Ents of Fanghorn. I have set my 190 back for a few weeks, then I’ll decide if I want to rebuild it or scavenge the electronics and toss the foam. Maybe, if you give your Bearcat a few weeks, your decision to scrap it may change. The Bearcat is a beautiful model.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Today I flew a big white plus sign, does that count? It flew to a "T"

... see what I did there

:Silly:

Click image for larger version

Dang it Alpha!!!

Comment

... see what I did there

Another redacted photo from the Dongguan City Skunk Works. Again, I don't know how you keep these things secret until the release date. What is it??!!

Comment

• EA-6B Geek, it is a small miracle, isn't it?

Views:	509
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	198160

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Here's to your continued success Alpha! So far so good. Looking forward to what's next, whatever it may be.

Comment

• Oh boy, something is hiding behind that sign for sure, here we go again, more money to be spent....:Silly::Silly::Silly: and I thought the new camo L-39 and BA F-18 would keep me satisfied, now I want to know what is in the works

Comment

• Getting some more flights on the F-35 :Cool:

Name:	20190604_191726144_iOS 1.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	198234
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                    Getting some more flights on the F-35 :Cool:

Name:	20190604_191726144_iOS 1.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	198234
                    Really need a video of that 80mm F35!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

My 1.6m HK FW-190 looks about like your Bearcat, after the battery slipped aft, causing it to go unstable and interacting with great vigor with the Ents of Fanghorn.
                      Hurum, hrm. Let's not be hasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Really need a video of that 80mm F35!!!
                        Not the 80mm, but it sure sounds good!

my house is right under the FAF for RWY 21 at Luke. They drop in from the east at 10,000 feet and begin the final segment at ~1500 ft AGL and lowering the landing gear and adding a little power, right over my driveway.
                        The sound of Freedom.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Not the 80mm, but it sure sounds good!

my house is right under the FAF for RWY 21 at Luke. They drop in from the east at 10,000 feet and begin the final segment at ~1500 ft AGL and lowering the landing gear and adding a little power, right over my driveway.
                          The sound of Freedom.
                          We're just south of the glidepath for Davis-Monthan. We'll get the Air Force jets going over our house when they're doing a go-around with right-hand traffic, and a decent side view otherwise, while they're still low enough to get a good look at.

These shots were taken from my driveway, using the Canon T3 Rebel with a 75-300mm zoom lens.

Comment

• I love seeing that F-86! Nice shots and color coming out of the Canon T3 and telephoto lens, too.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

...and no damage to the pilot either. Ouch on both mishaps:Whew: but hope no new aches and pains.
                              A month ago I would have gladly rebuilt your Bearcat for fun and returned it rtf.
                              Got my plate full with a glider conversion and the M-600 (which just got more interesting yesterday) I’m trying to thin my heard but I would prefer selling a few to the other;).
                              Got an eye on any particular creature to take it’s place?
                              Regards.
                              MH
                              Luckily no aches or pains! Just a slight bruise to my dignity and some shorts soaked in muddy water :Silly:. I still have the parts around, so in theory a new fuselage would restore it to operation. But, I am picking up the Hangar 9 15CC Hellcat Arf from a friend this weekend, so that will be its replacement :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post

DD, I always hate to hear of nice planes being kinetically transitioned into piece parts. My 1.6m HK FW-190 looks about like your Bearcat, after the battery slipped aft, causing it to go unstable and interacting with great vigor with the Ents of Fanghorn. I have set my 190 back for a few weeks, then I’ll decide if I want to rebuild it or scavenge the electronics and toss the foam. Maybe, if you give your Bearcat a few weeks, your decision to scrap it may change. The Bearcat is a beautiful model.
                                Sorry to hear about your 190. I will do just that, but I’m really leaning towards scrapping for hangar space if nothing else. What I can’t understand with the Bearcat is the duality I’ve seen. When I’ve had it flying regularly, it’s been one of my nicest flying planes; stable, fun, and with a great scale appearance. And with the huge prop, it’s performance was very scale to the real bird. It hauls in climbs, and zoomed at WEP. I just don’t get what changed. Either my ix12 really messed up the profile import, or something was out of wack with the gyro. I have never seen such a crazy response from the model though.

Comment

I love seeing that F-86! Nice shots and color coming out of the Canon T3 and telephoto lens, too.
                                  We actually had two F-86's that weekend. Heritage Flight Certification weekends are always fascinating.

Comment

• Put a couple flights on the Cherokee before the wind kicked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                                      Put a couple flights on the Cherokee before the wind kicked up.
                                      I really like your Cherokee, Captain.

Comment

... see what I did there

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03168-20190603 - Copy.jpg Views:	82 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	198122

Hiding behind that sign is a Mig 15, I can see the "T" tail...........LOL

Comment

• It's a cross. Another Luftwaffe warbird! Whooo Hooooo!
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X