Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My two video recorded flights today. I didn't bother with the camera on the Calypso, and so far, when I tried putting the camera on the Stinger, it shifted the CG too much aft. I'd have needed to add weight to the nose to correct it, and didn't want to potentially load the plane up too much.

The resurrected Sensei, now called Fawkes, needs the rates on the ailerons turned down. It took very little stick movement to throw her into a bank, which is much different than her flying characteristics with the original wing. I also need to reinforce the wing root mounting a bit, and those two factors motivated me to keep the flight short.

The Flite Test Simple Scout, however, is a nice flying foamboard plane. I can do a five minute flight on the 3S 1300 mAh battery.

Comment

• S'more O-2 with a side of EFlite Cub 450.

They're actually pretty close to the same scale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dUOWb8w.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	205950

Comment

• Gas, lots of gas

Comment

• Was also the test flight for the newly restored 51' M18 Mooney Mite.

Comment

• Flew my E-flite Ascent at gorgeous Netarts Bay, OR over the weekend. Filmed using my RunCam 2. Perfect little model to soar over the beach.

My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I had to switch over to the big 4K HD TV to watch that one, Aros. That's too nice of scenery for the computer monitor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                I had to switch over to the big 4K HD TV to watch that one, Aros. That's too nice of scenery for the computer monitor.
                Awesome! Now THAT'S how to watch it! Thanks!
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Amazing with these little cameras as well, how nice the image remains even when viewed on a 50" screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                    Flew my E-flite Ascent at gorgeous Netarts Bay, OR over the weekend. Filmed using my RunCam 2. Perfect little model to soar over the beach.

I’m sure I spent at least one weekend out there, back around early 90’s - those RunCam 2’s are really excellent.
                    I think this is probably my favorite thread on here...

Comment

• Rotten gusty crosswinds!!
                      Got a flight out of BBD and then called it quits.. Was going to take the Spitfire up as well but crosswind landings with narrow gear equals scraped up wingtips for me.
                      Oh Well!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• A BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK

Started the day with four new airplanes to maiden, a Tower Corsair, Tower P-51 Red Racer, SkyAngel BAE Hawk, and Powerzone Concept 50 delta wing. Almost lost the Corsair, because it was EXTREMELY tail heavy with a 1800 3s pushed all the way forward. As soon as it got off the runway, it went vertical, and I couldn't get control, and it went into the trees, but was able to recover it. Had some minor problems with the Mustang, and some of it was pilot error from not having flown tail draggers in a while . The Hawk couldn't get off the ground. it was veering to the right and has no rudder or nose wheel control. Got the Concept up,
                        but it tip stalled into the deep brush off the drop off/cliff.

Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	secondflightofsecond.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	206693
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                            A BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK

Started the day with four new airplanes to maiden, a Tower Corsair, Tower P-51 Red Racer, SkyAngel BAE Hawk, and Powerzone Concept 50 delta wing. Almost lost the Corsair, because it was EXTREMELY tail heavy with a 1800 3s pushed all the way forward. As soon as it got off the runway, it went vertical, and I couldn't get control, and it went into the trees, but was able to recover it. Had some minor problems with the Mustang, and some of it was pilot error from not having flown tail draggers in a while . The Hawk couldn't get off the ground. it was veering to the right and has no rudder or nose wheel control. Got the Concept up,
                            but it tip stalled into the deep brush off the drop off/cliff.
                            This can only happen once you should be glad your "lose every plane day" has gone and passed with minimal collateral damage. Mine happened about 5 years ago, 10 planes of 86 deployed all edf's 100% totaled within the first 3 hours of a certain weekend morning.

Comment

• Got 16 flights in this morning, 4 each with the Corsair, 1700mm FMS P-51, my redesigned Stinger 90 and the F4 Phantom. I've been working hard on landing and taking off technique the last couple months (cause I finally realized after 6 years that those skills were sorely lacking) and was able to take-off and land each bird perfectly. Used to like flying, now all of a sudden I absolutely love it and a lot of the planes in my hanger that I didn't exactly enjoy flying (because of crappy landings) I now really enjoy flying them. I used to blame the plane, but realized it wasn't the plane, it was my poor skills. I got spoiled flying my Beast 60 and my 5 Extreme Flight 60" planes that pretty much land themselves, so my poor technique didn't cause any problem with those. The warbirds and jets really exposed my problems. I going to post in the Corsair thread the techniques I learned for landing and taking off on grass in case there is any of you out there like me.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	maidensuccess5.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	206788
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• another page done for the day took the little chief up for a spin

https://youtu.be/xN0G6s2NxN8

Comment

• Day 1095: (three years)...

TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! The Lord has blessed you with the will and the skill and the means, so all glory goes to HIM!!! But with that being said!! CONGRATS BRO!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job George!!! Your bro from Texas!!!

Comment

• Maiden flight plus 5 more flights this morning..............
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                          WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! The Lord has blessed you with the will and the skill and the means, so all glory goes to HIM!!! But with that being said!! CONGRATS BRO!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job George!!! Your bro from Texas!!!
                                          Absolutely right
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X