Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice shots! What a great way to spend the day!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Thanks Bro!!!! The T-45 is a lot of fun, but it is a lot of pilot workload with the slats and flaps and speed brakes too!!! LOL Have to stay sober to fly that one!!! All of those are on a different channel!!! LOL
      Jeeze, it sounds as complex as the real thing. I guess that's why I like to Keep It Simple. Alierons, elevator, and a steereable nore or tail wheel is enough for me, though retracts can be nice too.

Comment

Another favorite!!!!
        So what's your take on the MIG-21 Jerry? Kinda been wanting one

Comment

• I love it!!!! It is stock for the ESC and motor and fan.... Custom paint and no little blue box; all old school Y's with heat shrink on them!!! LOL Admiral 5000, 50C... Stock CG, maybe a few mm to the rear, (been a few years since I balanced it!!!) Also have an A-3L gyro and CC 20 amp BEC for power. Running a 12 channel Spektrum receiver... DSMX, but no telemetry. DX-9 TX for all the birds. I have the rates for full deflection, but being akin to a delta, I have a boatload of expo and I fly all my stuff that way. It works for me. If you are not an expo fan, turn the ailerons down about half!!! LOL Otherwise, it is like the A-4!!!! I would buy another one today... Hell I might just do that so I can do another paint job!!! Hope that helps empty you wallet!!!

Comment

• Also!!! Go with Callie for the graphics. I went factory and they went on nicely, but after a little heat and time in the shop, they peeled off and took the paint, so I touched it up and asked Callie to make the new ones about .5mm larger than stock to cover the flaws and it worked out fine. Still stuck like Chuck with no clear coat!!! The expo is 45% aileron, 60% elevator, and 20% rudder. Gyro is set about 1030-1100 on the pots. Lastly... HOW ARE YOU DOING BRO???? Hope all is great!!!

Comment

• The A3-L gyro is mounted on the side of the battery compartment as far back as I could go and still reach it for adjustments, but not even close to the CG.... OK, time for a beer after all this extensive keyboard activity!!

Comment

Also!!! Go with Callie for the graphics. I went factory and they went on nicely, but after a little heat and time in the shop, they peeled off and took the paint, so I touched it up and asked Callie to make the new ones about .5mm larger than stock to cover the flaws and it worked out fine. Still stuck like Chuck with no clear coat!!! The expo is 45% aileron, 60% elevator, and 20% rudder. Gyro is set about 1030-1100 on the pots. Lastly... HOW ARE YOU DOING BRO???? Hope all is great!!!
                All is great! Thanks for your input on the MIG-21! I think it may be my next Freewing purchase. Maybe do it in a North Korean scheme. I've read a few others comment that it flies similar to the A-4. That would work for me

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

So what's your take on the MIG-21 Jerry? Kinda been wanting one
                  I know you were asking Jerry but just wanted to give some info on mine, great jet for the money that's for sure, it flies very good stock out of the box. I just bought one to give it a try and ended up keeping it, it flies that well, no gyro in mine, nice high alpha passes are cool to watch, flies very stable fast or slow, I like the stance of the Mig 21, so I say get you one, cut the throws down though or you will have a flying drill bit.............!

Comment

Had to add a few of the F-104 flying and landing!!!
                    Do you use a gyro in the F-104? I was contemplating getting the HK one when they had it, but it seemed too unstable.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I know you were asking Jerry but just wanted to give some info on mine, great jet for the money that's for sure, it flies very good stock out of the box. I just bought one to give it a try and ended up keeping it, it flies that well, no gyro in mine, nice high alpha passes are cool to watch, flies very stable fast or slow, I like the stance of the Mig 21, so I say get you one, cut the throws down though or you will have a flying drill bit.............!
                      Thanks DC Now I pretty much have to get one. I use an A3L in all of these jets, and go heavy on the expo as Hardway suggested. Seems to work for me. My first A-4 was initially set up with the factory throws, and I was able to experience the "drill bit" roll rate firsthand! Whew!

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Thanks DC Now I pretty much have to get one. I use an A3L in all of these jets, and go heavy on the expo as Hardway suggested. Seems to work for me. My first A-4 was initially set up with the factory throws, and I was able to experience the "drill bit" roll rate firsthand! Whew!
                        Yep, I have the A-4 as well, you won't have any trouble with the Mig then if you flew the A-4, kind of similar in flight to me, the A-4 might fly a little better, but it's close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Do you use a gyro in the F-104? I was contemplating getting the HK one when they had it, but it seemed too unstable.
                          I do use an A3-L and it makes a ton of difference!!! In a great way. I did make a magnetic hatch and put the gyro right on the CG! It was a good call, and it flies really nicely with the gyro helping!

Comment

• Have not been able to fly at all, despite several nice days off. Dog got nipped by a coyote and lost two toes, so several vet trips there, GF’s mom in failing health and trying to help where I can there. 2 cars had to go in the shop, iPad got shattered screen and I had to complete my Instructor Renewal Course...
                            I did get to tinker a bit during breaks. She weighs 2 lbs 3 oz, but I don’t know about CG yet. Hopefully today. Planning to fly tomorrow AM and will maybe get the maiden with the Carmen Electra. Click image for larger version  Name:	FCCADB51-EC14-4CF0-A84D-6208A9AC1E43.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	124.4 KB ID:	207815

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                              Have not been able to fly at all, despite several nice days off. Dog got nipped by a coyote and lost two toes, so several vet trips there, GF’s mom in failing health and trying to help where I can there. 2 cars had to go in the shop, iPad got shattered screen and I had to complete my Instructor Renewal Course...
                              I did get to tinker a bit during breaks. She weighs 2 lbs 3 oz, but I don’t know about CG yet. Hopefully today. Planning to fly tomorrow AM and will maybe get the maiden with the Carmen Electra. Click image for larger version Name:	FCCADB51-EC14-4CF0-A84D-6208A9AC1E43.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	124.4 KB ID:	207815
                              That one should be easy to keep in sight while flying!

Comment

• Love the colors.... I had a Midwest HOTS II in black and hot pink and it rocked!!! Good luck on the maiden Bro!

Comment

• Always a great flier!!! Just fun.... A3-L gyro and a CC 20 amp pro BEC.

Comment

• The 109 flies really well. The take offs and landing benefit from an A3-L gyro. This is a Dynam rework with new paint and Callie Graphics...

Comment

• Freewing 70mm YAK. Stock power system, upgraded gear from RC Castle, 10 amp BEC from CC and A3-L. Running 6s 3300 Admirals, at about 3 minutes... Great bird!!!

Comment

• Helped my wife maiden and dial in her new Carbon Z Cub SS with her special custom graphics from Callie. It's good to have a girl that loves the hobby too. Click image for larger version

Name:	Ang Cub5.jpg
Views:	755
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	207843Click image for larger version

Name:	Ang Cub4.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	207844Click image for larger version

Name:	Ang Cub2.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	207845Click image for larger version

Name:	Ang Cub1.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	207846

Comment

• HA!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!! "You can ride for free, but it costs you EVERYTHING to get off" I will be your advertising agent!!! MY wife would be all about that bird!!! I have mine in primer..... Hmmmmmm!!!! Blessings Bro!

Comment

Working...
                                          X