First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Hotel California, only with lift and drag and stuff like that!!!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      HA!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!! "You can ride for free, but it costs you EVERYTHING to get off" I will be your advertising agent!!! MY wife would be all about that bird!!! I have mine in primer..... Hmmmmmm!!!! Blessings Bro!
      Love the slogan. Might use that one for a little extra detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
        Have not been able to fly at all, despite several nice days off. Dog got nipped by a coyote and lost two toes, so several vet trips there, GF’s mom in failing health and trying to help where I can there. 2 cars had to go in the shop, iPad got shattered screen and I had to complete my Instructor Renewal Course...
        I did get to tinker a bit during breaks. She weighs 2 lbs 3 oz, but I don’t know about CG yet. Hopefully today. Planning to fly tomorrow AM and will maybe get the maiden with the Carmen Electra. Click image for larger version Name:	FCCADB51-EC14-4CF0-A84D-6208A9AC1E43.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	124.4 KB ID:	207815
        Hang some bananas from it and you can call it the Carmen Miranda.

Comment

• Posted the link for the maiden flight in the ‘Free to Good Home’ thread.
          Had the RunCam ready and mounted up for the second flight - might want to turn down the sound. I need a course on editing and adding sound...

Comment

• What program are you using for video editing? I've been using Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 for a while now, and love it. It's an easy one-click setting to mute the ambient sound in the video, and another easy function to add a music track.

Comment

• No flying today, but I did put together a shelf system for my truck camper shell, so I can carry more planes to the flying field. Provided I drag my carcass out of bed early enough in the morning, the shelf will get its "maiden." This should allow me to carry at least three more planes in the back of my truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                What program are you using for video editing? I've been using Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 for a while now, and love it. It's an easy one-click setting to mute the ambient sound in the video, and another easy function to add a music track.
                Tried using iMovie, but nothing else really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                  No flying today, but I did put together a shelf system for my truck camper shell, so I can carry more planes to the flying field. Provided I drag my carcass out of bed early enough in the morning, the shelf will get its "maiden." This should allow me to carry at least three more planes in the back of my truck.
                  Sleep........... or fly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Sleep........... or fly?
                    Well, that's why I didn't make it there today. I've never been a morning person, though my job has been trying to force me to become one for many years.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Tried using iMovie, but nothing else really.
                      Powerdirector isn't cheap, but as many videos as I do now, between the planes, scuba diving, and the drone, I decided it was worth the cost. One thing I learned many years ago, when our budget was tight so I had to often repair the old cars we could afford, was that cheap tools cost more in the long run than good tools, particularly when the frustration factor is considered. I kept getting so frustrated with the limitations and poor performance of the free video editing application that came with my computer, that I started looking for one that had good reviews while still being reasonably affordable. I'm still learning some of the features of Powerdirector, but even with what I do know already, I like the results, and I like the ease of the interface.

Comment

• Put 10 batteries through these babies by 7am

Comment

• One flight each with Fawkes (wearing her new plumage, courtesy of my terrific better-half), the Stinger, and Air Hooterville's first flight in almost a year. I was going to fly the Simple Scout and the Calypso, but the winds were picking up and shifting direction quite a bit.

Comment

• Battling the wind out here in Windy Wyoming!! Got some early flights in before it got too bad. A couple with the Spitfire and one with My Little Gal II. Some taxing issues kept me on the ground with the P-51. Finally got her up but the wind at fifty feet seemed to get a whole lot worse!! This is the only P-51 that is running a 4250 kv580 and she needed full throttle to push forward into the wind. She few well but she really needs a 650kv. On the shopping list....

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Took my V2 70mm F-16 out for a spin. I call her the Sky Slayer, LOL! What a blast this bird is. Wish the 90mm version was the same weight/wing load.

My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I got to fly 4 of my planes today although it was pretty hot and humid but I had a good time except for my C-188 "Dusty" tried to take a dirt nap now got some repairing to do. Flew my B-26, CZ Cessna, & the Tigercat all of them flew well except for Dusty.

Comment

• 10 flights on my FW 70mm YAK-130, and 1 flight on the 3D printed A330:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                    Put 10 batteries through these babies by 7am
                                    What took you so long? I must have still been snoring at that time. BTW, nice looking squadron, what did you do the rest of the day, another 70 flights?
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                      10 flights on my FW 70mm YAK-130, and 1 flight on the 3D printed A330:
                                      3D printed A330???? Do you have a build log or photos in Squawk?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marco Polo View Post

3D printed A330???? Do you have a build log or photos in Squawk?
                                        The video description has links to the STL files and the primary RCGroups thread. I did create one on hobbysquawk, but the RCG one had more participation and discussion

squawk thread:

Comment

• The club hosted it's annual warbirds event yesterday. A really nice turnout for a full day of flying. My B-24 took People's Choice honors, and then I won the pilots raffle with my one free ticket... Brought four aircraft, flew them all, came home with 5 aircraft and a Dremel tool. What a freakin' awesome day!

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

Working...
                                          X