X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

What took you so long? I must have still been snoring at that time. BTW, nice looking squadron, what did you do the rest of the day, another 70 flights?
    Thank you, I'm an early riser, usually by 4am I am ready to go, have to wait on the sun to come up though, sometimes just as the sun is coming up I like to get a flight in so I can enjoy the flashing lights and see the landing lights come on, my runway is right across the street from my house, so it's charge and fly, to hot this time of year, but when it gets cooler I fly all day long.

Comment

• Any idea why that Mustang just rolled off to the side on final?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
        Any idea why that Mustang just rolled off to the side on final?
        That was a classic tip stall - too slow, left wing stalled first. You can see ailerons try to fix it but not enough airflow.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

That was a classic tip stall - too slow, left wing stalled first. You can see ailerons try to fix it but not enough airflow.
          Yup.
          There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Flying scale FPV formation with another PC-21. Having a blast and sharing what’s on my mind....

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
            Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
              Helped my wife maiden and dial in her new Carbon Z Cub SS with her special custom graphics from Callie. It's good to have a girl that loves the hobby too. Click image for larger version

Name:	Ang Cub5.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	207843Click image for larger version

Name:	Ang Cub4.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	207844Click image for larger version

Name:	Ang Cub2.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	207845Click image for larger version

Name:	Ang Cub1.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	207846
              2-Wing - I just got my new EFlite "ORANGE" Carbon Z and would like your comments on something. In the manual under installing the motor it says to position the wires in the "pocket” under the motor area (See attachments). The pocket is where the ESC is housed and there doesn’t seem to be enough room to cram everything in there and I’m concerned if the ESC gets hot (as they can) it could melt or affect the motor wiring.

Did you have any issue here or do something differently?

Grover54
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

2-Wing - I just got my new EFlite "ORANGE" Carbon Z and would like your comments on something. In the manual under installing the motor it says to position the wires in the "pocket” under the motor area (See attachments). The pocket is where the ESC is housed and there doesn’t seem to be enough room to cram everything in there and I’m concerned if the ESC gets hot (as they can) it could melt or affect the motor wiring.

Did you have any issue here or do something differently?

Grover54
                I took zip ties and had the wires going up at 12 o clock, down to 6. Trying to keep as much of the slack around the motor. I want the air to go over the ESC. Snip off the zip tie but left 1/2- 1" leg and glued that leg in to the foam.
                Planes
                -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• We did basically the same thing thisguy65 did, and tried to keep the little extra we had off to the side of the ESC vs. over the fins.

Comment

• 8 flights this morning. All quite relaxing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3431.JPG
Views:	559
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	208619

Comment

• Flew the 90mm F-16, Little Bird, and a maiden flight on the FMS Typhoon this evening. Have a bit more tuning and adjustments to make on the Typhoon, but overall 3 great flights!

Comment

• Flew my FMS P-51 today. I thought I was going to have to write off a Mobius cam when one of the gear failed to drop. Luckily I spotted it and went around. When I cycled the gear a second time all worked as designed. With the camera attached to the belly of the plane, I doubt it would have survived a gear up landing.

Comment

• One flight on each of these, though the Calypso flight was cut short, after I noticed an odd buzzing coming from the motor at full throttle. I think the motor is getting worn, as it seems the shaft pulls forward and starts vibrating at full thrust. Around 95 degrees at the field when I arrived, and just over 100 when I left, with intermittent gentle breeze. Other than being warm, couldn't have asked for better flying conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                            One flight on each of these, though the Calypso flight was cut short, after I noticed an odd buzzing coming from the motor at full throttle. I think the motor is getting worn, as it seems the shaft pulls forward and starts vibrating at full thrust. Around 95 degrees at the field when I arrived, and just over 100 when I left, with intermittent gentle breeze. Other than being warm, couldn't have asked for better flying conditions.
                            I had to reset the shaft screws on a Power 10 that was doing the same thing.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	maidenbeforetakeoff.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	208818
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

I had to reset the shaft screws on a Power 10 that was doing the same thing.
                                I'll check those before ordering a new motor. Always prefer the easy, inexpensive fixes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Name:	maidenbeforetakeoff.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	208818
                                  It would have been eally interesting if you had a friend with a Thunderbirds F-16 right beside you.

Comment

• Would welcome it!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• We had a Warbird Day at our club today. Finally got the maiden flight of my B-24 out of the way. Boy, she sure flies nice. Also, remaidened my Dynam Waco. And, did the maiden flight on my Dynam Hellcat. One landing and the gear are dead on that thing. Dynam really needs to put some money in to that. I'll be replacing them with some FMS units. And, put another flight on my FMS FW-190.

I came home with the same number of pieces that I left with. So, overall a good day.

Name:	IMG_4086.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	208845

Name:	IMG_4089.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	208846

Name:	IMG_4090.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	208847

Name:	IMG_3916.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	208848
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Dynam retracts have never been any good. Been the same for years. I have never bought another Dynam after the first one. I hate to be made a sucker of.

Comment

• At the Dubuque Iowa club field today. 6 flights with the Avanti and 6 with the Furious 200.

Name:	DSC02091.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	208958

Name:	Dbq field.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	208959
                                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Working...
                                          X