Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put 2 flights on the FMS Typhoon, 2 on the Durafly Spitfire, and 1 on both the Little Bird and F-16 this evening. One of the club members grabbed a few photos of the Typhoon in flight.

Comment

• I truly envy all you folks, with those big open areas around your fields. But then again, when it's the only game in town, you make due.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
        I truly envy all you folks, with those big open areas around your fields. But then again, when it's the only game in town, you make due.
        I sometimes envy the folks who actually have grass to cushion the landings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

I sometimes envy the folks who actually have grass to cushion the landings.
          I personally would prefer your nice open desert over this:

Attached Files

Comment

• This one is a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
              This one is a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!
              What a looker! If she flies like she looks, that’s a win!

Comment

• Jerry did you use AkumaZeto pilot painting services on this one? lol.

Comment

• No, I did that one myself! I used Airsoft BB's for the eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

What a looker! If she flies like she looks, that’s a win!
                    It flies great. Just like an Extra should!!! You can even hover it if you are into that kind of stuff!!

Comment

• I scratched the canopy and tip of the vertical stab/rudder doing an inverted pass thru the neighborhood!!!

Comment

• Nice bird Hardway! LOVE the pilot!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thank you guys!!! I need to take a picture after the "too low" inverted pass. It still flies just fine, but looks a bit rougher than the posted pics....
                          I have a new one in the box for the JIC moment (s)

Comment

• These are from a while back, but thought I would share them anyway! BTW, on the Ranger heli, I did NOT put the national insignia on up-side down! It came that way.... Bought that one used!! Have a great night everyone! Many blessings to all...

Comment

• Warbirds Are Us! Got in 20 flights today between some horrendous downpours (been raining every day for the last 2 weeks so I had to bite the bullet and get some flying in; coulda used a float plane). Flew 4 times each on my F4, Corsair, Spitfire, 1700mm P-51 (how did an FMS plane get in with the Freewing fleet?), and my Olive B-24. Man, I gotta say, the more I fly that Corsair and get used to taking off without stalling and landing 2 points, I just love that plane, now one of my top 5 favorite planes to fly. Wanted to get another few flights in but by 2:00, the major storms hit again.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• flew the Avios Mig-17 from from hobbyking

one bad ass plane

Comment

• Got another 16 flights in today before the torrential downpour started , 4 each with my Corsair, F-4, Stinger and Extra 300 V2. Man, I just love flying on grass now (landing and taking off, not smoking - although everyone's so uptight lately, maybe we all need to mello out a little ). I may never go back to asphalt again, since changing fields 2 months ago, I'm no longer having to repair planes and replace retracts (although some of that has to do with my working on correcting my crappy landing technique). Now I have a little more time on my hands, gee what am I going to do, oh yeah, now I can spend more time building new planes and competing with my wife on who can drain our bank account faster (receiving the F-15 Viper with the upgraded in-runner tomorrow and Callie's graphics should arrive soon).

I've been flying the Admiral 6000 in the Stinger lately and get an extra 1 1/2 minutes - up to 4 1/2 minutes flight time and can not see any loss of performance with the heavier battery, so that's worked out well. I need to put a 6000 in the F-4 and try it out, but have been reluctant to upset the apple cart cause I've had it flying so well on the 5000, just need to grow some cojones and give it a shot . Tried the 6000 on the Corsair but liked the performance better with the 5000 and still get 8 minutes so I don't need it.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                    Now I have a little more time on my hands, gee what am I going to do, oh yeah, now I can spend more time building new planes and competing with my wife on who can drain our bank account faster.
                                    I read this one to my better half, and she asked, "Gee, what's her hobby?"

Comment

• Didn't fly much today but I got out the aircraft transport and fired it up after its been sitting for a few months, 90% custom built or more like a homemade fun scale1926 Model T Ford Stake Bed replica, only the rear end, wheels, steering wheel, 3 speed transmission, and the 9hp Honda motor were not custom built, the hood is a Model T 1925-26 replica but I had to trim it down and bend it to get it to function like the real one, everything else was hand pounded with a hammer or cut out with a sawzall and welded, my Uncle started building it and had it about 50% done when he passed away before it was completed, so 10 yrs later I finished it up, as you can see the F-104 is to long to fit long ways, had to put it crossways.....
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• That is some stylish aircraft transport, though rather limited capacity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                          That is some stylish aircraft transport, though rather limited capacity.
                                          Yeah, its more for fun and conversation, I fly right across the street from my house, easy walk to get the rest of them......

Comment

Working...
                                          X