Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

That’s some serious fanny fatigue...
    Seriously. My bony butt starts complaining about airline seats after an hour or so.

Back on topic, though, and today I made the maiden flight of my new Mavic 2 Zoom drone. Only issue I encountered was the micro SD card I borrowed from the Spark was too slow for the Mavic 2's 4K video, so I have a UHS 3 card on its way. Awesome camera drone, and I hope to get some great video of Union Pacific's Big Boy steam locomotive at this location next week, when it departs Tucson. This is the Cienega Creek Crossing on Marsh Station Road, just east of Tucson. I don't know if they'll run that massive steamer over the old trestle, or due to its size, run it along the newer route following the creek, but this location should be fantastic for either. Both lines are UP right-of-way, and still active for mainline traffic.

Attached Files

Comment

• Did some low level acrobatic FPV and scenic tour around our field and matched with soothing music. Enjoy!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• I flew an old friend for the first time this year. I quickly remembered why I liked this model so much. The FMS 1400mm P-51 is an all round good flying model.

It also made me realize that I will miss Motion carrying FMS. I really like their 1400mm war birds and Motion is the reason I have the ones I do. I know they have good business reasons, it is actually the lug heads at HH causing the issue, so I hope they try to fill that 1400mm size range with some other good warbirds.

Comment

• Going back to my balsa roots. Flew my BUSA Eindecker today along with the Pandora and finally got my Dusty C188 airborn. Click image for larger version

Name:	ein1.jpeg
Views:	589
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	216312Click image for larger version

Name:	ein2.jpeg
Views:	527
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	216313

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
            Going back to my balsa roots. Flew my BUSA Eindecker today along with the Pandora and finally got my Dusty C188 airborn. Click image for larger version

Name:	ein1.jpeg
Views:	589
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	216312Click image for larger version

Name:	ein2.jpeg
Views:	527
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	216313
            Nice! Is that the 90 or 40 size?

My wife is currently building the 40 size Eindecker and I'm getting ready to start the 90 size Taube.

Comment

• Getting much more comfortable with the Apache...

Comment

• Steve............Yes it was awesome. I'm guessing though that you've got considerable heli experience that we/me were never aware of.
                I gave up years ago and sold a 300 and 500 size cause I could never get past the nose in phase without it quickly becoming an expensive O.... event.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                  Steve............Yes it was awesome. I'm guessing though that you've got considerable heli experience that we/me were never aware of.
                  I gave up years ago and sold a 300 and 500 size cause I could never get past the nose in phase without it quickly becoming an expensive O.... event.
                  Yes Charlie, I flew nothing but helis back in the 80's and early 90's. Started out with an American RC Helicopters fixed pitch Mantis, then a GMP Competitor (neither of which had gyros on the tails, talk about a handful) and then Miniature Aircraft Excell 60's. Even competed at the NATS in '90 and '91. Back then I forced myself to learn nose in hovering and Pilots Promenades but it did not come without a cost. Back then everything was flybar and there were no such things as FBL controllers or electric heli's to speak of so while the flying part is like getting back on a bike, now the learning curve is on the controllers but thankfully there are many good resources I can turn to for help with that. When I get to the point where I can comfortably set one up myself I will feel like I have arrived.

Comment

• Flew FPV close formation at left wing position in a PC-21 with head-tracking following a friend’s T-28 - love the navy trainer scheme for great visibility. Turned out surprisingly well for our first practice flight together.

I got on station at 2:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                      Steve............Yes it was awesome. I'm guessing though that you've got considerable heli experience that we/me were never aware of.
                      I have been flying for 36 yrs and helicopters at least 25yrs of that were helis, I still struggle with nose in, I try to always keep them to one side, its cheating and it looks like nose in but a true nose in hover is hard for me for some reason, I just can't get that nose pointed directly at me. It does feel great to set one up and fly it successfully, I'm going to stay with it until I can fully set one of the FBL controllers up and nose in comfortably.....

Awesome job Steve!!

Comment

• Here’s a continuous shot at my PC-21 on station - sort of, front quarter view, from a camera attached to the belly of the lead T-28. Starting at 1:52.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Nice! Is that the 90 or 40 size?

My wife is currently building the 40 size Eindecker and I'm getting ready to start the 90 size Taube.
                          It is the 90 size. I've had this plane for about 8 years now and it still flys great its like a trainer. I have a OS .65 powering it now.

Comment

• Overslept this morning, so just called in and played hooky from work. Took the new Mavic 2 Zoom out for a couple of flights, getting more familiar with it before the Big Boy steam locomotive departs Tucson on Saturday.

Comment

• Nice days to fly here in Iowa are becoming limited this time of the year. So taking advantage of the nice weather today.
                              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Take a guess where I am today...
                                Recurrent flight training for one of my favorite clients. More pic’s later...
                                Attached Files

Comment

• In January of 2016 after I first started with the company, I wind up in Harrisburg, PA...google winter storm Jonas.

Today definitely was the other end of the pendulum swing. Click image for larger version

Name:	09965366-F9EE-4E4A-92ED-C20A306072AA.jpeg
Views:	441
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	216899Click image for larger version

Name:	2141306F-13EF-49FA-8D64-A80393B26A74.jpeg
Views:	420
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	216900Click image for larger version

Name:	7B543E92-F659-4870-BF65-2AFA581C0C20.jpeg
Views:	433
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	216901

Comment

• Three flights of the Mavic 2 Zoom, two of them tracking the Union Pacific Big Boy.

Comment

• Hey Hoom's very nice vid. I watched the whole thing, LOL!

Woody

Comment

• Love the Big Boy!!! I have seen it live and up close and it is so impressive and really kind of scary!!! LOL

Comment

• It's always great to go flying in the middle of the week, but this week, I got out there twice, guess this is close to heaven. No rain and the winds were good at 5-8mph. Ended up getting 12 flights in on the Avanti, 6 on the Stinger, 4 each on the Corsair and Spitfire and 4 each on 2 different 60" Extreme Flight planes. What a wonderful week, now I have to try to get 3 times in a week. Still having some issues with the flap servo on the Avanti, but the last 6 flights with 0 delay seemed to work great, but who knows.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X