Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also flew my two F-16 Arctic Aggressors today...

Click image for larger version  Name:	both_s.jpg Views:	1 Size:	453.4 KB ID:	71801
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Here is one of the ways i arranged things in my 86. I did a little cutting out of foam for my receiver. Which made easy access to the servo wire plugs in the receiver.
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
        Here is one of the ways i arranged things in my 86. I did a little cutting out of foam for my receiver. Which made easy access to the servo wire plugs in the receiver.
        Thanks, Lon. I'm using an endpin receiver at the moment. I may need to switch to a top pin. I like your cutout mod. Thanks.
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

• 97 Days to go:

Flew my new Neptune EDF, I can't say enough about how good this wing flys...easy to launch, easy to fly and slows down good for FPV gate running. We had about a dozen people flying here today, it was an awesome day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	17973620_147629805768963_6207237833371927468_o.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	71813
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Well, looks like a eventful day ox. Big grats on the maiden of the sabre. Sorry to see the p47 go in. You had like two seconds before it hit, doubt many of us could have recovered in time. If at all. Bit strange that one. Nice vids, cheers for sharing.

Think you owe your mate a beer aros lol. ;) Love your f16s, just too cool with that scheme.

Comment

• Thanks, Shirty. I definitely owe him a beer. I thought that I'd be able to stay to the right of the trees, but I just couldn't tighten up my turn any more. I didn't have enough elevator throw (which I corrected as soon as I got back in the pits). He definitely saved my bacon.
              I'd also taken video of my P-38 flight, but it looked like every other of my P-38 flights (except that the landing was very good LOL). So, I didn't YouTube it.
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                Think you owe your mate a beer aros lol. ;) Love your f16s, just too cool with that scheme.
                Thanks, yeah I love that scheme. Oh and I will definitely be hooking him up! :Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• SOrry about your P47 Ox
                  Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                    I'm very wary of driving my CG too far back for my maiden flight. I don't want to have to deal with a squirrelly plane, in addition to potentially being way out of trim. If I fly it with the CG in the manufacturer's prescribed box, should I expect any serious problems?

Also, where did you all mount your RX? With the servo wires coming from forward and aft, I'l very limited on mounting locations. I mounted it on the ridge, just aft of the ESC. That location worries me a bit because it's so close to the ESC and motor wires running to the fan. I'm running a diversity receiver, but both antennae are still close to other EMI sources. I guess that should dig out some servo extensions and find a better location.
                    Congrats on the maiden Oxotnik. Mine seems to fly great at about the 180-190mm mark (inverted with wheels down). I fly with a Roaring Top 5800 mAh battery (756 grams) as pictured. I cut a little of the foam aft of where the ESC is located and glued in a piece of thin ply to create a ledge to mount an A3-L and the receiver. My elevator aligns as pictured and she rotates in about 200 ft or less. I flew it at TIGRB's grass runway today and had no trouble getting it airborne. I am running a Mig-21 1800 kV outrunner and Gecko 125A ESC in it though and my timer is set to 4 minutes. It usually goes off as I am taxiing back to the pits and I have anywhere from 15 - 35% left depending on how hard I push it.

Name:	20170415_220816.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	71826

Name:	20170415_220836.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	71827

Name:	20170415_221033.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	71828

Name:	20170415_221658.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	71829

Comment

• 96 days to go:

The Rare Bear is no more...lost the left elevator after I leveled out of about a seven turn roll at full speed...I must have tightened the screw on that side too much because it pulled right through. The 6S 4000 Admiral caught fire on impact...It was spectacular:Bomb:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Splat.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.2 KB ID:	71923
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Sorry it happened. They are a lot of fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                          96 days to go:

The Rare Bear is no more...lost the left elevator after I leveled out of about a seven turn roll at full speed...I must have tightened the screw on that side too much because it pulled right through. The 6S 4000 Admiral caught fire on impact...It was spectacular:Bomb:
                          It met it's expiration date :(
                          But c'mon TI........I thought you said you keep about a gallon of Foam-Tac on hand for repairs like this. LOL
                          Pisser about the loss of a battery :Angry:
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Ah bummer TI! RIP Rare Bear.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Sorry to see it mate. :(

Comment

• You just can't believe how fast one of these are on 6S.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by jackcutrone View Post
                                  SOrry about your P47 Ox
                                  Thanks, Jack. After sorting through the wreckage and looking for things to blame, I've finally decided that I dumb-thumbed my P-47 to death. It's a high-speed, high-energy hobby. Sometimes, you fly too low, bank too hard, and make one too many mistakes. I did all three. But, now I have room for another warbird. :Cool:
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

• Good attitude. We ALL dumb thumb from time-to-time. As the saying goes, "If ya ain't crashin' ya ain't flyin'". :Silly:
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Sorry to see the Rare Bear, TI. Don't think that one will buff out.. I went to the field on Saturday to go flying expecting some nice weather. When I got to the field, the wind was not great. After a while, it seemed to settle down to about 10mph, so I decided to take up the F-86 to test out the conditions. As I was taxiing out to the runway, a huge gust of wind picked the F-86 up and flipped it over sideways breaking off the vertical tail. It's not exactly great conditions when you crash without ever taking off.. Thought I'd wait a few minutes, and maybe try again, and then I saw a full scale Champ fly over the field and hover there, completely stopped. At that point I decided to go home and cut my losses. I'm fine with flying in steady wind, but turbulent and gusty is my definite no-go.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                        Sorry to see the Rare Bear, TI. Don't think that one will buff out.
                                        It's all part of it, if you fly you're going to crash..I'll be keeping an eye out for another one :)
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• News flash! Breaking news in the crash of the EFlite P-47.

The NTSB has abruptly concluded its investigation of the crash of the EFlite P-47D on the afternoon of April 15, 2017, at Epps Airpark, in Huntsville, AL. Initial findings, based on eyewitness reports and a quick review of the onboard video footage (also corroborated by statements from the pilot himself), indicated that the pilot had dumb-thumbed his aircraft to death. However, after careful slow-motion review of the onboard footage, it is obvious that the left wing had failed at its wing root. The left wing can clearly be seen to be roughly parallel with the vertical stabilizer. Therefore, the NTSB has reduced the serious charge of dumb-thumbing his aircraft to death to the much lesser charge of flying his aircraft outside of its operational limits.

Seriously, one of the guys in the RCG EFlite P-47 forum had spotted the silhouette of the broken wing in the YouTube video. I then went back to the original video file and edited in some slow motion and freeze frames, which clearly show that the wing had broken. I had made peace with the fact that I had dumb-thumbed my plane, although it certainly didn't feel like it at the time of the crash (it all happened soooo fast). So, when I bank-and-yanked hard into the reversal turn, it was just too much for the foam wing (I was flying a 4S batt and Extra 300 prop, with 60A ESC). The wing broke about 1/4 - 1/2 through the turn. Then, no matter what I did with the controls, the plane was coming down hard.
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X