Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess the mountains are always lush where you are at. We have been getting some much needed rain in SoCal and the hills are finally sprouting green again. Come visit when you get back stateside.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Got a chance a couple days ago to fly my 1600mm Corsair & Spitfire along with my red Avanti, a 60" Extreme Flight MXS and I maidened my just completed and repainted 2nd Stinger 90. My original Stinger was my 1st EDF and about a month ago, after some 80 flights, it refused to turn on landing approach after an uneventful flight and kept heading downwind out to the Everglades, totally unresponsive except for throttle. Several club members helped me search for it for 3 days, including with a drone, but never found it. I loved the way it flew all these years (except of course for that last flight) and loved the repainted version so I decided to buy and repaint another (did slightly change the trim scheme on the elevators and underside), considering I had plenty of spare parts left and an extra set of custom graphics from Callie. Just as I finished it, I got a call from someone that his sister, Donna Kalil, the "python hunter", found the Stinger in the marsh, slightly submerged and a total loss. Still not sure what went wrong, but sh.. happens and I guess it decided to do a little python hunting on it's own. So far this year, she's eradicated some 200 pythons, and one Stinger 90 that committed seppuku.

This 2nd Stinger for some reason flies so much better than the first, almost identical to my Avanti, and is considerably faster even with the stock 3748-1650kv out-runner, giving me at least 4:30 with the Admiral 6000mah. I think it is slightly lighter in weight as maybe I put too many coats of paint on the first. Anyway, I also installed the RC Geek afterburner and only 3 coats of spar urethane, so not sure why it flies so much lighter, but who's complaining. The other thing I hated (besides the ugly paint job of the stock Stinger) was having to plug and unplug 6 servo leads since I remove the wings and separate them for transport and storage (could be the source of the 1st Stinger's failure along with quite a few unfriendly skirmishes with the grass and asphalt). I used Chris Hansen's (Hansen Hobbies) 5 pin latching polarized connectors and reduced it to 2 easy plug ins. (If I left the wings together, could have reduced it to 1!, but 2 ain't bad). She now goes together in a matter of minutes with no hassles. Never made my own servo connections before, but after a few trials and errors (and several screwed up connectors) I got the hang of putting them together, and man are they sweet . When I got my Spitfire home, I noticed some of the negative wire leads were loose from that stupid blue box (which may have caused another foray into the Everglades for that plane on the next flight) so this week I'm changing it over to the same latching connectors and dropping the blue box off with the pythons. Having to plug and unplug 4 connectors into the blue box and another 4 servo and light connectors to the receiver leads has always been my biggest pet peeve with the Spitfire, otherwise, she's definitely one of my favorites to fly. So next time out, I'll be back on easy street with that bird too.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Put a few flights on my 600 UH-1N yesterday. First time with the cowlings and cockpit installed, and it flew great! Also put a few flights on my 90mm F-16, Bell 47, 500 UH-1C, and HK FPV Navy Cub.

Comment

• Our club held it's annual "Jets Miami Rally" this last weekend and had a great turnout, over 75 pilots and numerous manufacturers and representatives. It was a little breezy, but all the jets were large scale turbines so no problem.

I posted a few pictures below but these are all my jets and didn't get any photos of anyone else's (yah right). Actually didn't fly any of my electric jets with these big boys (even though I was invited to), but I couldn't take the chance that by some regularly occurring pilot error on my part, I might crash into one of these $30,000 babies and have to pay for it (I like living in my house too much instead of the street).

In three days and hundreds of flights, there were only 5 crashes that I'm aware of, and none were severe. Franco Di Mauro even put on an exhibition of 3D flying with his Bavarian Demon, one of 10 jets he brought.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	holidays.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	224606

My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• What did I fly today, damn it, nothin! But what did I get to eat today? The South Florida traditional fare, Lobster Enchilada. There are definitely perks living in Miami, not to mention the ability to fly 12 months of the year, assuming no hurricanes or high winds.

Hope all you Squawkers out there have a GREAT Christmas and New Year. I've learned so much from so many of you that this was definitely the best gifts of the year, and they keep coming, 12 months of the year, anytime I ask for them. Now just hoping for Santa to get my next jet delivered, and if all I get is coal (which is what I deserve), then I'll just have to order it myself!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone!!!! Hugh, you made me hungry Bro!!!!!!!!! Just awesome stuff... Enjoy the blessings and remember the reason for the season!!! AMEN!! Love you guys and gals!! Friends that have not met yet!!! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                  and if all I get is coal (which is what I deserve), then I'll just have to order it myself!
                  You must not have gotten the memo. Santa no longer gives out coal, it's too expensive. He's switched to Reindeer poop because he has an ABUNDANT supply and is compliant with the UN agendas on climate change.

Comment

• Elbee
                    Elbee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I sent the UN coal.

• No flying yesterday or today (not exactly great weather to head out to the flying field), but we did go with Danny Trejo's idea for Christmas, and had tacos with our son.

Merry Christmas, Chag sameach Chanukah, Happy Holidays, or, if none of those really suit you, happy flying, from our family to yours.

Comment

• Christmas Eve was too nice down here in SC to not get out for a few flights. Little windy, but that makes the Tundra a ton of fun!

Comment

• Got some flights in today on my Eindecker, Tigercat, & my Pandora. The weather here was cloudy but the temps were in the 60s with almost no wind!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	eindcker.jpeg
Views:	519
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	224888Click image for larger version

Name:	tcat pic.jpeg
Views:	487
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	224889

Comment

• My theme today was multi engine big planes. Mother Nature gave us a special gift today, sunny, no wind to speak of and nearly 70 degrees. Not bad for WV at the end of December!

Comment

• Switched to pontoons on the Cub today. Flew like a champ today. The pontoon kit came with a extra sized propeller. I can't believe it took off from the grass. The Prime jet pro is dialing in good now. Putting down elevation on canards sure keeps the nose up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Got 6 flights on the Yak 130 and 4 flights on the F-16, not bad for a Sunday afternoon.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Name:	F-14 Landing Dirty-edited.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	225279Epic dogfighting today! Spitfire vs Tomcat - got him squarely in the gun sight for a few seconds. Just need laser tag and smoke to seal the deal. Better than Air Combat USA! LOLFW F-14 in the Gun Sight of Spitfire

Comment

• But before getting into high level dogfight feats, ensuring safe return of the warbirds is first priority. So drilling touch & go’s/landings until I feel comfortable flying the Spitfire...

Comment

• Happy New Year all you Squawkers, keep all the great tips, pointers, advice and photos/videos coming, I love 'em! Finally got some halfway decent weather yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks (although an 8mph crosswind-but who's complaining) so I just had to get out one last time before the year ended. And I don't what anyone giving me about being able to fly 12 months a year in Florida while all you snow birds are only able to sit and stare at you're planes waiting for Spring-I used to live in Northern Michigan so I know the feeling. Took out an odd collection of my Stinger 90, Avanti, F-4 and a P2 Bi-Plane, which I hadn't flown in forever. Got 3 flights in on each before a load of other club members showed up with their fancy expensive turbines and dominated the flight line. We even got a visit from some crazy guy flying his home made ultra-light and he just had to land on our field and check out the action (photo below).

May this year bring all of you health, happiness and at least one new bird!
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Name:	Screenshot_20191229-211111_Gallery.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	225621 Mavic mini today .. Merry Christmas to me Screenshot_20191229-211111_Gallery.jpg

Comment

• Spent New Years out at the field!

Comment

• Two flights each of the Stinger, the Simple Scout, and Air Hooterville. Minimal breeze today, with temperature ranging from about 50 degrees F when I arrived, to about 70 degrees when I left. Couldn't have asked for a nicer day for flying.

Comment

Working...
                                        X