Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F106 stop it already with the Little Bird! You're going to make me want to start flying scale heli's!! ;)
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Another jet day for me today:

FW F-15 90mm - 2 flights
      FW Me-262, upgraded version - 2 flights
      FW Mig-21 - 2 flights
      FW 8S Yak-130 - 2 flights

I had also taken the A-6 with me, but forgot one of the rotater pins on one of the mains had come out on the last flight last weekend and I had not replaced it yet.
      Pat

Comment

• Great photos! The Mig 21 looks awesome in that scheme!

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        F106 stop it already with the Little Bird! You're going to make me want to start flying scale heli's!! ;)
        Just wait until I start getting photos of the Apache and Huey in the air ;). Besides, if there is any RC niche that needs more participation, it would be scale Helis :). On a related note, I just picked up the Roban 470 Bell 407, adding yet another scale heli to the hangar.

Comment

• My friend took most of those pics from the other side of the runway. Gives an interesting perspective on the fly-bys. ;)

Videos of the Me-262 and Yak-130 are uploading now.
          Pat

Comment

• Video of the Me-262.

Pat

Comment

• Video of the Yak. The wingtip missiles depart at 1:10.

Second flight of my new Freewing Yak-130 90mm. This is the new 8S version sold by MotionRC.com. This has a single 90mm 12-blade fan with an upgraded 4075-125...
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                Another jet day for me today:

FW F-15 90mm - 2 flights
                FW Me-262, upgraded version - 2 flights
                FW Mig-21 - 2 flights
                FW 8S Yak-130 - 2 flights

I had also taken the A-6 with me, but forgot one of the rotater pins on one of the mains had come out on the last flight last weekend and I had not replaced it yet.
                I love jet days... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  Video of the Yak. The wingtip missiles depart at 1:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jML_...ature=youtu.be
                  Great looking jet, what happened with the missiles?
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I guess the Foam Tac was not strong enough to hold the rails on. This time I will put some bamboo skewers in the foam to hold them in place.
                    Pat

Comment

• Day late reporting - flew my Das Ugly Stik. Still wokring on repairing the Somethin' Extra and my P51.
                      Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• I have a bit of human-interest story to add into my flight report... :-)

Yesterday, I maidened an Eleven Hobby 1100mm P-51D. This model came liveried as Old Crow, but had stripped it down to the base foam and re-liveried it as Michelle Marie. Michelle Marie was the plane that a colleague's father flew in Fred Ohr's American Beagle Squadron. Below are photos of the pilot (John Ondocsin) sitting on the wing of his Michelle Marie, my friend holding the model of his father's plane, and photo of the plane itself.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lt. Ondocsin.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.0 KB ID:	79965Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_Doc with model.JPG Views:	1 Size:	128.2 KB ID:	79966Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5302 finished model - side.JPG Views:	1 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	79967

The maiden flight was somewhat eventful. The tail was pulling hard to the left on the ground and it had way too much up trim on the elevator. The plane hopped into the air too quickly, then torque-rolled on me, but I got it above the trees. It was so out of trim that it was a real handful for a minute or so. But, once I got it trimmed out, I was very pleased with its handling. I did unexpectedly snap-roll out of a tight immelmann, when I'd applied too much elevator. I purposefully did it again later, to make sure that I understood what had happened. My biggest oh-crap moment was during the second flight when I stalled the plane as I rolling out of inverted. I didn't realize that I was flying as slowly as I was. Both of my landings were pretty awful. The plane just wanted to glide forever. Any throttle input made it worse; so, both landings were power-off glides, then it ballooned when I gave it touch of elevator. Horrible landing technique!! I've gotta work on throttle-controlled landings with this plane. On the second landing, I let it get a little too slow, and it tip-stalled just before touchdown. Nothing broken though, other than a little wounded pride. Anyway, this video is far from being spectacular, as a lot of it is me trimming the plane, but if anyone is interested, here it is:

---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• Great job on the model oxo.

Comment

• Learning to fly with a FunCub I got for Christmas. Painted it so I could see it. Friends said you could find it with a Geiger counter, so I call it 'Radioactive'. Still learning to land smoothly.

Comment

• Welcome to the squawk shootsnaps, and to the fun of rc flying. Best of luck, I don't think you'll lose that one lol.

;)

some maidens by a couple of my flying buddies from the weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1418.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	80030Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1416.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	80031Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1410.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	80032

Comment

• Maiden and two more flights. Tweaked the nose gear on a bad landing on flight 3, but nothing that can't be fixed. I love this bird!
                                Pat

Comment

• Excellent Pat! Congratulations. So you got it late Monday, assembled and applied decals then flew it by Wednesday. Outstanding.

Comment

• Yep. I think it took me longer to unpack everything from the box than it did to assemble it, and then twice as long to put on the decals. LOL
                                    Pat

Comment

• Good job Pat, looks awesome and from what I've heard, fly as good as they look !!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Ox - great trim on your P51 - I always really like it when it is made to model someone's plane that I know about it. And thanks for the exciting account of the two flights - I for one like stories like that especially ones with a happy ending.

Well - two days worth of flying to report. Yesterday, I flew my Somethin Extra after making repairs to the ripped out gear and the holes the pointed end of the wheel pants put through the covering and the balsa in the wing. Still flies well, though I am still terrible applying monokote - no quite as pretty as it was. I also maidened a plane I got for free a couple of years ago - but that's another story. It is an Elfite Carbon Z Yak 54. Just a gentle shakedown flight.

Today I went to the field again and flew five batteries through it. Wow - what a plane -- I am surprised that Horizon stopped making them but I suppose they ran through that market and had to move on to other things. I have been wanting to learn good 3D aerobatics for a long time. And this plane will help. It is very crisp in responding to commands - I did some eight point rolls that didn't look too horrible, The plane pretty much flies where it is pointed. Also did some knife edge including a 180 degree turn. Now I am an old fart with hands that always shake a little (not flying) and so I know I will never be a hot 3D pilot, but I am soooo happy. I can see this plane and I are going to learn some things together.

Jack ;)
                                        Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Day 321:
                                          Flew the Carbon Z L-4 today, I love this thing...you can almost park it in the sky.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170608_212558597_iOS.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	80242
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X