Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good job. Did the tall grass get cut next to the runway?

Comment

• Yes, then it rained on it :Scared:at least the quad racers will be happy.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Flew 2 flights on the Little Bird and 2 on the A-10 this evening. Managed to get a video of one of the Little Bird flights:

Comment

• Nice bird mate.

Comment

• Yesterday was monthly RC Club meeting day at the field. The temps and humidity were unusually low, as were the winds, albeit switching direction every few minutes. I ran three more packs through my Eleven Hobby P-51D and 5 or 6 packs through my Durafly Das Ugly Stik, before the meeting. My landings have gotten bad lately; so, I'd declared a touch-n-go day, mostly using the floaty DUS, and managed to get most of my landing mojo back. :Cool: After the meeting, we had a bit more daylight left, although the the shadows were getting really long. So, I put another flight on the DUS and P-51D. I was packing up and someone asked about the P-38 that was still sitting in the back of my Tahoe. I'd forgotten that I'd brought it. I couldn't go home with a charged 4S-5k battery. The P-38 already had its wings on; so, I stuffed the battery in, did a preflight, then flew it. I don't know what it is about the P-38, but it always draws a crowd. Well, yes, I do actually. It's a damn cool airplane that flies beautifully and gracefully.
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

• We had a good sized fly-in today with lots of great flying and fellowship but the best part was seeing my buddy Jared solo for the first time, Jared has special needs but works hard at everything he does including his love for warbirds. We're all very proud of him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170610_134259425_iOS.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	80585

Name:	20170610_134221220_iOS.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	80586
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Flew 4 more flights on the Hog today. I'm really digging this plane!
                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                  We had a good sized fly-in today with lots of great flying and fellowship but the best part was seeing my buddy Jared solo for the first time, Jared has special needs but works hard at everything he does including his love for warbirds. We're all very proud of him.

Name:	20170610_134259425_iOS.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	80585

Name:	20170610_134221220_iOS.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	80586
                  Jared is lucky to have a friend like you TI. It's great to make some ones day, good for you!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

Jared is lucky to have a friend like you TI. It's great to make some ones day, good for you!:Cool:
                    Trust me, I got much more out of it than he did ;)
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

That is really cool that he soloed. I hated that I had to miss today. Would've loved to have been there.

Comment

• TI your a good person I don't care what they say.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                          TI your a good person I don't care what they say.
                          No I'm not...but I know the One who is ;)

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Good onya TI. Well done Jared. :)

Comment

• TI - It''s a great hobby where generous people like you are willing to help others. I have seen that a lot, benefited from it a lot and tried to help others when I could.

Jack
                              Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Way cool TI! Go Jared!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

This is a great hobby that wouldn't exist if not for the generosity of time from others. Thank you all for the comrodery! :Cool:

Comment

• I appreciate the good words but I'm serious when I say I get more out of all of this than anyone that comes here to fly, I feel honored when someone comes out to fly and hangout...and to see the joy on a new pilot's face when they have a successful flight is something else :Cool:
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Flew my Carbon Z Yak54 again today. Winds 8-10, gusting 15. FIgured out that what I described in the last post about it being crisp, point rolls and knife edge wasn't me, it was the AS3X stabilzation that made it look good. DUH. :P
                                      Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Day 329:
                                        Flew one of my B-17s this morning, I just love these big graceful birds.

Name:	20170616_133504669_iOS.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	81593

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Love me some B-17. Love that shot. Is that the FW or? I have my eyes on that 1875mm V2 from Hobby King. I had the V1 and outside of the ridiculously over-exaggerated panel lines, she was an absolute jewel.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X