Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you fly today?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the HK, I had a Freewing (and I love FW planes) but the FW B17 is hideous as far as scale goes. These are my favorite planes (I have six of them), this one I have made the turrets functional and the ball turret has a camera in it, I have several sets of FPV goggles that I let spectators watch with...here's a video from the ball turret.

TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Oh that is just too cool! Why am I not surprised you have a sweet mod like that? We need to get you some Messerschmitts to shoot down. ;)
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• TI, question about the B-17 you posted. How is the tail gunner supposed to shoot down the Axis planes without guns? LOL

I have a V1 of this, and I love it! I got the silver version, then repainted it to look like Sentimental Journey which is based here in Mesa. I get to see it flying around the valley in the winter time, and it literally flies right over my house at about 2000' all the time on approach to the field.
        Pat

Comment

• Nice job Pat! Here was my Aluminum Overcast...Sweet bird...

Click image for larger version

Name:	JEN_8947.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	81614

Name:	JEN_8944.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	81615
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Cool TI
            Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
              Oh that is just too cool! Why am I not surprised you have a sweet mod like that? We need to get you some Messerschmitts to shoot down. ;)
              how about a Do-335 or an FW-190D9? :-D

---
              Warbirder

Comment

• Today I flew the Yak 54 up until a screw which I apparently hadn't lock-tited came out of one of the hortizontal stabs on take-off. Couldn't figure out why it plopped back to the ground just after take-off, until I checked the screw. Luckily no damage.

I also maidened a Motion RC Panther F9F. Had been dying for one of their EDF's. I had ordered it and it was sitting in the box when I saw a fellow club member flying the Motion RC Avanti. I WANT ONE! Thought about trying to return the Panther for a credit and buy the Avanit but since my only other EDF experience is with an Eflite Ultra Micro F16, I thought it probably would be good to keep the Panther and work my way up to the Avanti. The Panther is sure a peppy little cuss. Flies great. Hard to hand launch though. Flew it five times. Only one bad take off. I throw it underhand with my left hand so I can keep my right on the stick. They were mostly okay though a bit squirrelly, until I tried to throw it a little faster, held it too long and sent it up at about a 30 degree angle. Found out why they say launch it horizontally - it went up stalled and nosed into the dirt. Luckily a clean break that a little CA will fix just fine. Learned my lesson the hard way.

Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• A friend of mine has the new Avanti. Wow! It's frakking amazing! I've had my eye on that Panther, too. I'm just wary of hand-launching EDFs. My first EDF was the 80mm F-86. I'm trying to work up the nerves to maiden my new-to-me Freewing ME-262 (12-blade) that I scored at a swap meet.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• I flew my Opterra at nefi! Thank you B-man for this great shot!

Comment

• Maidened the A-10. Whoooo! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Awesome. Grats mate. ;)

Comment

• Thanks Shirty, I can unpucker now. LOL
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Lol, know that feelin...

mine goes in for its paint job next week, hopefully no issues painting and maiden that weekend. Can't wait. :)

Comment

• G'day Shirty,
                              Leave the paint for at least six weeks to dry properly. Trust me when I say it is the best dang glue I have ever used. No matter how hard I try, I can not get the cowl of my repainted 1400mm FMS T-28. And I do so desperately want to fit the 650 into her.
                              I thought I was good after two weeks.....but I was wr....wro.....wrooo. You know!! And that was in summer time!
                              I ignored all my own advice on how long to leave it to dry and now I have issues.
                              At least the flight helps dry the paint!;)
                              Regards and respect
                              Daryl

Comment

• I flew the P-40 and maidened the P-47 today. Love the P-40, the 47 seemed a bit tail heavy but flew and landed okay. I'll adjust it a bit this evening and try again tomorrow.

Comment

• Today was A-10 & P-38 flights. Here's a short vid of A-10.
                                  Sorry about video quality...forgot to check camera settings prior to flight.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrongroad View Post
                                    G'day Shirty,
                                    Leave the paint for at least six weeks to dry properly. Trust me when I say it is the best dang glue I have ever used. No matter how hard I try, I can not get the cowl of my repainted 1400mm FMS T-28. And I do so desperately want to fit the 650 into her.
                                    I thought I was good after two weeks.....but I was wr....wro.....wrooo. You know!! And that was in summer time!
                                    I ignored all my own advice on how long to leave it to dry and now I have issues.
                                    At least the flight helps dry the paint!;)
                                    Regards and respect
                                    Daryl
                                    Lol mate. ;)

Comment

• I had a nice warbird day. Great flights. No broken
                                      parts. Even snuck in a few float flights.

Name:	IMG_5338.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	81797Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5341.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	81798
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

• Today I went to my first ever scale competition, the Texas Scale Masters event. Initially, I wasn't very interested in going, but I met one of the judges at a fun fly, and he convinced me to give it a shot. I was pretty worried about the perceived snobbery of some members when it comes to foam and electric models, and helicopters. When I got there, my opinion changed pretty quickly. The field was full of a variety of airplanes, from the Eflite UMX planes up to Giant Scale gas Warbirds. Everyone was kind and welcoming, and I met a lot of fantastic people. Many of them brought their families with them, which was great to see. I sat there for probably 2 hours listening to a Veteran tell stories of flying H-34s in Vietnam, and hearing an airline captain tell me about his years of flying fire-bombers.

The weather didn't exactly cooperate with strong 14-18mph winds, but we flew anyways. I brought out my AH-6J Little Bird helicopter, and managed one good flight before the wind got over my maximum limit, and we enjoyed a great fresh grilled lunch. As for the rankings, I was surprised to see that the foam electrics did extremely well. A Carbon Z Cessna 150 placed 1st in the civilian category, and an FMS placed very high in the military class. To top it all off, I won first place in the helicopter category!! (Ok, so I was the only heli guy there...). So overall message, if you are worried about attending one of these, don't be! It was a lot of fun and I'll definitely be back next year. It is really great to see more clubs taking on this kind of open, encouraging environment!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Day 333:
                                          Flew a B-17, then a Cub, Hawk Sky and a Waco

Name:	20170620_173017327_iOS.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	82127
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X