Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I maidened some rescues I picked up last week, the P-47 was in good shape but the P-40 was an abandoned project...both are good flying planes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170817_213924009_iOS.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	93227

Name:	20170817_233853389_iOS.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	93228

TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• So I don't normally post what I flew but in remembrance of the Sonic Modell Pitts Python..........:Loser:
      Don't feel sorry....I got this bird on the real cheap a year ago. Made mods to the gear mount and motor mount bulkhead that had major design deficiencies.
      Since the mods have flown it hard and then 3 minutes into this evenings flights the E servo quit functioning coming out of a monster 400 ft loop and it fence posted the motor 3 inches in the ground.
      Salvage whatever electronics are good and consider its hangar space as half the room I need for the planned 84" Tigercat.
      And then there is one civy bipe in the warbird fleet.:P

Name:	IMG_0674.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	93236Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0675.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	93237
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	64387934.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	93243

Sorry about the crash CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          Click image for larger version  Name:	64387934.jpg Views:	1 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	93243

Sorry about the crash CB.
          LOL MOST EXCELLENT. Sitting here with a DOS EQUIS Amber(screw the celiac) while I commiserate the terminal velocity expiration date.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• That is some major damage, now you have to do the field trash can bumfire ritual.

Comment

• Impressive. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                Impressive. :)
                Can ya imagine if there had been an onboard camera..........be enough to :Poo:yourself watching :Scared:
                Warbird Charlie

Comment

• And, I thought that my crashes were bad. I now have new goal... :Cool::Cool::Cool:
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                    So I don't normally post what I flew but in remembrance of the Sonic Modell Pitts Python..........:Loser:
                    Don't feel sorry....I got this bird on the real cheap a year ago. Made mods to the gear mount and motor mount bulkhead that had major design deficiencies.
                    Since the mods have flown it hard and then 3 minutes into this evenings flights the E servo quit functioning coming out of a monster 400 ft loop and it fence posted the motor 3 inches in the ground.
                    Salvage whatever electronics are good and consider its hangar space as half the room I need for the planned 84" Tigercat.
                    And then there is one civy bipe in the warbird fleet.:P

Name:	IMG_0674.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	93236Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0675.JPG
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	93237
                    Well buddy, that's one way to make room in the hangerLOL. I don't thank that's what your sweety had in mind though:Scared:.

Comment

• Day 393: Started out with the big T-28 this morning...

Name:	20170819_160155268_iOS.jpg
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	93425
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I went to a large-scale event today. I flew my Freewing Me-262 twice. I bought some raffle tickets and scored a QQ Extra 300 PNP and a 20-minute full-acro plane ride. :-D
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                          I went to a large-scale event today. I flew my Freewing Me-262 twice. I bought some raffle tickets and scored a QQ Extra 300 PNP and a 20-minute full-acro plane ride. :-D
                          Am envious Ox - enjoy the plane and the ride
                          Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Thanks, Jack. I'm equally excited about both. I almost bought the QQ Extra 300 a few months back, but never pulled the trigger. Obviously, the aerogods wanted me to have this plane! Now, I won't have an excuse to not learn how to fly severely stalled aircraft! :Silly:
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• I should soon be posting my what did I fly today, a fri3nd donated a Phoenix Sonic w servos, OS 40 FB. Needs front wheel, and receiver, just some minor tlc.

They should have kept the old wing one piece design, putting the black plastic bolts is just a pain to do so w the two piece configuration, one ends up w cramps in their fingers. For some reason it does not convince me it will hold under high stress maneuvers. I will definitely reinforce the sides and possibly add a smaller rod so the wings stay true, and not rely on only one pivot point. Besides that the airplane design and construction looks well built.

Comment

• The Sonic is a solid flying plane. If you have ever flown a Great Planes Super Sportster then you will be right at home...

Comment

• Move over OX - my turn.

Flew several batteries and everything was okay. Went up again and flew abit, motor started pulsing, turned back toward the field, motor quit completely and it went into a dive, pulled full up elevator and nothing happened - then it the ground. Had to go get it out of a soybean field next to our flying field. Battery still had 3.85 per cell so I am flummoxed. DO the post mortem tomorrow and see what I can figure out. When I rebuild it, I will put in a UBEC so I can keep control if the battery is okay.
                                  Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Dang! We're turning this into the Look What I Wrecked Today thread!

Sorry for your loss, Jack. Look into the Scorpion Battery Backup. It has a 2S-500nah battery which only activates if the RX bus voltage drops below 5v. I had been running it in my F-86, but took it out when I was trying to drive the CG back. Big mistake... fatal mistake.
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

• Sorry about the plane Jack, but glad to hear that you will be rebuilding! Hope that you can get it back in the air soon.

This morning I flew my Little Bird, FMS P-47, and the Freewing F-14. All flew fantastic, and luckily no signs of any water damage from last weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                        Dang! We're turning this into the Look What I Wrecked Today thread!
                                        LOL I'll take the blame as the leader of this event.
                                        The Squawk does have such a thread for showing of your bits n pieces ;)
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• I actually thought that I had started it, when I trashed my F-86 a couple weeks ago.
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X