X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful view G-Man!

Day: 401 I got out a neglected B-17, the some big T-28 followed up by some FPV and some 3D on the Crack Yak.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170827_161058148_iOS.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	94356

Name:	20170827_160005335_iOS.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	94357
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Well, dead sticks in barely 10 feet of altitude did not leave me much room to correct, there were people flying on the right side of the field and decided to take off from a small corner close to the wire fence.

Turned out to be a very bad idea, dead sticks, low wing equals immediate loss of altitude, no elevator or gliding could help me from the inevitable.

Thats the wire link it clipped to. It sure is a very nice to fly, behaves like a warplane, banks, lines well after turning, easy to work on airplane.

Am going to buy another and use this one for spare parts.

Comment

• Dang Crankestien sorry to see that. :(I dont blame you. If you find a:Cool: plane you like you go for it. Unfortunately most of my old nitros are long discontinued but they still fly every chance i get. Even though i have to clean up the leftover mess. Just something about the smell and sound.EXEHILARATING. I LOVE IT.:)
        Dewey l

Comment

• What a bummer. The Sonic is fun to fly... TI, who makes the B-17 in the pics? IS that the HK version?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            TI, who makes the B-17 in the pics? IS that the HK version?
            Yes, HK stocks them the manufacturer is Sonic.
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• They look pretty nice!!! Thanks!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                They look pretty nice!!! Thanks!!!
                They're great flying planes.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Those B-17 with all those prop make a very nice realistic sound, at least the ones seen at the field.

They look very much to scale. So far my first electric is a Sbach 342 which have not flown yet, bought second had for a good deal.

In a way it was my fault, should have waited and take off from the center of the field. Included is a pic of the club area. Many times those soy and corn fields have saved the day, not this time.

And should have cleared the engine before taking off and not letting it load up so much. Its alright, part of this hobby, and the Sonic was a freebie from a fellow friend. Last I checked about 40 dollars on a set of wings at TH.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	94403 Club Picnic today. Still waiting for parts for my Yak so flew my old standby, the SIG Somethin Extra.
                    Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• SO how do you get the photo to be large size to begin with? I always upload them, then I do not get the option about picture size until I post the reply and then hit edit, and at least as it shows to me, I see one small one and one large one?

Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• I had a great day at the field today. I maidened my new-to-me FMS 1.7m P-51D "Ferocious Frankie." She took off well, trimmed out easily, and flew great. Unfortunately, when I dropped gear to land, one of the Mains refused to drop, even after multiple cycles. So, I was forced to belly land. No big deal. No damage. I suspect that the retract has a bad read switch. I've heard a least a few warbirders complaining about the larger FMS retracts. Hopefully, the fix will be relatively easy.

I won a QQ Extra 300 at raffle last weekend. I maidened it yesterday, and today, I ran 5 or 6 batteries through it. Wow!! What an amazing plane! I spent most of the time, just banging on the sticks to see what she'd do (I'm not a 3D'er), and never got into trouble. Even on the other 3D-capable planes that I have (Night Visionaire and EFlite Viking), I rarely fly in 3D rates because the AS3X causes oscillations, unless you're flying really slowly (obviously, such as for 3D'ing). On the QQ Extra 300, I stayed in 3D mode the entire time for all types of flying (including high-speed, relatively speaking). This plane is so incredible that this warbirder is actually going to start practicing some 3D flying. LOL One thing that I did learn today. The QQ Extra does not like low-C batteries. After running all of my 50C and 70C 3S batteries, I put in a 25C battery (Predator brand, IIRC). After 5 minutes of flight that low-C battery was incredibly puffed up and was too hot to handle. The swelling reduced as it cooled though. I don't think that I ruined that battery, but I marked it, so that I can watch it closely during future flights.

Also ran multiple batteries through my FlightLine P-38 and Freewing Me-262. Both of those planes are more fun to fly than they should be. It's also fun that everyone in my club loves to watch them fly as much as I enjoy flying them.
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                          I had a great day at the field today. I maidened my new-to-me FMS 1.7m P-51D "Ferocious Frankie." She took off well, trimmed out easily, and flew great. Unfortunately, when I dropped gear to land, one of the Mains refused to drop, even after multiple cycles. So, I was forced to belly land. No big deal. No damage. I suspect that the retract has a bad read switch. I've heard a least a few warbirders complaining about the larger FMS retracts. Hopefully, the fix will be relatively easy.
                          Here's a fix that will fix the retracts for good.
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Here's a fix that will fix the retracts for good.
                            Thanks, TI!!
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                              Beautiful view G-Man!

Day: 401 I got out a neglected B-17, the some big T-28 followed up by some FPV and some 3D on the Crack Yak.

Name:	20170827_161058148_iOS.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	94356

Name:	20170827_160005335_iOS.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	94357
                              That is one nice looking plane. Can I ask what brand is it? Where did you get? I want one.
                              My YouTube Channel

Comment

• Originally posted by jobinseattle View Post

That is one nice looking plane. Can I ask what brand is it? Where did you get? I want one.

Sonic 1875mm B-17 from Hobbyking
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• If you ever want to get rid of it TI, I know a nice home, just don't tell the wife!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• I have one for sale right now...I have six of them and only fly a couple of them...I wish you lived closer.
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Yeah, me too, one for the bucket list. If I ever get down that way, we gotta fly together.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by jackcutrone View Post
                                        SO how do you get the photo to be large size to begin with? I always upload them, then I do not get the option about picture size until I post the reply and then hit edit, and at least as it shows to me, I see one small one and one large one?
                                        Am not sure if you are asking me, but anyway, I select the little camera then upload, NOT the add attachment option, and thats how I get the smaller pic to then enlarge. All of them are uploaded using my mobile phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post

Am not sure if you are asking me, but anyway, I select the little camera then upload, NOT the add attachment option, and thats how I get the smaller pic to then enlarge. All of them are uploaded using my mobile phone.
                                          Thanks - will give it a try

Comment

Working...
                                          X