Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hung out with a couple of buddies at the flying field today. One took some photos of my planes in the air and the other guarded them when they were on the ground.

Comment

• nice photos!
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	94915 After a couple of weeks of buddy-boxing an Elfite Habu, I solo'ed it today. It's an older one I got from a club member to get used to EDF's in preparation for the Avanti, although the guys in the club told me that the Habu is a bit trickier to fy than the Avanti.

Woo-Hoo
        Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• way to go Jack! Good luck with the Avanti

Comment

• Seaviper - thanks, am looking forward to it.
            Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	346.9 KB ID:	95007Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	115.3 KB ID:	95008 WVRailfan - here is one of my planes, which I call the Woflie plane along with Wolfie. Also a closeup of the cockpit with Wolfie (not quite to scale) and a pilot figure on which I painted my grey-black moustache. Love that dog.

Jack

Comment

• Awesome, Jack! I love it.
                ---
                Warbirder

Comment

• That's pretty dang cool...I may have to do a "Spanky" plane.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Great deal Jack.

Nice jet.

Comment

• Flew the Convergence VTOL last evening. This is a new airframe, after the old one just decided to fly into a fence at full throttle and a 45 degree angle.... I am going to do this one up like a Star Wars shuttle.:Cool:

Comment

• It is going to be soggy in WV for the first half of the long weekend, so I cut grass at the flying filed and snuck in a couple of flights with the Dynam WACO yesterday.

Comment

• Day 406: Got in an early flight on the Flightline F8F, what an awesome plane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170901_135113398_iOS.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	95157
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I flew the Goshawk yesterday. Maiden voyage + two more flights. Hope to get in some good flying this weekend before the rain.

Comment

• Day 408: Gorgeous day at David Crockett campground flying the Crack Yak.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0744.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	280.2 KB
ID:	95385
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• TI that Bearcat looks good

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                  TI that Bearcat looks good
                                  Crazy good flying plane!
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Flew the T-45 again today for three more flights on stock power. Excellent.

Comment

• Seaviper, your T-45 flights looked great. It looks like it struggles a bit to get off the grass. I've been thinking off and on about getting a T-45.

I had a great day at the field today. Coached my daughter, flying her UMX Cub J-3. She doing well, but still lacks self confidence more than anything. I flew my QQ Extra 300, five or six times, my Schwalbe three times, and my P-38 once. I screwed up my P-38 landing and let the plane get a tad too slow; it stalled a wingtip about 3 feet off the ground and touched down nose-gear first. That little mistake will cost me a nose retract/trunion unit. Grrrrr. The stupid mistakes hurt the worst... my pride more than plane. :-/

Here's a composite of my three Schwalbe sorties today. I really, really love flying this plane!!
                                      ---
                                      Warbirder

Comment

• No struggles now. It gets airborne in about the same distance as my 80mm Super Scorpion did. Somewhere around 150ft. It has positive acceleration in the climb out too with stock power. I was going to re-power it but have since changed my mind as today's flights were fun and no stress on takeoff. Everything got better after I cycled my new Admiral 6s 5000's about 4 times. Before that it was rather weak.

I love the Schwalbe. Good bird. I have a couple of my Schwalbe flights on the youtube channel

Comment

• Seaviper, you must have the 12-blade higher-kV powerplants. Your Schwalbe takes off with much more authority than my 6-blader. Isn't this plane an absolute joy to fly? If I were videoing my face during the flights, I'd probably be grinning ear-to-ear the whole flight.
                                          ---
                                          Warbirder

Comment

Working...
                                          X