Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah in the video its the newer one with the 12 blade fans. I think it takes off in like 20ft. It's really a nice bird. The thing I that I didn't like about it was the warped wings and split flaps. Also I modded the nose for a little more support. I am sure I posted details here somewhere on the board. It's a really good flyer. You will enjoy it.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I probably have nearly 2 dozen flights on my 262 by now. I'd picked it up at a swap meet for a heck of a great price. The original owner had broken and repaired the nose. I reinforced the nose better, and it's been flying like a champ. It struggles a little in the summer grass on our field, and I had to remove the gear doors, but it's never failed to rotate. Once airborne, she purrs.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• FINALLY got my A-10 back on her feet with the new nose gear. Uneventful flight and landing. The best kind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	newnosegear.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	95709
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Nice

Comment

• Grats mate

Comment

• Gorgeous day to fly the Carbon Z L-4 Grasshopper

Name:	IMG_8659.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	95882

TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Man you make jealous TI!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                  Gorgeous day to fly the Carbon Z L-4 Grasshopper

Name:	IMG_8659.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	95882
                  Awesome custom work on the Carbon Z!

Comment

• I flew two "Bulls" & a "Bear" today! 2 flights each. 1 flight on the radian. Tried 6s in the Rare bear! Working on the video now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epPYhrhms2g
                    Last edited by CZ Flyer; Sep 9, 2017, 04:55 PM. Reason: video

Comment

• Did the maiden on my A-4, and two more flights on the A-10. She looks so much better now that I've dirtied her up!

Pat

Comment

• Did a little float flying today. Pulse 15e and Timber. I prefer the Pulse on floats MUCH more than the Timber. I think that I'll put the wheels back on Timby. On the third flight of the Pulse, though, my ESC died, but I was able to coast in for landing near shore.

Name:	DSC06647.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	96380Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06857.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	96381
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• That carbon z photo is a desktop background material for sure...

nothing better than a nice no wind blue sky day!

am still waiting for my 4S batteries to fly my first brushless, I'll continue today w the .52 on a high wing.

Comment

• Flew all day yesterday...

Name:	IMG_8692.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	96414
                            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• G'day gang,
                              I managed two flights with my 1400mm FMS Duchess Arlene Mustang today.
                              Plus a flight doing some instructing with a high wing something or other glow.
                              This trainer aircraft went straight up like it was tail heavy, after it left the ground, rolled viciously to the right, got inverted, nose down and all I could think of was 'holy ****!'
                              I managed to tame it and get it back straight and sort of level and commenced to trim the machine using all of the left trim and needing as much again.
                              The pitch up was awful and the owner was telling me how he did not want to fly it in this condition as he would crash it. I was not far from doing that as it stood!
                              I had now gained the attention of other pilots who were all telling me how easy the model was to fly last Wednesday and that it was obviously a pig right now.
                              That was very helpful information..........not.
                              Now, before any one asks, yes, I did a complete check of the model including CG, throws [free and correct movement] wing alignment to the fuselage and tail plane, warps etc. In fact I spent half an hour with the owner just checking everything......there was one thing I did not see.
                              Wing incidence. The owner had duly bolted the wing on [a centre bolt at the trailing edge with dowls securing the leading edge]. And all looked and felt fine to the cursory tug I gave it.
                              What I could not see was the aileron servo wire had caught between the wing and the fuselage at the leading edge. Lifting the leading edge somewhat.
                              I had seen the model fly early in the morning and it seemed to fly like it was on rails. What I did not see, was the owner take the wing off to adjust something and he had not been careful enough when replacing it. This happened while I doing my first flight with DA. I do not have eyes in the back of my head.
                              Somewhat remarkably, I actually managed to get the aircraft on the ground with a greaser of a landing no less.
                              The wing was removed to see what was going on and because it lifted off from the rear, the servo wire was not seen to be in the way, until I was able to see the squash mark in the top of the fuselage.
                              The model had its wing re fitted and flew like it was on rails for the next test flight.
                              Now does this have a happy ending.......no way!
                              We were getting ready to fly when another new member of club blundered along with his Bixler held out in front of him, blocking his view and crunch, he stepped right on the tail plane of the other model.
                              My student did not get to fly his model today and the conditions were perfect for a beginner.
                              Should I have checked for trapped servo leads? Normally I would have but I had seen the machine flying that morning and had witnessed it to be flying nicely indeed. But I was unaware that the wing had been removed while I was flying.
                              Sometimes, IT just happens.
                              Regards and respect
                              Daryl

Comment

• Got some good wind training in on the T-45 yesterday!

Comment

• P51B and the Tigercat yesterday and the the Avanti and the Pitts today!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Today's lineup at the field. Fantastic day for flying, despite the 90 degree crosswind. The big A-10 didn't even notice.

Comment

• Late evening flight with the A-10...

Name:	20170910_235843216_iOS.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	96499
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Fun day flying formation with 2 FL F7F Tigercats

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                          Late evening flight with the A-10...
                                          I just love dusk flying with the A-10 (and the F-14 for that matter)!
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X