Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few weeks ago, I picked up a new-to-me FMS 1.7m P-51D "Ferocious Frankie" from a club member who was down sizing his fleet. The Mustang was in great shape, except that the right retract was suffering from the systemic read switch problem. I replaced the retract motor/trunion assembly, cycling the snot out of the retracts. This is my first 1.7m plane (stepping up from the 1.6m P-38 and Spit IX). Yesterday, I flew it. Wow! I loved it. It wasn't overpowered by any stretch of the imagination, but it flew very scale. Takeoff, flight, and landing were sooooooo easy. I love my FlightLine P-38 and Freewing Me-262, and FL Spit, but this Mustang is definitely my favorite tail-dragger warbird. It's such a peach. Bounced my landings, but I'll dial them in, in future flights.
    ---
    Warbirder

Comment

• Nice job!
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Grats mate.

Comment

• I got in 7 flights today! My wife made her first attempt at filming RC today as well. Fun day. Fire ants everywhere though. But the A-4 just didn't seem to care.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0037.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	100185

Comment

• Day 447

Got a few flights on the E-Flite 1100mm PT-17...this is a very nice plane with crazy scale detail...it also flys great!

Name:	20171012_223024493_iOS.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	100262

TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                A few weeks ago, I picked up a new-to-me FMS 1.7m P-51D "Ferocious Frankie" from a club member who was down sizing his fleet. The Mustang was in great shape, except that the right retract was suffering from the systemic read switch problem. I replaced the retract motor/trunion assembly, cycling the snot out of the retracts. This is my first 1.7m plane (stepping up from the 1.6m P-38 and Spit IX). Yesterday, I flew it. Wow! I loved it. It wasn't overpowered by any stretch of the imagination, but it flew very scale. Takeoff, flight, and landing were sooooooo easy. I love my FlightLine P-38 and Freewing Me-262, and FL Spit, but this Mustang is definitely my favorite tail-dragger warbird. It's such a peach. Bounced my landings, but I'll dial them in, in future flights.
                I just got one of these too! Built it Saturday morning and maiden in the afternoon. As you said what an absolute peach, first flight and not a single click of trim, which surprised me considering how quickly I put it together lol!
                Definitely not over powered! Mines got the later higher kv motor and that still needs a bit more grunt. I'm tempted to swop out the motor and esc but it flew so well for now I'm going to just enjoy it.

Comment

• Day 453: Put a couple batteries through the big L4 today...

Name:	20171018_192808354_iOS.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	100883

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Dang TI you have the coolest toys sitting around.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                      Dang TI you have the coolest toys sitting around.
                      It's for sale :)
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I'm sure for a phenomenal feeLOL

Comment

• $15K
                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Not bad for an all terrain all weather plane hauler.

Comment

• Where were ya hiding that beast when I was there??
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                Where were ya hiding that beast when I was there??
                                New acquisition ;)
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

New acquisition ;)
                                  A couple posts ago you said for sale, must be buyer remorse:P and wanting the moolah for your shelter remediation;)LOL
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

A couple posts ago you said for sale, must be buyer remorse:P and wanting the moolah for your shelter remediation;)LOL
                                    Buy, Sell, Trade...I don't keep them long ;)
                                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Besides it don't have tracks and a big Gun.:)
                                      Dewey l

Comment

• Here's todays flyers

Comment

• Must have been a great day, two super planes. Windy Wyoming is living up to her name lately. 20 mph is classified as a breeze, we were getting 50 mph plus last night, about 30 mph right now. Had my E flite Spitty up last weekend. No wind when I took off, all of a sudden, boom, the sock is straight out and gusting, Diane had to grab BBD as her prop spooled up like she was taking off. Had to do a severe cross wind landing with the Spitty then run to grab her before the wind did. Been blowing ever since!!
                                          Too bad too as the sun is out and perfect otherwise:Angry:

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X