Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same here, had a mainly dry and bright weekend but winds up to 40mph has kept me grounded. I'm off on a work trip to Portugal now and have brought a Wots Wot foam-e bi plane, blade 550x heli and my umx p-47 with me. Weather's looking promising there, so fingers crossed for some flights :Cool:

Comment

• Wasn't sure if I should put this here, or over on the Cirrus thread, but this makes more sense.

First decent day in over a week here. I flew my freshly half wrapped and half painted E-Flite Cirrus just before sunset.

This plane is kind of like a 21st century version of a Cub, or Cessna, not overly sporty, just fun and relaxing to fly and watch.

Comment

• The Cirrus landing was superb, the flashing lights add to the realism. Did enjoy the video a lot, w the backdrop sunset.

Comment

• I wonder why I can’t see the video?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
            I wonder why I can’t see the video?
            Maybe if you try a direct link? It is at Vimeo so it should be easy to access. Try going to https://vimeo.com/240083077

Comment

• Great video! Beautiful plane and fall colors. I love how the metal flake sparkles in the Sun light. Good job!

Comment

• Sneaked in a couple flights on the T-45 (been down a month for rebuild and repaint) and one flight on the A4. 2 flights on the rebuilt T45 and 29 flights on the A4 so far.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20171027_133923.jpg Views:	1 Size:	203.2 KB ID:	101984
                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• T-45 looks sweet!
                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                    I wonder why I can’t see the video?
                    The same thing happens to me, am using Firefox, and also get the same result on my mobile phone.
                    Not sure if there is a restriction from the carrier in terms of bandwidth, or security script.

I had to copy the link and watch it in a new browser, or if you click the link below it should work by opening automatically.

This is "Fall RC Flying" by James Butler on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

• Day 463: Nasty, cold, rainy day...so it's Cub time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171028_185602041_iOS.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	102080

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171028_185838118_iOS.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	102079
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• The temp is manageable in IL, its the wind that hurts, gets between my eye glasses and hurts badly.
                        I charged up the 4S and 5S batteries and took the rc truggy, ARRMA Talion for a spin on a construction site. Lets say I did some flying with the truggy, a lot of fun, not one broken part jump after jump.

From what it seems, you charge up, open the patio door and off you go flying. Its thats the case, cant get any better than that.

Comment

• Great day for flying, had BBD and Pandora one up. Some nice relaxing flying. For some reason, the rudder servo on BBD packed it in and so it was time to do some work on her. P-1 flew fine but the clevis on the tail wheel came off so I replaced the clevis with a Dubro one I got at Nefi so she's good again.
                          Don't know whether its just me, but her motor seems to be getting a little tired, I have a spare and I just got the spring for the front gear door on the Avanti thanks to Mach 9 for sending it over, so that's tomorrows project. New wings are on their way for the Bearcat so that's next weeks project.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            New wings are on their way for the Bearcat so that's next weeks project.
                            Grossman56
                            A new mishap or are you just getting around to the NEFI repair??
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• They were okay, but the L/G hardpoints were weakened and have popped out a couple of times, they're due to be replaced, so the whole outside will be new for Spring.
                              While I'm thinking of it, what do you think of th idea of replacing the Tigercat 600kv's with 650 kv's?
                              Seems to me that I could stick with the stock props and ESC's and make it go to eleven??

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Jimmy Page and Nigel in the same package? Too much of everything is just enough G-man- do it!

Comment

• Gman, twin 650s really ought to give it some kick! Especially if you swapped to those LX B-25 props that Ti uses as well. Might have to check out the amperage though. Vertical would go for miles!

I brought both the Little Bird and Apache out to our Scale fly event at the field today. Unfortunately, due to the "colder" temperatures (mid 40s and 50s) today , hardly anyone showed up. I'm still used to MN weather, so I was happy to fly! Hardly any wind at all, and it was right down the runway. Got in 6 flights on the Little Bird and even practiced some running takeoffs and landings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    While I'm thinking of it, what do you think of th idea of replacing the Tigercat 600kv's with 650 kv's?
                                    Seems to me that I could stick with the stock props and ESC's and make it go to eleven??

Grossman56
                                    What 650's are you thinking of? PM me with the details and we'll see if we can figure something out.
                                    I've been also pondering the idea of a kick butt power plant and get this Tiger to really roar. LOL
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I brought both the Little Bird and Apache out to our Scale fly event at the field today. Unfortunately, due to the "colder" temperatures (mid 40s and 50s) today , hardly anyone showed up. I'm still used to MN weather, so I was happy to fly! Hardly any wind at all, and it was right down the runway. Got in 6 flights on the Little Bird and even practiced some running takeoffs and landings.
                                      very nice choppers you have there :Cool:

Comment

• Wow, those choppers look sick. It sure has the cool factor.

The same happens in the field I go to here in IL, almost nobody shows up, I have the field all to myself. :)

Comment

• Thanks guys, the choppers are so much fun! Hoping to finally get all the kinks worked out of the Apache soon so it can join the Little Bird in my rotation.

Comment

Working...
                                          X