X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
    Had a great day at the field today, no wind to speak of and 4 hours of fun flying. Brought out the whole lineup, and got 2 flights on each bird and back in time for Turkey!
    DD........I really like the redo on your Razor after the frontal explosion rebuild. :Cool:It's inspiring me to freshen mine up.;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I got to go flying today with George Baker and some others at JCRC. Brought out the Stinger 90, 90mm A-10, Stinkbug, 70mm Bae Hawk and SU-47.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171124_122318.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	105377

Name:	20171124_122344(0).jpg
Views:	337
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	105378

After a 6 minute flight on my Hawk, this is what was left and the battery was barely warm. RT 5800 35C.

Name:	20171124_133217.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	105379

But at the end of the day there was one casualty.... after picking up the pieces there wasn't a single blade left on the fans I have never seen anything like it before. At the end of the runway at lift off it just went crazy. Flew fine the last time it was up and the only thing I did to it was fix the canards so they could not move. Ah well... if you are gonna fly 'em you are gonna crash 'em. She was a perty ship...

Name:	20171124_124420.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	105380

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

DD........I really like the redo on your Razor after the frontal explosion rebuild. :Cool:It's inspiring me to freshen mine up.;)
        Thanks WC! I am looking forward to seeing what you have up in store for yours. :Cool:

Comment

• Sorry Steve....... :(
          I'm thinking your cost per flight was a lot more than my A-10 :P LOL Damit...........:Angry: :Not-Talking:
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Meh.... I win more than I lose so its all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
              Meh.... I win more than I lose so its all good.
              I'm 99.999% sure the blades let go on takeoff and it just fell out of the sky.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• It was really kind of a funky day (Bad MoJo), there were several near misses. I took my HSD 105mm F-16 to maiden but it just didn't feel right so I put her back in the van.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                  It was really kind of a funky day (Bad MoJo), there were several near misses. I took my HSD 105mm F-16 to maiden but it just didn't feel right so I put her back in the van.
                  I know about that karma feeling. Wish it wasn't such a hit or miss feeling and that I had been tingling before our entanglement.:Scared:
                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Flew the P-47, B-17, F-104, Apache, and attempted to maiden my Navy Cub today. The cub made it about 15 ft down the runway before the gear collapsed and sheared off (PM inbound to TI for metal gear..). The rest of the day wasn't incident free either. The 104 had the nosewheel get hung up in flight, and only deployed about 15 degrees despite numerous cycle attempts. I brought it down as best I could, but the pitot tube was destroyed, and there is some foam damage to fix up on the nose, but is otherwise unharmed. Also managed to get a few cool shots of the B-17 and P-47 in the air.

Comment

• Day 498: I got down my old Catalina that I learned to fly with, she's beat to crap but still flys even with several ounces of Foam-Tac in her.

Name:	20171202_182530406_iOS.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	391.9 KB
ID:	106799
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Another great day of gluing yesterday. Flew the A-10 on my new Roaring Top 5800s for 4.5 minutes, and landed with 60% left! Went back up for another 4 minutes coming down at 15%. This bird never ceases to amaze me!

Comment

• Couldn't pass up good flying weather in December here in Iowa. F-86 and P-38 ready to roll!
                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                            Couldn't pass up good flying weather in December here in Iowa. F-86 and P-38 ready to roll!
                            I've always liked the looks of your F-86...

Comment

• Yes, thanks. On sunny days like today. It's more visible than the silver.
                              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Third day in a row of incredible December weather for Chicago area, mid - 50's. winds 6-8, sunny - woo-hoo - the last hurrah for the year most likely.

:)
                                Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Day 499: Flew an old FMS G-Kemy

Name:	IMG_9104.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	106974
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    Day 499: Flew an old FMS G-Kemy

Name:	IMG_9104.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	106974
                                    Is that one you have had in your hangar?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Is that one you have had in your hangar?
                                      I got it from Anthony the other day.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• What should I fly tomorrow for Day 500?
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• 105mm F-16!

Comment

Working...
                                          X