X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
    Excellent OV10! excellent! I will requisition a set of those asap.

Jet formation flight today.

Here are some still shots from today's adventures. Temperature low 40sF, wind about 360@5. Cold as you know what
    Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot from 2017-12-28 18-09-46.png Views:	1 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	110694Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot from 2017-12-28 17-34-08.png Views:	1 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	110691Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot from 2017-12-28 18-10-46.png Views:	1 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	110690Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot from 2017-12-28 17-44-34.png Views:	1 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	110692Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot from 2017-12-28 17-36-51.png Views:	1 Size:	1.53 MB ID:	110693
    Awesome
    Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• I have a new RocHobby Nemesis and I can't get the CG right. With a 4S 2700 all the way forward against the firewall, it is still at least 5mm tail heavy (50mm from the front of the wing). Even with a 4S 3300 all the way forward, it is almost the same. It requires some down trim to fly, but on take off, it noses over without the immediate application of some up elevator immediately. Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogerb View Post
        I have a new RocHobby Nemesis and I can't get the CG right. With a 4S 2700 all the way forward against the firewall, it is still at least 5mm tail heavy (50mm from the front of the wing). Even with a 4S 3300 all the way forward, it is almost the same. It requires some down trim to fly, but on take off, it noses over without the immediate application of some up elevator immediately. Any ideas?
        That’s a strange case. Upon takeoff it’s nose heavy and noses over, but in flight it’s tail heavy?

I would check a few things:

1. Is elevator trim in the correct spot? Check the manual for correct mm spot.
        2. This is a dumb one, but we’ve all done it most likely. Make sure up is “up”, and down is “down” on your transmitter.
        3. If it’s nosing over on takeoff then the battery placement may be too far forward.
        4. And if it’s tail heavy in flight then there may a combination of the above mentioned areas of concern. Including the battery being too far back p, along with incorrect trim.

It sounds like a couple of things may be happening in sync. Not sure if you’re a nube or experienced pilot, but if there’s someone else around who you can use as a second set of eyes then have them look at it too.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

• I have seen another one of these planes do the same exact thing. The pilot could hardly get it off the ground because it kept nosing over. Make sure your landing gear are not bent back as well. If the gear are positioned close to the CG even a slight change can make a difference. Are you flying off of grass? If so, initially getting it moving can be a challenge.

Comment

• Run through the definitive in flight CG/trim tests.

Allstream is a North American supplier of business voice, collaboration, connectivity and managed IT solutions. Get mission-critical business solutions.

You have to do the tests and corrections IN ORDER because if step 1 is wrong all following steps that depend upon that setting being correct will be wrong.
            Exception is the control throw settings are based on the needs for RC Pattern Aerobatics competition and may not be the correct rates to fly your style.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
              I have seen another one of these planes do the same exact thing. The pilot could hardly get it off the ground because it kept nosing over. Make sure your landing gear are not bent back as well. If the gear are positioned close to the CG even a slight change can make a difference. Are you flying off of grass? If so, initially getting it moving can be a challenge.
              I'll add to also check the toe of the gear. If the wheels are not straight, then it's like having the brakes on, and the pull of the prop will drive the nose down.
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                Run through the definitive in flight CG/trim tests.

Allstream is a North American supplier of business voice, collaboration, connectivity and managed IT solutions. Get mission-critical business solutions.

You have to do the tests and corrections IN ORDER because if step 1 is wrong all following steps that depend upon that setting being correct will be wrong.
                Exception is the control throw settings are based on the needs for RC Pattern Aerobatics competition and may not be the correct rates to fly your style.
                Good resource - some of those I had never heard of before. Thanks.
                Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Too darn cold here to enjoy the flying.:Angry:

Comment

• Our club is having a traditional New Year's day fun fly tomorrow. High of 24 forecast. I dunno about fun, numb maybe.... reminds me of the Polar Bear club. Take your pick, jump in a lake or fly RC planes in the dead of Winter...not sure I would call it fun. :Silly:

Comment

• I'm ABSOLUTELY SURE it's not fun.
                      Chatted with TJ yesterday and we both are going to forego this areas New Years Day fun fly because it is only gonna be 10.
                      May be old but not stupid. LOL
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• LOL:)LOL:):saywha

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Yep ass biting cold here :Devil: high mid 20's and lows of 4 :Angry:

Comment

• minus 8 and dropping here!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• I share your pain.. it's -12 here in MN. Too cold to even take the full scale out :Silly:.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                I share your pain.. it's -12 here in MN. Too cold to even take the full scale out :Silly:.
                                Yeah........nothing like a carb ice over:Scared:.......... NOT
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• It's a balmy 15 here going down to 8 later today.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Yeah........nothing like a carb ice over:Scared:.......... NOT
                                    Luckily the Enstrom is fuel injected, so we're good there, but the plexiglass bubble becomes brittle at these kind of temps. Don't want to risk any cracking :saywha

Comment

• Club is having its annual New Year's Day event but I am going to miss it for the first time. Supposed to be high of 4 with wind chill of -28. Think I will sit by the fire instead.

Jack

Comment

• Good call Jack, I'm alternating between the basement/hangar and the PC

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Day 527: Flew the F-105 in 10mph wind and 22 degrees, we have our New Year's Day Fly-In tomorrow and it's supposed to be 9 degrees.
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X