X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

:Crying2: I guess this means that "annihilator" is gonna have to meet the "Macerator" @ NEFI :Devil: LOL
    I wondered how long that would take you to notice...I crashed it yesterday...(broke prop) flying inverted under the wire and touching the tail on the runway...I touched it a little too much and caught the prop on the ground :Silly:
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I wondered how long that would take you to notice...I crashed it yesterday...(broke prop) flying inverted under the wire and touching the tail on the runway...I touched it a little too much and caught the prop on the ground :Silly:
      Ouch - Sorry to hear it
      Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Day 578: Crazy beautiful day...73, sunny and wind coming straight down the runway.

Got the Corsair back together and flew it, then I maidened my Durafly BF-109E. While it was so nice I decided to do some runway maintenance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180220_232111476_iOS.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	119027

Name:	20180220_200534627_iOS.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	119028

Name:	20180220_214050046_iOS.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	119029

Name:	20180220_214031065_iOS.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	383.7 KB
ID:	119030
        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Luv the kill mark on the Corsair TI. Brings back memories of the gut wrenching sound of foam being shreaded through the bare branches of a tree. :Scared::a10 THWAACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            Luv the kill mark on the Corsair TI. Brings back memories of the gut wrenching sound of foam being shreaded through the bare branches of a tree. :Scared::a10 THWAACK!
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• TI what did you think about the Durafly 109?

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Comment

Luv the kill mark on the Corsair TI. Brings back memories of the gut wrenching sound of foam being shreaded through the bare branches of a tree. :Scared::a10 THWAACK!
                  Am just an old burly ex biker with broad shoulders and as such really luvs that his buds are bustin my stones LOL
                  That No A-10 emblem reminds me of the days when I ran a salmon charter boat on Ontario and I would fly a no-sailboat flag on the bow pulpit staff.:Smug:
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                    Am just an old burly ex biker with broad shoulders and as such really luvs that his buds are bustin my stones LOL
                    That No A-10 emblem reminds me of the days when I ran a salmon charter boat on Ontario and I would fly a no-sailboat flag on the bow pulpit staff.:Smug:
                    We love you Charlie!
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                      TI what did you think about the Durafly 109?
                      It's alright...flys good...out of the box it had a dead retract (loose wire on motor) and a dead servo.
                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• I have 9 or so flights on my DF 109E. It flies great. It's been very difficult to handle on the ground though. It'll taxi okay, but it's squirrelly on the takeoff run.
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

Yep, that it did. :Straight-Face:
                          AMA 424553

Comment

• So much sky, and two small airplanes......
                            I'm just surprised someone hasn't overdubbed machine guns on that video!!!
                            Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks for the reports on the Durafly 109 I was kinda interested in one but am waiting to for a few more reports on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                Thanks for the reports on the Durafly 109 I was kinda interested in one but am waiting to for a few more reports on it.
                                It's a good plane, nice detail for the price.
                                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• We fly a lot of formation. Sometimes the angle can fool you. We've had some close calls.
                                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                    We fly a lot of formation. Sometimes the angle can fool you. We've had some close calls.
                                    Keep some blue sky between planes vertically and then you know you won;t hit. Don't change from high to low or vice versa without blue between nose and tail.

or lead flies by 20-20 mod 1 eyeball and the rest fly by FPV. training the cameras to aim appropriately for their position in the formation.

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Wow.......the last two days in these neck of the woods were record breaking temps in the low 70's but NO FLYING today.
                                      It's 35F with a couple inches of white crap so far. I just don't have the gumption like George does.:P

Name:	IMG_0771.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	119412
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• No fpv. Just mark 1 mod 0 eyeballs. And as a rule, nose high goes high.

Comment

• duplicate post

Comment

Working...
                                          X