First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful morning in Ne Illinois

Comment

• Originally posted by Cack82 View Post
      Working on some better launch technology this afternoon.
      Hey, small world, that photo was taken at my airfield! Tony Nacaratto and others have flown those giant foam "paper airplanes". One of them is hanging from the ceiling at Smith Brothers Hobby Center. I've never flown it but they are very fun to watch.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I started my Presidents' Day Weekend a day early and went to the field. I flew a multinational Air Force: Freewing FW-190A, FMS A6M Zero, EFlite P-47D, EFlite Hurricane, Multiplex Pilatus Porter PC-6. Had multiple flights of each. No damage. Not Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5141.JPG Views:	1 Size:	73.6 KB ID:	63021 always perfect landings, but nothing broken.
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	zombiemaiden1.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	63048

Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	401.7 KB
ID:	63049..
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Man, I am jealous of you guys. I got all ready to go today and the wx went bad on me. I'm grounded until it improves.
            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Jug Floyd

---
              Warbirder

Comment

• Nice Oxotnik! Man that's a snappy bird! Looks really responsive...Landing? Naiiillled it. :Cool:
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Aros, it's the EFlite 1100mm P-47D. With the AS3X, it's ultra stable, yet very responsive. It is, by far, my easiest warbird to fly. With the stock 4-bladed prop, it was really slow. So, I went to the Extra 300 prop (10.5 x 9 x 2), which gave it a lot more top-end speed. This prop was marginal on the amp draw at WOT, so I upgraded to a 60A ESC to be on the safe side. When I flew it this time, I mistakenly ran a 4S pack, instead of the 3S (luckily, it had the 60A ESC). As you'd expect with a 4S, the top-end speed was noticeable faster. I'm going to put it on a Wattmeter with a 4S pack, but I suspect that it's okay with the 60A ESC, and this 4S mistake will probably become the new standard for my EFlite P-47D.

I really like that 1500mm FMS Razorback that you fly. I need one in my air wing!
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Flights from Thursday

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Oxotnik it sounds like you found your "sweet spot" with that setup. Very cool! Nice flight there seaviper!
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Beautiful morning for flying today, 3 flights on the P-47, 1 on the F-14, and 2 on the Sea Fury.

Comment

• Suddenly this afternoon, the wind completely disappeared. Put 4 flights on my 500 AH-6J. It's been such a long time since I flew it last, I forgot how nice of a flier it is.

Comment

• Very nice heli Delta!:Cool:
                            Roy B.

Comment

• Now that's a sweet looking heli!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Just got back in and settled after spending the day with Tired Iron Aviation and company. WOW! Only about an hour drive from me. What a wonderful laid back, fun time getting to see first hand the hangar/shop I have been admiring for some time now, meeting Tired Iron himself and a super bunch of guys he flys with and just getting to enjoy some flying and fellowship. It was so nice. I thank TI for the hospitality and friendship extended to me. I got to even eat some pizza and share some stories but mostly just listen to the history behind much of the memorabilia and planes surrounding us in the infamous pilot lounge!!:Cool:I got to fly my F-86, 6S Rare Bear, 1700mm F-4U Corsair and 1200mm E-Flight Spitfire Mk. XIV. I had a marvelous time. I don't think it ever got to the high that was predicted as it stayed mostly overcast all day but the winds were favorable and everyone had a good time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170218_145633.jpg Views:	1 Size:	188.0 KB ID:	63161Click image for larger version  Name:	20170218_145552_001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.1 KB ID:	63162Click image for larger version  Name:	20170218_144631.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.9 KB ID:	63163Click image for larger version  Name:	20170218_144600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.1 KB ID:	63164

Comment

• That's awesome! It's great to hear fellow Squawk members meeting up and putting a face to the user name!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks for the good words Steve, it was a great day in deed and can't wait to do it again! The Rare Bear was insane and you know I'm going to have to get the F-86 now ;)
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• The Rare Bear is definitely fast on 6S and a lot of fun to fly and the F-86 is just a sweet heart. If you get one I don't think you would be disappointed.

Comment

• The fly in looks like great fun guys! TI's field and lounge are looking top notch as always. TI, the F-86 is absolutley one of those planes that everyone should have in their collection. After 3 years, mine has been through multiple accidents, transport damage in cross-country moves, has flown off grass, sand, dirt, geotex, and pavement, and is still probably my favorite plane to fly. It is just a nice, relaxing, honest flying jet.

Comment

• +1 on everything you said.

Comment

Working...
                                          X