Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew my beloved E-flite Ascent on a glorious 65 degree pre-Spring day LOADED with thermals! :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	122383
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• My first flight of 2018 is with my SIG T-Clips 70. Went to the local school parking lot and soccer field. A Great flying plane!
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• EEEHay!!!!:Sun::bluecool
        Winer is officially over, no not the first day of Spring, but the first day of Flight, which is definitely more important, right???
        Took the Tigercat up for her first flight with the new motors and new gear.
        She has a bit more power now, I hit full throttle on take off which is SOP for me and before I knew it, she'200 feet up and still going for it!
        Retract gear and flaps and trim her out and have some fun. The wind was moderate on the ground but pretty thermally (new word, thermal as an adverb). flew the pattern to get back into shape and blow the rust off the brain program. I noticed that with full flaps, she's dropping pretty good, must have something to do with the increased weight of the new motors, although they aren't that much forward of the CG, anyway, checked the program when I landed and instead of 10% down with full flaps, I rolled it back to 7%, will see how that works next flight. She cruised right along at half throttle, about the speed of 3/4 throttle with the stock motors. Didn't do anything fancy other than a couple of rolls, stuck to my usual flight routine with her and landed after five minutes, checked the batteries, 64% on both, so the motors aren't power hogs either, which is great.
        Got two flights as that was all the batteries I charged before I couldn't stand it any longer and headed for the field :bluetongue

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Got some quick flights in this morning on the FMS 1700 Mustang and my HSD F-16, finally got a decent flight out of the F-16 which has had a few CG issues but was very pleased to get a good flight out of it and trimmed in very calm conditions.

Comment

• Day 597: Got in some FPV time in on the ZOHD Dart then did a few parachute drops with the Porter.

Name:	20180308_224522236_iOS.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	122436

Name:	20180311_225156176_iOS.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	122437
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• TiredIronGRB, what did you use to paint the camo plane?

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                TiredIronGRB, what did you use to paint the camo plane?
                Regular spray paint (Gillespie military paint).
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	28B92BB8-D6E0-478D-91C0-ABB70E08FF96.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	122527Click image for larger version  Name:	EF923F68-1628-43C2-A428-B33ADB079243.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	122528

Took my nephew out for a Couple of Carbon Z Cub flights. Largest plane he had ever flown was 47””.

It was a joy to watch him shocked at the power and the stability of a larger airframe. (Upgraded set up on the Z Cub)

It it was beautiful last Thursday when we flew. High of 87 Saturday, then the bottom fell out again. Down in the 30’s last night.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                    Click image for larger version Name:	EF923F68-1628-43C2-A428-B33ADB079243.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	122528

Took my nephew out for a Couple of Carbon Z Cub flights. Largest plane he had ever flown was 47””.

It was a joy to watch him shocked at the power and the stability of a larger airframe. (Upgraded set up on the Z Cub)
                    That smile says it all:Cool:
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Got to look at things with a positive view, those who have nice weather now, will have scorching temps in the next few months.

In the summer I don't need to worry about putting my foamie in the shade for unwanted gator skin, je je...

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                        Got to look at things with a positive view, those who have nice weather now, will have scorching temps in the next few months.

In the summer I don't need to worry about putting my foamie in the shade for unwanted gator skin, je je...
                        No doubt it'll be hot here in Texas! The plus factor though, is we get to fly all the way up until around mid-January before our short winter really hits us.

Where are you located, that you don't have to worry about putting your planes in the shade?

Comment

• Sky Wolf, the two photos of your nephew are great! Really captured the moment...
                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Awesome stuff, Skywolf! Like TI said, his smile says it all. :Cool:

Comment

• Bringing another one into the fold Skywolf He obviously had a great time keep em flying.

Comment

[

It it was beautiful last Thursday when we flew. High of 87 Saturday, then the bottom fell out again. Down in the 30’s last night.
                                Awesome! If I'm not mistaken he is getting ready to fly the SAE competition plane now. That's going to be quite the beast!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                  Awesome! If I'm not mistaken he is getting ready to fly the SAE competition plane now. That's going to be quite the beast!
                                  Yes, and he is so EXCITED about it. I may fly out to Cali to see them in the competition.

Comment

• Today... actually everyday the winds allow, I flew the Mini Apprentice trainer. Was a bit windy yesterday, so got some cross winds landing practice in. Couple of scary touch... touch... roll... and go, go, goes!!, but all in all did pretty well. LOL
                                    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	28B92BB8-D6E0-478D-91C0-ABB70E08FF96.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	114.9 KB ID:	122527Click image for larger version Name:	EF923F68-1628-43C2-A428-B33ADB079243.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	122528

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

That smile says it all:Cool:
                                      Yes it does... great pic right there! :Smug:
                                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• G'day gang,
                                        On my last Tuesday off until next summer, I took my Shangri La out to the field for three flights until the wind started its tricks and came roaring in at over thirty kilometres per hour.
                                        It was so strong that I could not turn the Mustang around on eighteen metres [wide] of runway and the wind got under the tail and lifted it giving me my first prop strike in ages. But it was not pilot error, this time.
                                        Another pilot with me was having the same issues trying to turn and he waited for a slight lull in the wind to turn but he was also flying a glow powered aircraft that was about two kilograms heavier then the Mustang.
                                        Oh, the weather was 28*C and calm until the wind whipped up and made it nasty.
                                        As soon as an easterly comes up at our field, it is time to pack up. Any other direction is fine, just not the easterly.
                                        We have a Cyclone warning issued now for the weekend so flying might be a case of a big sleep in on Sunday.
                                        Hope the weather is on the improve for all my mates who wish to fly.
                                        Regards and respect
                                        Daryl

Comment

• Day 600: I got several more flights on the P-15 today, before you guys start upgrading the power system please fly it...this thing is extremely fast but it will cruise around very slow with 1/4 throttle or less. I was thinking last night about how it wants to dive with WOT on I've been playing with throttle aileron mixing and have it at 15% and it seems to eliminate it. The pics below show my setup for the mix (plane is setup as a delta wing on the transmitter not on the receiver). I also tamed down the ailerons some more.

Name:	20180314_200815617_iOS.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	122947

Name:	20180314_200643116_iOS.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	122944

Name:	20180314_200719735_iOS.jpg