Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I flew my muse, my nemesis HSD F-16. First flight with new batteries (trying out the Roaring Top 5500 70C's) and I miscalculated the CG. Turns out the CG was tail heavy (it's not easy finger-testing a model this big and heavy) and my gyro decided to reverse the roll axis. So both elements created this circus flight you can all behold for amusement. No pants were soiled....Barely.

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      Today I flew my muse, my nemesis HSD F-16. First flight with new batteries (trying out the Roaring Top 5500 70C's) and I miscalculated the CG. Turns out the CG was tail heavy (it's not easy finger-testing a model this big and heavy) and my gyro decided to reverse the roll axis. So both elements created this circus flight you can all behold for amusement. No pants were soiled....Barely.
      :Scared:

Nice recovery, though. :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks! Flight Angels...Gotta love 'em. LOL
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Jeez Aros - for me that would be a great flight
          Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5434.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	346.0 KB
ID:	123872
            Not as exciting but here's what I flew - temp near 60, sunny and winds 3-8 - doesn't get any better than that in northern Illinois in March. Weather the rest of this week is downhill.
            Aeromaster 35% Extra 260 (under construction), Hanger 9 40 size P51, SIG Somethin' Extra, Hanger 9 40 size Super Stick, Eflite F4U-1A Corsair, Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54, Freewing Panther F9F, 1/5 scale Piper L4 (in box), Addiction XL (in box), Parkzone Super Cub, Eflite UM's F-16, P51, Revolution & Spitfire, Durafly Das Ugly Stick, Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak & Mini Crack Yak, Align T-Rex 600, Motion RC Avanti (under construction)

Comment

• The only thing I flew today was an Airbus A321 from Phoenix to Dallas. I'm here until Thursday night, and my F-4 arrives on Tuesday. Gonna be hard to concentrate on work! :)
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by jackcutrone View Post
                Jeez Aros - for me that would be a great flight
                LOL Thanks my friend but it looked much worse from my vantage point.
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  The only thing I flew today was an Airbus A321 from Phoenix to Dallas. I'm here until Thursday night, and my F-4 arrives on Tuesday. Gonna be hard to concentrate on work! :)
                  Pat, let us know if you have time to meet up for a beverage and snacks/dinner one evening while you're here in Dallas. Dave "Dahawk" and I are both within a few minutes of Big D. Would love to meet ya without having to travel all the way west.

Comment

The only thing I flew today was an Airbus A321 from Phoenix to Dallas. I'm here until Thursday night, and my F-4 arrives on Tuesday. Gonna be hard to concentrate on work! :)
                    I extend the same invitation as Anthony, except I'm a tad farther to the south. Would be great to meet you in person!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I extend the same invitation as Anthony, except I'm a tad farther to the south. Would be great to meet you in person!
                      LOL, you and I have already met once. It was at the electric event in Chino Valley before you moved. ;)
                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by jackcutrone View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5434.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	346.0 KB
ID:	123872
                        Not as exciting but here's what I flew - temp near 60, sunny and winds 3-8 - doesn't get any better than that in northern Illinois in March. Weather the rest of this week is downhill.
                        I have seen one of those little jets fly, and they do move, at least the one I saw at the field (exactly like yours), had some issues making it land as it comes in hot and with no wheels difficult to track on the ground.

Comment

LOL, you and I have already met once. It was at the electric event in Chino Valley before you moved. ;)
                          *Facepalm* Yeah, completely forgot about that! Although that was 2 or 3 years ago now. And I had 2 years of school to shove every non-essential fact out of my mind since then :Silly:.

Comment

• Today i flew a shovel...wife had me building tulip beds....its ok though. F4 arrives tomorrow.
                            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I was hardly able to get out of bed. Dizziness with a wild and nasty headache spike had me down the entire day. Life is gonna suck for the rest of the week for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                I was hardly able to get out of bed. Dizziness with a wild and nasty headache spike had me down the entire day. Life is gonna suck for the rest of the week for me.
                                I understand. Joint pain this AM was not cool. Did what I had to do and went back to bed until I had to go get my little girl from school. So a beautiful day was spent in bed instead of doing stuff!!! LOL Praying for you to feel better Bro!!! I understand!! Jerry

Comment

• Just hang in there. It will get better!!!! Just have faith!

Comment

• Indeed, just seems the last couple years keep going down hill instead of better. I mean sometimes I have the better days, but they really seem much fewer and far between. And thank you brother

Comment

• Roger that. The older we get, the more stuff breaks!!!! LOL Or we are out of warranty!!! LOL Just adapt and overcome my Bro!!!

Comment

• Easy to say, hard to do at times, but we have to get er done!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Sending you lots of prayers and love for a better day!!! Night!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X